Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Six Million a Year to make us Worse!

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
We're in for some real International wilderness years now I reckons.

We don't have to be:

Under 17s - European Champions
Under 19s - Finalists
Under 21s - Finalists

We clearly have an excellent crop on the way, we should take note of the above as a number of the "new" German stars played in winning U17, U19 and U21 sides.

Brooking was bemoaning the fact we have these younger players who play lovely, continental, passing football, and look very comfortable on the ball only to then be forced into the hustle and bustle of the Premiership where their skills are totally overlooked/seen as less important than being "physical".

Ship them all out to Spain NOW.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Its re-arranging the deckchairs on the Titanic I fear Marshy.

There is no quick fix here. Our existing "stars" have had ample opportunity to prove themselves and have failed, and there seems precious little coming through behind them in the way of replacements.

Its going to take a complete overhaul of coaching methods in this country. We need quality coaches, coaching kids first and foremost how to pass the ball. Forget competative junior leagues, forget 11-aside on a full sized pitch when they're barely in their teens. Until a real effort is made in changing attitudes at grass roots, I think we'll always be behind the likes of Spain, Holland and Germany.

I think your right.

But if Capello continues to go 4-4-2 i think im going to go MAD !
And if i see Heskey in an England shirt again....i wont be held accountable for my actions !

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
We don't have to be:

Under 19s - Finalists
Under 21s - Finalists

We clearly have an excellent crop on the way, we should take note of the above as a number of the "new" German stars played in winning U17, U19 and U21 sides.

Brooking was bemoaning the fact we have these younger players who play lovely, continental, passing football, and look very comfortable on the ball only to then be forced into the hustle and bustle of the Premiership where their skills are totally overlooked/seen as less important than being "physical".

Agreed also, our good young players get so far then cant get a kick in a premier league side let alone a championship one.

Caskey dosent know how lucky he is being at Brighton, the opportunity of first team football for him at his stage of developent under Gus is one the other Under 17 lads at Man U Chelsea etc should be very jealous of in my opinion.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
We don't have to be:

Under 19s - Finalists
Under 21s - Finalists

They're not forced into the hustle-bustle of the Premiership at all, thats also half the problem. Carlos Kikaball comes in instead, whilst the promising youngsters either rot or go down the leagues.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
They're not forced into the hustle-bustle of the Premiership at all, thats also half the problem. Carlos Kikaball comes in instead, whilst the promising youngsters either rot or go down the leagues.

Well that was also sort of my point. They don't get in as they don't have the skills wanted by anyone other than Arsene Wenger.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Hang on, there's something wrong here. Many of you are now saying the same kind of things about the England team that I was a month ago, but then you blasted me as anti-English and plain wrong.

Very odd. :wave:
Not at all. Most of us are saying exactly the same things we've been saying since NSC started. I just have to see "Easy 10, Marshy, Giraffe, Trigger" and I know exactly what they're going to say - and I'm sure they do with me.

You were blasted more for the snide way you revelled in our failure. Even Digweed's Trousers had a bit more class.

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
Not at all. Most of us are saying exactly the same things we've been saying since NSC started. I just have to see "Easy 10, Marshy, Giraffe, Trigger" and I know exactly what they're going to say - and I'm sure they do with me.

You were blasted more for the snide way you revelled in our failure. Even Digweed's Trousers had a bit more class.

Snide? Moi?

As a matter of fact, I think almost all my comments were made BEFORE England's failure. They were in the thread about who was most likely to win the Cup, the USA or England. About which it seems I was spot on.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Its re-arranging the deckchairs on the Titanic I fear Marshy.

There is no quick fix here. Our existing "stars" have had ample opportunity to prove themselves and have failed, and there seems precious little coming through behind them in the way of replacements.

Its going to take a complete overhaul of coaching methods in this country. We need quality coaches, coaching kids first and foremost how to pass the ball. Forget competative junior leagues, forget 11-aside on a full sized pitch when they're barely in their teens. Until a real effort is made in changing attitudes at grass roots, I think we'll always be behind the likes of Spain, Holland and Germany.

In other words, the FA should have listened to Howard Wilkinson in 1995.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I'm glad we seem to be keeping hold of Capello (for now), he did actually manage to get the best out of the England players during the qualifiers, it's just that something f***ed up when it came to putting it together in a tournament. This could be for a number of reasons, and possibly due to bad man management, but I'm sure the John Terry situation didn't help matters.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Blame the players, not Capello.
In fact, just blame John Terry.
That said you need a bit of luck and we didn't get that. One more goal and we would have been in the other half of the draw.

I'd still love him to start afresh without Terry and Lampard.

I would kick Terry out for starters. He's nothing but a problem waiting to happen and his outburst in SA was at best pathetic and at worst divisive.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Hang on, there's something wrong here. Many of you are now saying the same kind of things about the England team that I was a month ago, but then you blasted me as anti-English and plain wrong.

Very odd. :wave:

I know how you feel.

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley
I love how he suddenly becomes a shit manager on the back of his first ever international tournament. Mistakes made yes, but the players are more to blame than him. They under perform without fail all the time in tournaments. This was no different. How many managers have had such a great qualifying campaign as him?

It was obvious after watching the England performance in the first couple of games that as son as we met a half-decent team then we'd get demolished - and that team was Germany!

Now if I could see that, how come Capello couldn't and didn't do anything to avoid the inevitable capitulation? What do we pay him all that money for if he can't see the inevitable - Heskey ffs!! :down:

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
or me in 1992 :smile:
I think the views of a former professional player and league championship winning manager with experience on the international scene is likely to be held in slightly higher esteem than Mr A N Other football fan with seemingly a bizarre need to rubbish his own country at every given opportunity.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Mr A N Other football fan with seemingly a bizarre need to rubbish his own country at every given opportunity.

Not bizarre at all, it is highly fashionable to be anti-english when it comes to football.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Mr Tron has a point tho.

Isnt the England u17 or u19 captain or something now at Shrewsbury?

Like he says get them off to somewhere that plays football.

No disrespect to the Shrews.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here