Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Simple tasks that SHOULD be EASY, but are really Difficult

crasher

Jul 8, 2003
Sussex
Well as some of you know I'm a part-time musician. Last summer I did this afternoon gig in a marquee on a farm; we were just packing up and I was waiting with the instruments for the transport to turn up. One of the instruments was a banjo, and in the field next to us were a herd of cows. "Well," I wondered to myself, "How difficult is it, I mean how diifficult is it really ... to hit a cow's arse with a banjo?"

So in the interests of science I got the banjo out of its case, climbed over the fence and approached a cow. The first one ran away, (ok, wandered away) as I approached, so thinking I was scaring them I stood still for a bit and then I walked very slowly up to another one that has its arse pointing at me. Grabbing the banjo firmly by the neck I swung it towards the bovine posterior.

I'm not sure what happened next. I think the cow must have sensed me because it stepped forward. Also I was a bit scared as I thought it might kick me or turn round and head-butt me so I wasn't 100% committed to the swing. Anyway ... I missed and just sort of brushed its tail. Not wanting to try again i retreated.

So, hitting a cow's arse with a banjo. Not as easy as it sounds.

PS - It wasn't my banjo.

:lol:Don't feel too bad. I hear Luca Toni is still in the same field, swishing away.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I hope thats a true story - f***ing hilarious. Does the owner of said banjo know what you had planned for his (probably) beloved instrument?
100% true, I have witnesses - one of them being the owner of the banjo!. We were discussing it and I said wouldn't it be a laugh if someone tried to hit a cow's arse with your banjo, thinking he'd say "Don't you dare!". However he said "Go on then" so I had to go through with it but my heart wasn't really in it; which is why I wasn't fully committed to the blow.

In our defence we HAD been drinking.

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
Building a f***ing stadium in the Brighton & Hove conurbation

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Suduko Puzzles anytime before 11 in the morning!

John Bumlick

Banned
Apr 29, 2007
here hare here
They make it f***ing impossible

guess it depends which type you are on but, yeah, that was my experience. SSRIs are a total bitch in that respect.

of course, if you have a caring, loving girlfriend who's prepared to get really filthy to help you out a bit, it's not all bad. but, generally speaking, pounding one's semi-flaccid meat for hours on end is not the most heart warming of experiences.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Cracking one off while trying to stick your finger up your own arse.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Glen Murray staying onside

Putting a fresh duvet cover on when you're tripping :ohmy:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here