Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Skyrim

I've had minor glitches dragons flying backwards, flying horses that turn invisible. I had one major glitch during a companion quest where one of the companions were supposed to meet me at the steps to the building, but didn't making the quest impossible to finish. I just skipped back a few saves to before I joined the Companions and carried on.

Any DLC Bethseda make will be substantial add ons and not quick additions, found this blog that might interest a few of you.

http://ppsh-41.tumblr.com/post/13145143504/entire-tamriel-landmass-built-into-skyrim

Wow, that's immense. The path to Morrowind looks primed for a DLC, but I can only assume that the rest of it is there for modding purposes. The 'Morrowind rebuilt' mods for Oblivion looked great but never (afaik) got very far because there was so much work involved in creating the landmass. If that is (even roughly) done it's a great time-saver. Similar, I seem to remember reading somewhere that a lot of the landscape is auto-generated (such as trees, which would explain those seen miles into Morrowind). Could be a modders dream. Imagine being able to catch a lift to the Imperial City? Or visiting the obliterated Vvardenfell?

On the bugs issue - I've run into a couple of minor ones (currently started one of the early main quest missions and can't get the quest marker to disappear, despite not having marked it in the journal, and it seems to be bugging the other quests up. Guess I'm off to Solitude then!) but nothing that's really killed the game for me. Certainly no backwards-dragons!

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
Seems I have years to go then on this.

I bought it nearly 2 weeks ago for my dusty xbox when I had a torn ligament in my foot.

Started it but haven't got far.

I chose the cat character to start with, thought its natural sneakiness would be very handy but now I'm not too sure. I've only just got to bleakbarrow falls (or something similar) to try and get a "dragonstone" on level 1:ohmy:

Been killed plenty of times already too, so far I've fallen off a cliff, been killed by 3 separate wolves, met a random character just outside whiterun that fired some sort of spell at me that killed me, I got lost heading for bleakbarrow so restarted from meeting "the jarl", as soon as I left the building 3 arseholes attacked me and killed me, 3rd time I tried I snuck out but still got chased all the way out of whiterun, I read somewhere that if I return they'll still be after me which will make finishing this quest trickier:facepalm:

I can see it being rewarding but also very frustrating at times.

I haven't been a regular gamer for over 10 years so I find the controls a bit tricky, 2 toggle sticks and 8 buttons is a bit complex for me:nono:

JBizzleBeard

Jan 23, 2007
Brighton
Level 28 and 60+ hours played. Just taking my time, exploring and doing as many side quests as possible. Took me ages to find my way up to the Greybeards :facepalm:
Quality game!

Ratso2005

Dec 4, 2004
I've just ordered a copy for 360 via that deal as after playing 60+ (mostly wonderful) hours of the PS3 version I can confirm that it is indeed rather broken. Even after things were slightly improved via the recent patch, ultimately the framerate slows to a crawl (less than 1 frame per second has been measured). Very poor of Bethesda to release it in such a state on PS3 and very poor of me for 'rewarding' them by buying another copy.

I plumped for the PS3 version in the first place as I had been misinformed that it boasted superior textures. It doesn't, in fact if anything - due to post-processing filter effect it looks blurrier than the 360 version.

Obviously the PC release is the version to get if you have a machine capable of running it well, but if you have the choice of console versions, in this case it has to be 360 all the way. I absolutely do not favour one format over another by the way, I take every release on a case-by-case basis.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
All this mega RPG talk has made me start Fallout 3 properly for the FIRST TIME.

I am LOVING it.

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
I'm over the 60 hour mark and haven't had any frame rate issues, well maybe every now and then, but the patch seems to have sorted that. Haven't had any backwards flying dragons either. Is it just luck of the draw, or can I expect it to all go Pete Tong soon?

All this mega RPG talk has made me start Fallout 3 properly for the FIRST TIME.

I am LOVING it.

Cracking game. Can't wait for the next Fallout.

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
Right, this has just arrived today and I will be starting tonight.

I understand the very first choice is what character to be from the start, without knowing anything about the story ahead. Any catastrophic choices I should avoid? (Won't be asking for more hints as we go through, just don't want to fail before I've crossed the start line!)

MrShaun15

Aug 28, 2010
its wicked, spent so much time on it already haha level 17 and just way to much to explore

00snook

Aug 20, 2007
Southsea
Right, this has just arrived today and I will be starting tonight.

