Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sky: Robins reject Greer offer

Simon Morgan

Oct 30, 2004
Oxford
Our problem over the last couple of seasons is that we have been shit house at the back. By all accounts Greer is immense and will solve all the problems.

In Greer we are also buying a captain, we dont have one at the moment, and no real obvious choise of one either

Spot on. Thought he was older than 29, thats a very good age to buy a player in form.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
All joking aside, I'm in a better position than most to judge this guy, and he is a very good centre half. But he's not particularly quick, and I think we need pace at the back with Elphick, and I don't think Greer ticks that box. I think he'd be another Elphick, rather than a partner for him. Personally, I would rather we signed a more mobile centre back to be a foil for Elphick, rather than the same type of defender. He is a good player though, Greer, but I wouldn't want to spend £250,000 for someone with just 1 year left on his contract and who will turn 30 this season. It's not a wise investment at this level.

Nappy thrower

Banned
Dec 17, 2009
Floor above Bushy
All joking aside, I'm in a better position than most to judge this guy, and he is a very good centre half. But he's not particularly quick, and I think we need pace at the back with Elphick, and I don't think Greer ticks that box. I think he'd be another Elphick, rather than a partner for him. Personally, I would rather we signed a more mobile centre back to be a foil for Elphick, rather than the same type of defender. He is a good player though, Greer, but I wouldn't want to spend £250,000 for someone with just 1 year left on his contract and who will turn 30 this season. It's not a wise investment at this level.

"I'm in a better position then most to judge this guy"

Yea right :rolleyes:

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
I'd be very happy with signing of Germaine Greer.

A quality centre back is something we are crying out for, and a captain too.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Gary Doherty on a free would be better than Greer for 300k in my opinion. Yes i know about wages and signing on fee's, but Doherty has pedigree at a higher level as well.

I can't believe that a few of you have suggested we don't need a center back considering some of the awful defending we saw last season from the 7-1 at Huddersfield, the fact that Elphick blows hot and cold, the fact that El-Abd isn't exactly a Championship defender plus after them two we only have a first year pro and Tunnicliffe who at times couldn't defend if his life depended on it.

Since Butters has left we have missed having a defender with great positional sense that will not make mistakes, Greer is that player. We need experience at the back and he is exactly that plus the fact, as someone else has mentioned, we are gaining a captain and a potential long term player that will lead us out a Falmer.

(Oh and is he Scottish? If so we could have an Englishman, Scotsman, Spaniard and Egyptian in the back 4 with a Slovakian keeper :love: )

Laughing Gravy

I'm a ****
Jan 8, 2010
In my bungalow
I can't believe that a few of you have suggested we don't need a center back considering some of the awful defending we saw last season from the 7-1 at Huddersfield, the fact that Elphick blows hot and cold, the fact that El-Abd isn't exactly a Championship defender plus after them two we only have a first year pro and Tunnicliffe who at times couldn't defend if his life depended on it.

Since Butters has left we have missed having a defender with great positional sense that will not make mistakes, Greer is that player. We need experience at the back and he is exactly that plus the fact, as someone else has mentioned, we are gaining a captain and a potential long term player that will lead us out a Falmer.

(Oh and is he Scottish? If so we could have an Englishman, Scotsman, Spaniard and Egyptian in the back 4 with a Slovakian keeper :love: )

Good post and your bang on.
Some of the errors earlier in the season were bloody awful.
We need a CB for sure and i trust gus to bring a good one in.

:thumbsup:

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
no you just piss me off mate...every f***ing post has a :facepalm: or a :angry: or a :clap2: or a:shrug: or a:wave: and every subject your a expert :facepalm:

Like you said on the other thread then, put me on your ignore list and don't pretend that you have as you have already done. DO IT. Please. I'm genuinely concerned with your obsession for me. (This includes creating threads about me, creating new accounts taking the piss, quoting all my post's..ect ect)

Why do you obsess about me? Do you love me babe? And why do you never use basic literacy. :angry:

Oh seriously, just f*** off, you are even starting to annoy me now with your petty squabbles and needless posting. I suggest you look at the 'THREAD TITLES' before you post instead of covering every thread with moronic, idiotic, senseless posting about things you don't even really have an opinion on.

NF9, Wizard, whoever you are, can you just ease off with the serial posting?

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
Like you said on the other thread then, put me on your ignore list and don't pretend that you have as you have already done. DO IT. Please.

just piss off dick head....you really are nsc biggest twat and most unpopular poster...now be a good boy and f*** off:thumbsup:

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
Oh seriously, just f*** off, you are even starting to annoy me now with your petty squabbles and needless posting. I suggest you look at the 'THREAD TITLES' before you post instead of covering every thread with moronic, idiotic, senseless posting about things you don't even really have an opinion on.

NF9, Wizard, whoever you are, can you just ease off with the serial posting?

well said :clap2::clap2:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here