Votes: 108 34.8%
  • OUT

Votes: 202 65.2%

• Total voters

HseagullsH

NSC's tipster
May 15, 2008
Brighton
Same as Ric. Unless we have a proven quality manager such as Coppell, there is little point in sacking Slade.

We will not go down.

We will not go up.

So there is no hurry to sack him...

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
*If he goes then we have to get rid of the LOT and start over. I like Salde tho and hope it isnt the case.

SeagullRic

Jan 13, 2008
brighton
Twit or are you an ostrich?
3 wins all season, averaging less than 1 point a game = relegation.

Not really a great way of looking at it, only 13 games gone, plenty of time left. I know its frustrating, but I still think Russell will come good: if he hasn't turned it around by Christmas, then its time to start thinking about a change.

In the last 3 seasons we've had Mcghee, Wilkins, Adams and now Slade. Surely a bit of stability is the way forward.

Binney on acid

NSC Patron
Nov 30, 2003
Shoreham
I don't think anyone could turn this shambles around overnight. Slade didn't create the shambles. He will come good. I still don't believe that he is a bad manager.

Don Quixote

Nov 4, 2008
He can't stay, anyone who thinks he can stay is actually clueless or maybe wants us to go down. I love Slade, as a person, i like the way he talks but we are abotu results and we're not getting what we need. Teams below us have sacked their managers, we have to do the same really to see any improvement. We know we are better than Tranmere, we know we are better than teams like Wycombe, we have the players we just don't have the brains. We need someone who can shake things up around here. I thought that man was slade, it, evidently, is not. Bloom must act now before we have a recurance of last season, i do not want us being aroudn the relegation zone come April. Maybe if we get someone decent in we might be able to come out of this season with a scrap of dignity. The Oldham bench were laughing at us today, this is what we've become. The laughing stock of the lower leagues. Shit Brighton with their shit stadium and rubbish set up. Good times.

Gonzo

Apr 7, 2007
Sorry Russell, but I think it might be time to go. The football is abysmal and I don't see any sign of it improving. TB needs to get on to the blower to Steve Coppell and beg him to come down and rescue us.

Ex-Staffs Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Adelaide, SA
I voted IN purely because I don't think we need another change of manager. I have never voted out, but I am VERY close.

If we had 10 games left and were in the bottom 4 those players would be giving it their all, but today and last Saturday (even the second half against Gillingham, we have not just been unlucky, but we have been poor, no intent and no committment or confidence going forward. Something needs to change, and hopefully Slade will do it, but if by Xmas we are still like this, he will have to go.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
Whilst I admire the optimism of the likes of SeagullRic & HSeagullsH, I think you're sadly deluded if you think the results are going to get better.

Brighton are the laughing stock of League 1. We've spent in excess of a million in pre-season and yet we're in a relegation battle!

Unless you've had your heads in a hole for the last few weeks, we've played shit and FFS I wish people would stop going on about how well we played Gillingham...THEY ARE WORSE THAN US and 25 minutes of good football against a crap team who're favourites to go down does not constitute playing well for a whole 90 minutes!

We are in the same situation as we were the season after Gritt steered us away from relegation to the Conference and the outcome then must surely be the same outcome now.

If the club keep with Slade until Xmas, then the players confidence is going to get worse as it did last year and even with a new manager then, it will take a great deal to turn things round again as we're in a worse position to what we were this time last year.

And for those who keep blaming the players? We'll today only proved that the management team's tactics are laughable...Playing Navarro, Dicker & Crofts together at home when we should be trying to attack and just expecting Bennett to be the sole attacking force from the midfield if ludicrous!

Slade should be remembered as the manager who saved us from League 2 football last year and as a legend for doing so not as the man who saved us one season and got us relegated the following year.

I hope he and the backroom staff resigns now so to give the club a fighting chance of a top half finish.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
To those who want Slade to stay. I agree with with the idea of giving a manager time, however these performances are no where near good enough.

Only three other teams in the football league have lost five home matches, Grimsby, Darlington and Crewe. I will leave you all to work out what other thing they all have in common.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
I don't think anyone could turn this shambles around overnight. Slade didn't create the shambles. He will come good. I still don't believe that he is a bad manager.

And just how much ..................... have you taken :lolol:

Attachments

• smiley.jpg
    smiley.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 240

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
Have a look at the table and our next few fixtures.:nono:

And if things do go poorly what will the confidence be like then, non existant, so we are definately heading into another relegation fight. Has to be sorted now, give a new manager time against Hartlepool and the 1st round of the cup before we head into those games and a possible embarrassment on National TV against Southampton, who are possibly a better team than Huddersfield and look what they did to us.

webbyson

Pre & Post..*Gullsworth*
Jul 26, 2004
Mudhut
Tides turned........and i like surfing................was in now out:hammer:

Don Quixote

Nov 4, 2008
I think someone must have made 24 accounts and is just clicking in constantly. How it is not 100% out is beyond me.

Don Quixote

Nov 4, 2008
I think someone must have made 24 accounts and is just clicking in constantly. How it is not 100% out is beyond me.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here