Jamie_Seagull

Jun 22, 2010
Worthing
"whore" - just a grubby word

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
Most Americanised teen-speak, but especially 'like' and ohmygod', as used 10 times in each sentence by teenage girls.

'Ohmygod, I was, like, walking down the road, and, like, ohmygod, I, like, realised I'd, like, left my brain at home. Ohmygod. I was, like, whatever!'

:bla::bla::bla:

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Any bloke calling his girlfriend "babe" or "babes" is just horrific.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Say Ciao all the time here :) although they spell it Cau here...and its usage is very common..and its a whole heap easier than Na Schledenou

This language is a nightmare. Took me 2 years before I could say Thursday in Cesky....

mccraque

Feb 24, 2009
as per the above. I hate interjections of "Like" at every 4th word. Would sooner the space was filled with an F word.

Some Wakner that sits near me at work always says "ALRIGHTEEE" - I want to punch him.

Pacific instead of Specific

And another person at work says "Them ones".

I really just want to headbutt him when he does.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Say Ciao all the time here :) although they spell it Cau here...and its a whole heap easier than Na Schledenou

This language is a nightmare. Took me 2 years before I could say Thursday in Cesky....

No problem if it's the local language :angel: I meant more when English people say it to each other. Normally heard in poncy wine bar type establishments.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Any bloke calling his girlfriend "babe" or "babes" is just horrific.

I helped my brother move house, and after every item was moved, after every trip to the removal van he would return to his wife and say "alright babe?" Every single time. It was so sickening.

Personally I find the word "crap" cringeworthy, but only when referring to poo.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
As others have said, the overuse of the word "like" really does irritate me.

I also dislike the incorrect use of the word "literally" when retelling a story, as in "I, like, LITERALLY laughed my head off".

No you didn't.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here