Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Simple tasks that SHOULD be EASY, but are really Difficult

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
1...Having a grown up conversation with a school teacher.

2...Having any kind of conversation with a copper

3... Understanding a railway timetable.

1. Your crass generalisation of school teachers says more about you than them.
2. Your obtuse generalisation of police officers once again says more about you than them.
3. I agree :)

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
trying to get hold of gig tickets!

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Getting my wife to let me get something done without her telling me in her school teacher voice how it should be done.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Utter nonsense. Or are you still bleating that your kid's teacher seems to think she knows better than you as to what is best for him?

I actually find his comments quite insulting. My parents are both teachers so I come into contact with a fair few teachers and have found them in the main to be interesting and intelligent people. They have a hard job which is made harder by parents who undermine the fact that these people are trained professionals and presume that their little darling is the be all and end all.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I also know many school teachers and many say that it is actually easier to have an adult conversation with the child than it is with some of the parents. While the parents only have the interests of their child in mind the teachers have to have in interest in as many as thirty children at a time and parents coming in shouting the odds just makes their job harder still.

footychick

Nicola
Dec 8, 2005
Soham, United Kingdom
Why.

-Have the cover inside out, this can be done when removing cover for the washing, in the 1st place.
-Prepare your duvet so 2 corners are within easy reach.
Put your arms into cover to the opposite corners of the opening.
-Hold them.
-Pick up your 2 duvet corners, while still holding the inside of the cover.
-Pull duvet up whilst stretching your arms out, and releasing down the cover that is up your arms. (NB if you are short standing on the bed, will help with this).

-The cover has now gone over the duvet, and is the right way round.

-Follow the edge of the duvet around the edge of the cover making sure the other 2 corners are in place.

Job done, 30secs to 1 minute later.

That's exactly what I do. Easy peasy.

Lady Bracknell

Handbag at Dawn
Jul 5, 2003
The Metropolis
There seems to be a small, but persistent, cadre of NHS staff at the Royal Sussex County Hospital whose main objective appears to be to DISBELIEVE simple answers to simple questions. Thus the gathering of straightforward and useful information turns from an easy task to a Palaver of ludicrous proportions.

Now I realise that these askers of quite simple questions on behalf of the hospital will encounter patients with complicated lives that they've made all the more difficult by a fondness for drinking until comatose and eating a diet composed entirely of junk food and the scariest sort of street drugs.

But not all of us fit that description. So why, without any evidence to the contrary, were my straightforward, if boring, answers to simple questions about lifestyle, repeatedly treated to the sort of cross-examination worthy of the Spanish Inquisition? You just don't expect it.....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here