Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Six released, four to be offered deals (Merged)

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
A bit daft that we have to take these decisions before a new manager comes in, but I guess that's what happens when your manager leaves because you've undermined his authority two years in a row. Clearly no lessons learned from last year - smacks of arrogance on behalf of the powers that be.

The Stout Yeoman

Master Farter
Aug 14, 2003
59 Le Petomane Boulevard
Tony Bloom “We held off from making these decisions until now at the request of Oscar Garcia. He felt it was important for the unity within the squad in the final weeks of the campaign that we waited until the end of the season.”

Erm, of course we wait until the end of the season! Were we honestly about to announce it “in the final weeks of the campaign” until Oscar said, “Please don’t, let’s just wait until the season's over shall we.”

You couldn’t make it up at the moment.

Derby didn't .... they announced some movers and shakers before we played them in the first leg ....

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
Staggered so many people give Orlandi/Buckley stick for being injury prone and only playing 25-30 games a season, yet they're crying a river over Hoskins going. The man has been injured for THREE YEARS. Sorry but enough us enough, he scored the same number of goals as Ryan Harley, we can't keep paying him in the hope he'll somehow come good, even if he goes to someone else in the championship and scores loads (he won't), it's time for him to go.

The rest I more or less agree with - would've given Orlandi another year myself, but I presume he and Spanish Dave both going indicates we have a creative midfielder on our shopping list this summer.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Gutted about Orlandi going, assume this has to be down to money! He was class last season and this season injury has stopped him from making a real impact.

Hoskins is an odd one, we all wanted him to do well but alas its not to be. The club must know something we don't though as leaving us with 2 strikers before the start of the new season is odd.

I hope Burke has people lined up and I am sure he does, I am not fussed about Premership or Championship has beens, I'd rather we started to pluck talent from league 1 and 2 very much like Norwich did before they went up to the prem, signing crap like Kemy and Andrews will get us no where except mid table.

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
Agree with these. Think are all the right decisions. Shame PIGs last few games he wasnt up to scratch.

Gutted we cant sign ward permanently, he was mr conisistent for us and will be hard to replace. But we thought that after bridge didnt we.

Why cant we sign ward permenantly?

Last edited:

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Shame to see Orlandi, PIG and Hoskins go - would have thought one year deals (perhaps 6mths for Hoskins) would have sufficed, but if wages are high then I can understand it.

Very pleased to see Calde get a new deal. He makes me happy in pants.

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011
Thank goodness that kept the best guy with a 'Z' in his name.

ZORRO.jpg

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I am comfortable with everything about the retained list apart from not having a starting keeper.

I will follow Kuszczak's career progress with interest. He made it clear some weeks ago he'd be open to other offers, but I see him and us at roughly the same level, so it's a shame both sides couldn't agree a deal. He was a decent, solid keeper and it will be hard to get someone better in for next season.

Monsieur Le Plonk

Lethargy in motion
Apr 22, 2009
By a lake
Ward is on 20k+ a week with wolves paying 50% of that. I really cant see us being able to keep him.

If that is true, then nor can I.

Nothing on the list that particularly sticks out for me although possibly letting Kusch go. I know he can't kick and has got a bit of a catching problem recently :blush: but for ages I have believed him to be the best shot-stopper in the league.

My biggest issue by far is how I am going to break news of those let go to the kids. :eek:

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Staggered so many people give Orlandi/Buckley stick for being injury prone and only playing 25-30 games a season, yet they're crying a river over Hoskins going. The man has been injured for THREE YEARS. Sorry but enough us enough, he scored the same number of goals as Ryan Harley, we can't keep paying him in the hope he'll somehow come good, even if he goes to someone else in the championship and scores loads (he won't), it's time for him to go.

The rest I more or less agree with - would've given Orlandi another year myself, but I presume he and Spanish Dave both going indicates we have a creative midfielder on our shopping list this summer.

Clueless.

LOOK at the actual injuries. 2 major ones. Buckley, little niggles every other week. Totally different problems.

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
Remaining squad, needs serious investment.

Goalkeepers

Casper Ankergren
Christian Walton

Full Backs

Inigo Calderon
Bruno
Adam Chicksen

Central Defenders

Gordon Greer
Lewis Dunk
Matthew Upson

Central Midfielders

Rohan Ince
Jake Forster-Caskey
Dale Stephens
Andrew Crofts

Wingers

Will Buckley
Kazenga LuaLua
Solly March

Strikers

Leonardo Ulloa
Craig Mackail-Smith

You have left out the mighty Kemy Agustien!

Paddy B

Jul 5, 2003
Horsham
So what does that leave us with at the moment, assuming new deals are signed?

GK Ankegren, Walton
RB Bruno, Calde
LB Chicksen, Maxi
CB Greer, Upson, Dunk
MID Crofts, Stephens, Kemy, JFC, Ince, March, KLL, Buckley
FOR CMS, Leo

So we need a GK, LB, Creative Midfielder x 2, Striker x 2 ?

On top of any like for like replacements for anyone who is sold.

Oh and a manager.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here