Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Signings on their way.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Have to accept that we will only know when the deal is (or deals are) done. Better than in previous years when we tell everyone and they come in with a higher bid.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Francis wouldnt suprise me, we need a right back, he was wanted by Brentford and wants to leave Southend, so is more than possible. Martinuccio is just a dream, i know its unlikely, but the thread on him a few days ago got me hopefull :lol:

I thought Francis had signed for someone ? sounds good if he hasnt.

I have it on good authority we dont pay more than 3k a week to players. 4k after bonuses.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
I thought Francis had signed for someone ? sounds good if he hasnt.

I have it on good authority we dont pay more than 3k a week to players. 4k after bonuses.

Brentford had a 150k bid accepted a couple of weeks back, but nothing seems to have come about from that so far.

The second half of your post is suprising, not sure if 3k a weeks enough to attract the players we will need to attain Championship football.

Who claimed 10m? Budget is up 10% so given we spent about 1m last summer thats 1.1m plus whatever Norwich paid up front for Crofts.

Someone on here posted a thread on it a couple of months ago and there may have even been an article on the supposed 10 million, I believed it was bollocks then and it is bollocks now, yet people still fell for it and were talking about signing bloody Gary Hooper.

Now the SAME people are backing Gus about signing non-league/lower league players as opposed to the ridiculous claims made at the end of last season/ into late may. The differing opinions on here are baffling, most just jump on the bandwagon or get splinters from sitting on the fence. These rumors are now starting to spur real names and concrete opinion's should be formed.

We NEED players better than what we have, not unproven non-league players FACT. If Gus signs them I will give them a chance yet others on here calling for them to be signed now wont so that's why we should just go for at least league players.

chinners

Aug 27, 2009
Brighton
there is no chance we get anyone on loan just yet its far tooo early so that would rule out lua lua

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
Chris Holroyd was an unproven non-league player who is.......still an unproven non-league player. Give him 300 games, he might get the odd goal like Mark Lawrenson I guess.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Someone on here posted a thread on it a couple of months ago and there may have even been an article on the supposed 10 million, I believed it was bollocks then and it is bollocks now, yet people still fell for it and were talking about signing bloody Gary Hooper.

Now the SAME people are backing Gus about signing non-league/lower league players as opposed to the ridiculous claims made at the end of last season/ into late may. The differing opinions on here are baffling, most just jump on the bandwagon or get splinters from sitting on the fence. These rumors are now starting to spur real names and concrete opinion's should be formed.

We NEED players better than what we have, not unproven non-league players FACT. If Gus signs them I will give them a chance yet others on here calling for them to be signed now wont so that's why we should just go for at least league players.

Where has Gus said that we are signing non-league and lower league players? All he has said is that he is hopeful of signing two or three players in the next few days and given no details of who they are. Why not wait until we have signed them (or even give them a chance to actually play for the club) before complaining.

Even if they are non league or lower league, just because our recent record with lower league players is crap, doesn't mean they will be rubbish. What would you have said if you were a Swindon fan when they signed Austin last summer? Peterborough are a classic example of a team built on non league players who have done well. Surely whoever we sign we should give them a chance and support them.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003

Whilst I agree with you I don't think we will be signing many if any unproven non-league players. Plus I think people sometimes put to much stock in individual players, obviously players matter, but I think people overlook the tactical side of the game to easily. Fully confident in Gus to be honest.

The Tassie Seagull

Dave Clarkson's Left Sock
Brentford had a 150k bid accepted a couple of weeks back, but nothing seems to have come about from that so far.

The second half of your post is suprising, not sure if 3k a weeks enough to attract the players we will need to attain Championship football.

I read that Francis had spoken to Brentford, but was doing a Calderon and waiting to see what else was out there before making a decision about his future.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM

I was suprised too, however its solid info i heard it directly from a senior figure at the club

nevergoagain

Jul 28, 2005
nowhere near Burgess Hill
Further coverage on this in todays Argus, general gist is at least 2 this week when Bloom & Ken Brown are back in the UK, even though Gus is on hols.

Does go onto say that he's finding it difficult to get players to form the spine of the team so is going to sign "The Rest".

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Further coverage on this in todays Argus, general gist is at least 2 this week when Bloom & Ken Brown are back in the UK, even though Gus is on hols.

Does go onto say that he's finding it difficult to get players to form the spine of the team so is going to sign "The Rest".

hmmmmm

not the best news really but at least with the squad players in place we will be able to focus directly on attracting the keystone/marquee signings we will need if we are to do well this season

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
I think we can only wait until August to see who turns up. Only then will we see whether Blooms and Gus ambition to get out of L1 is just words. Cos ambition costs money.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here