Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Single words that make you cringe helplessly

rcf0712

Out Here In The Perimeter
Feb 26, 2009
Perth, Western Australia
Most Americanised teen-speak, but especially 'like' and ohmygod', as used 10 times in each sentence by teenage girls.

'Ohmygod, I was, like, walking down the road, and, like, ohmygod, I, like, realised I'd, like, left my brain at home. Ohmygod. I was, like, whatever!'

:bla::bla::bla:
first time I've ever done this but, THIS.
Spot on mate.

Mar 29, 2010
Under your skin.
When people shorten Episodes to Eps. :rant:

rcf0712

Out Here In The Perimeter
Feb 26, 2009
Perth, Western Australia
also, a few here that grate for me are "yoooz" meaning you, plural, "haitch" for pronouncing the letter H, "fift" for fifth and "nowan" for known or "growan" for grown.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
"I love him TO BITS!" WTF???

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Most Americanised teen-speak, but especially 'like' and ohmygod', as used 10 times in each sentence by teenage girls.

'Ohmygod, I was, like, walking down the road, and, like, ohmygod, I, like, realised I'd, like, left my brain at home. Ohmygod. I was, like, whatever!'

:bla::bla::bla:

There is a girl in my office exactly like that. Although pretty much every sentence must contain the word "lush" which I simply cannot stand. She also ends almost every sentence with the word "yeah" too which is quite annoying.

"It was like well lush yeah!"

Great tits though!

Paddy B

Jul 5, 2003
Horsham
I have problems with most of these as well as most the things in the other similar thread last week.

I really do need to relax a bit more.

Note.... not "Chillax" as that is top of the list of hated words

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Theres more Americans living here than English due to some sort of university exchange deal...
I hear the
'and I was like, you know, and he was like yeah, and I was like no! and he was like yeah, and I was like, oh my god, and he was like, you know, and I was like thats totally awesome, and he was like'

conversations daily. Ive not actually attacked any of them yet, but its only a matter of time.

dannyboy

tfso!
Oct 20, 2003
Waikanae NZ
I have problems with most of these as well as most the things in the other similar thread last week.

I really do need to relax a bit more.

Note.... not "Chillax" as that is top of the list of hated words

great shout chillax. why invent a new word you fool . relax is fine and chill is shorter. loads of twats on my facebook say oooh get me im chillaxing .really? are you? great now f*** off

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
There is a girl in my office exactly like that. Although pretty much every sentence must contain the word "lush" which I simply cannot stand. She also ends almost every sentence with the word "yeah" too which is quite annoying.

"It was like well lush yeah!"

Great tits though!

I've thought about this, weighed everything up, and decided that taking everything into account, she sounds okay. :thumbsup:

Pics? :jester:

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
People using old outdated "comedy" catch-phrases. Such as "I'm a lady", "yeah but no but" etc.

Also, on a grammatical spelling note: "would of" instead of "would have", "your" instead of "you are".

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here