Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Simple tasks that SHOULD be EASY, but are really Difficult

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Yes I Do, Sadly. You're The Specky Plump Boring Fugly That Nobody Wants To Talk To Except Your Fellow Mid Sussex Dullards. I Doubt You've Ever Even Had A Girlfriend.

And how do you know what I look like? I wear glasses about 2 hours a week....

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Certain people contributing to a thread without turning it into a slanging match/binfest ???

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Yes I Do, Sadly. You're The Specky Plump Boring Fugly That Nobody Wants To Talk To Except Your Fellow Mid Sussex Dullards. I Doubt You've Ever Even Had A Girlfriend.

And how do you know what I look like? I wear glasses about 2 hours a week....

I really know I shouldn't get involved, but WW - is 'speccy' really the only part you want to take issue with? :jester:

Seriously, just ignore Bars. He'll get bored and go back after nipple again.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I'm going home now, and tomorrow I'm going to be NICE to WW all day.*

*unless he starts moaning, in which case I reserve the right to change my mind.

Seagulltonian

C'mon the Albion!
Oct 2, 2003
Still Somewhere in Sussex!
Trying to get this thread back on topic.......

Adding a new piece of kit to your computer or home entertainment set-up, when you find the lead you have been supplied with is about 6" short :mad:

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Making phone calls, everything seems to be multiple option and when you eventually get to where you want you get put on hold and then cut off before you get a chance to talk to them.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Putting a duvet into a duvet cover is a truly hateful task :angry:

Why.

-Have the cover inside out, this can be done when removing cover for the washing, in the 1st place.
-Prepare your duvet so 2 corners are within easy reach.
Put your arms into cover to the opposite corners of the opening.
-Hold them.
-Pick up your 2 duvet corners, while still holding the inside of the cover.
-Pull duvet up whilst stretching your arms out, and releasing down the cover that is up your arms. (NB if you are short standing on the bed, will help with this).

-The cover has now gone over the duvet, and is the right way round.

-Follow the edge of the duvet around the edge of the cover making sure the other 2 corners are in place.

Job done, 30secs to 1 minute later.

The Clown of Pevensey Bay

Jul 5, 2003
Suburbia
Mending a flat tyre on a bike - it can take me anything from 30 to 60 minutes yet people in bike shops can do it in about five.

What he said. It's not the actual tyre bit, it's the making sure your wheel is on exactly right afterwards, and the brake blocks aren't out of place, that gets me.

However, my personal nomination is MENDING TROUSERS. Every time mine split in the crotch area, my piss-poor attempts at repair with a needle and thread are RUINED the next time I so much as WALK.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Why.

-Have the cover inside out, this can be done when removing cover for the washing, in the 1st place.
-Prepare your duvet so 2 corners are within easy reach.
Put your arms into cover to the opposite corners of the opening.
-Hold them.
-Pick up your 2 duvet corners, while still holding the inside of the cover.
-Pull duvet up whilst stretching your arms out, and releasing down the cover that is up your arms. (NB if you are short standing on the bed, will help with this).

-The cover has now gone over the duvet, and is the right way round.

-Follow the edge of the duvet around the edge of the cover making sure the other 2 corners are in place.

Job done, 30secs to 1 minute later.

Actually, just reading INSTRUCTIONS on putting a duvet into a duvet cover is a pretty hateful task in itself :glare:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Actually, just reading INSTRUCTIONS on putting a duvet into a duvet cover is a pretty hateful task in itself :glare:

Just be grateful I realised that, as well.
Because the unedited version would have had you slitting your wrists.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here