Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Six released, four to be offered deals (Merged)

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
Stephen Ward earned a new contract and he will be missed. Keith Andrews might be hard to replace?

Stephen Ward is under contract to Wolves, not us. I don't know about Keith Andrews situation at Bolton... but I'd be quite happy to see him stay there.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
That's a lot of wages freed up. Chuffed that Kaz will be with us for another season at least.

Yes me too. He is one of very few players, who can, on his day, change a game for us. I wold have liked to have seen Stephen Ward offered some sort of deal, but he was, one imagines, too expensive.l

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Stephen Ward earned a new contract and he will be missed. Keith Andrews might be hard to replace?

Ward and Andrews still have a year left at their respective clubs. At the end of the day it is up to Wolves and Bolton to decide what their future is.

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
Pleased for Ankergen, often unfairly maligned, he had a good game when stepping in for kooshack recently, particularly highlighting how poor Kooshack was with the ball. Delighted
Brez gone though. Disappointed we've kept
Bruno. Agree with the rest.

backson

Registered Mis-user
Jul 26, 2004
They obviously see enough in Dickensen to take the option on his contract, maybe next season we'll see him a little more

Seagull1989

Oct 31, 2011
Agree with these. Think are all the right decisions. Shame PIGs last few games he wasnt up to scratch.

Gutted we cant sign ward permanently, he was mr conisistent for us and will be hard to replace. But we thought that after bridge didnt we.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Remaining squad, needs serious investment.

Goalkeepers

Casper Ankergren
Christian Walton

Full Backs

Inigo Calderon
Bruno
Adam Chicksen

Central Defenders

Gordon Greer
Lewis Dunk
Matthew Upson

Central Midfielders

Rohan Ince
Jake Forster-Caskey
Dale Stephens
Andrew Crofts

Wingers

Will Buckley
Kazenga LuaLua
Solly March

Strikers

Leonardo Ulloa
Craig Mackail-Smith

That list assumes Calderon, Bruno, Upson and Ankergren sign their new deals.

I hope we haven't offered peanuts.

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
I think Ward will stay but we need to negotiate a transfer fee with Wolves first

I think Kenny Jackett has already said that he isn't interested in using the players that went out on loan in his Wolves squad for next season, so clearly there is a deal to be done there.

solly

Aug 31, 2005
Hoskins will be a miss and hopefully he wont come back to haunt us, but happy with the others

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Agree with these. Think are all the right decisions. Shame PIGs last few games he wasnt up to scratch.

Gutted we cant sign ward permanently, he was mr conisistent for us and will be hard to replace. But we thought that after bridge didnt we.

We can still sign Ward....

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
I know he must be on fairly high wages at Wolves, but I was under the distinct impression that there had been a bad falling out between Ward and the club? If that's correct, I can't see him slotting back into their squad.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Orlandi on his day was our most creative player. He just didn't have his day enough. Not surprised PIG has gone. He's had an iffy season on the one hand yet probably thinks he can have one more tilt at the Premier League on the other. As a few have said we can always go back for these players later as free agent if they have not been snapped up. This is what happened with Spanish Dave last season.

Re Ward he might go but not back to Wolves. Kenny Jackett isn't interested in the players offloaded. He's the player I'd be very carefully cultivating right now.

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
Stephen Ward is under contract to Wolves, not us. I don't know about Keith Andrews situation at Bolton... but I'd be quite happy to see him stay there.

Ward is on 20k+ a week with wolves paying 50% of that. I really cant see us being able to keep him.

scooter1

How soon is now?
Disappointed for Hoskins but not really surprised. It may be that the club invites him back for pre-season, but as he's still living in a hotel with his young family in the midlands, I expect he'll find a L1 club closer to home.
KJ at Wolves has already said that Ward doesn't have a future under him, none of the players loaned out this season do apparently. Hopefully they'll release him and we can pick him up, but i'd expect they'll be looking for a fee as he's probably on a good wage..
As I mentioned on another thread, it looks like we're clearing the decks of some of GP's big earners. And if we can get a new manager in soon, who can then start doing business. We might be in decent shape in time for pre-season. And please, find out what the ****s wrong with Buckleys hamstrings, and resolve it!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here