I understand the very first choice is what character to be from the start, without knowing anything about the story ahead. Any catastrophic choices I should avoid? (Won't be asking for more hints as we go through, just don't want to fail before I've crossed the start line!)

Your character grows as you do depending on playing style so just go for your life.

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
Still hooked on this game, can't believe it after so long playing. Anyone else still going?

Still hooked on this game, can't believe it after so long playing. Anyone else still going?

Yes, although I must confess after completing everything I was interested in (main quest, civil war, companions, thieves guild and most of the daedric quests) at about level 30 I used console commands to max out all skills and perks (mainly because I felt like a bit of a cheat doing the mages' college quests with no magic skills). With hindsight a bit of a mistake as its made me level 81 and all of the enemies are rock hard - while I'm not dying (I wasn't before either) now the baddies take even more hits to kill.

I've got to (what I think is) the last quest in the mages' college, one daedric quest left and then I think that's pretty much it for primary quests, although I've got a long list of small items under Miscellaneous quests which I'll then complete. I'd estimate maybe another 15 hours or so of playtime left in this run through.

I'll likely then leave the game for a couple of months, before downloading a few decent mods and starting a new game.

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me

Yeah Im still playing it. Must admit though it last some of the appeal once I completed the main quest. Think I'm on level 62 at the moment. I had a look at the achievments on steam and one of them is to get married so at the moment I'm trying to figure out how to marry some bird I rescued from her witch of a mother!!

I'm liking the "Nude" mod. Kill the women then steal their clothes. It's fun when you try to kill them so they are left hanging over a fence!!!

fruitnveg

Jul 22, 2010
Waitrose. Veg aisles
You all have some staying power. I'm far too easily distracted. I finished the main story (enjoyed immensely) and the Civil war story (also enjoyed) and then felt like I had nothing to focus on* so drifted away to other games.

*I found the companions storyline underwhelming and I don't get along well with sneaky missions (DB & TG). I will admit blundering around trying to be a sneaky thief type was great fun, but largely because I was so bad at it.

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
Yeah Im still playing it. Must admit though it last some of the appeal once I completed the main quest. Think I'm on level 62 at the moment. I had a look at the achievments on steam and one of them is to get married so at the moment I'm trying to figure out how to marry some bird I rescued from her witch of a mother!!

I'm liking the "Nude" mod. Kill the women then steal their clothes. It's fun when you try to kill them so they are left hanging over a fence!!!

:lolol:

I've only just got married too, is a bit of strange part of the game but my lesbian wife is good and cooks me meals on request!

I'm up to level 46 but playing on console so no mods for me :(

Yes, although I must confess after completing everything I was interested in (main quest, civil war, companions, thieves guild and most of the daedric quests) at about level 30 I used console commands to max out all skills and perks (mainly because I felt like a bit of a cheat doing the mages' college quests with no magic skills). With hindsight a bit of a mistake as its made me level 81 and all of the enemies are rock hard - while I'm not dying (I wasn't before either) now the baddies take even more hits to kill.

I've got to (what I think is) the last quest in the mages' college, one daedric quest left and then I think that's pretty much it for primary quests, although I've got a long list of small items under Miscellaneous quests which I'll then complete. I'd estimate maybe another 15 hours or so of playtime left in this run through.

I'll likely then leave the game for a couple of months, before downloading a few decent mods and starting a new game.

I've been quite good and not maxed out any areas un-naturally. Only just nearing the end of the main quest and civil war bits, but finished DB, TG and Mage College. Not going to do the Companions, will probably end up starting a new game and doing that one as well as going down the opposite route for the Civil War

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
:lolol:

I've only just got married too, is a bit of strange part of the game but my lesbian wife is good and cooks me meals on request!

I'm up to level 46 but playing on console so no mods for me :(

I've been quite good and not maxed out any areas un-naturally. Only just nearing the end of the main quest and civil war bits, but finished DB, TG and Mage College. Not going to do the Companions, will probably end up starting a new game and doing that one as well as going down the opposite route for the Civil War

How do you manage to get married then?

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
How do you manage to get married then?

There's a church in Riften, Temple of Mara I think it is. Go in there and speak to someone (can't remember their name) and you can buy an amulet for 200 coins, when you wear that amulet it announces "you're looking for marriage" and an option will come up in conversations with some people about getting married.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here