Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

SHUT UP about WHU tickets

FalmerforAll!**

NSC's Most Intelligent
Oct 26, 2005
Burgess Hill
I'll admit it is a disgrace the way this has been run,even though I did get a ticket.Those of you who have valid reasons to have missed out I would be just as angry as you,but if you're not an AM or STH you must've known you wouldn't get a ticket so give it a rest.

Barnham Seagull

Yapton Actually
Dec 28, 2005
Yapton
Without season ticket sales the club could not budget for the coming season as they know they will have a set figure to work with.

It is also much harder to pay up front, I for one put it on the mastercard and pay interest on it, it would be easyer for me and cheaper to pay on a match by match basis.

As a season ticket holder I am guaranteeing that I will go to every home game and pay to do so, so as by rights I am a top customer at the begining of every season I give them £1000 for two of us no matter how crap the season might be looking and as such feel that I should get first refusal on tickets.

I have no gripes with the staff at the coal face but the policies employed by this club let down those who put the most in and yes there are exceptions when some people without a ST may put a little bit more into the club but they are very few.

I have never had problems getting tickets for big games before the spurs game but the Playoff final arrangements were not that great.

I will not be re-newing next sext season unless the policy changes as it seems that I dont get much for showing my loyalty to the club, instead I will phone up each week and pick my ticket up at the ground as we dont fill it anyway. If 500 or so do the same it would have a big affect on playing budgets for next season.

DJ Leon

Aug 30, 2003
Hassocks
Barnham Seagull said:
I will not be re-newing next sext season unless the policy changes as it seems that I dont get much for showing my loyalty to the club, instead I will phone up each week and pick my ticket up at the ground as we dont fill it anyway. If 500 or so do the same it would have a big affect on playing budgets for next season.

This will generate MORE income for the club; they will be grateful.

Barnham Seagull

Yapton Actually
Dec 28, 2005
Yapton
You obviously dont get the concept of financial management and planning!

By STH paying up front they are able to plan budgets etc as they know there is a set income.

And as for making more money out of me, well I will infact be better off and when its pissing down when i look out the window 2 hours before kick off I might deside not go, so one they wont get my money though the gate and second I will not be buying the program and fish n chips I allways get.

DJ Leon

Aug 30, 2003
Hassocks
Barnham Seagull said:
You obviously dont get the concept of financial management and planning!

By STH paying up front they are able to plan budgets etc as they know there is a set income.

And as for making more money out of me, well I will infact be better off and when its pissing down when i look out the window 2 hours before kick off I might deside not go, so one they wont get my money though the gate and second I will not be buying the program and fish n chips I allways get.

I am obviously a dunderhead when it comes to anything financial! As you know the ins and outs - what kind of variance do you think the club get year on year on ST renewals and how has this affected our budgeting? (Presumably that bid for Ronaldinho is out the window now) Also - what do you think the club are most worried about at the moment? ST renewals or the lack of general ticket sales?

Halftime Oranges

Oct 22, 2003
Rottingdean
I've just found out that i've got a ticket as funds have cleared. Up till now i've been thinking how shit this policy is.
Keeping stubs from round 1and 2 then finding out that the jpt millwall game gives priority f***ing sucks. People like beach hut who is a very loyal supporter home and away has somehow not got a ticket. In the light of this i would be very surprised if he and many others not bother renewing st.

:angry:

Barnham Seagull

Yapton Actually
Dec 28, 2005
Yapton
Well if 500 did not renew the club would be £250'000 down on last season.

That would probably mean the wage budget and transfer budget being reduced.

Obviously this has happened this season with the suad getting smaller and most players being young and as such on lower wages. At present the youngsters are doing us proud but if a few leave or lose form the club would struggle big time to replace them and losing £250'000 from the budgets would certainly not improve things.

If the club had any brains they would give more incentives to become a STH increasing the ammount we have now guaranteeing bigger budgets at beginnings of seasons.

We lost quite a few STH this season and will probably lose more next season not a good sign for a club that wants more bums on seats and is fighting a legal battle at the same time.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Coach said:

The old boy who sits next to us has been assigned tickets and he posted his in, after the Swansea match!

We posted ours before the Swansea game..... no fookin tickets......................... in the home end now.. so the club can accept the blame if there is any scuffles in the albion dominated Dr martins upper. seats 270-290.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
DJ Leon said:
I am obviously a dunderhead when it comes to anything financial! As you know the ins and outs - what kind of variance do you think the club get year on year on ST renewals and how has this affected our budgeting? (Presumably that bid for Ronaldinho is out the window now) Also - what do you think the club are most worried about at the moment? ST renewals or the lack of general ticket sales?

Both.....ST renewals is money in the bank.......general ticket sales only,...... would be disastrous if the Goldstone was anything to go by.......If it rained hard or very cold weather, the gates dipped dramatically.......and that was with 3/4 of the ground covered...!!!

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I posted that I thought this was an unfair system a few weeks ago.

I think I've got a ticket, my brother handled the application.

All the "stop worrying you'll get a ticket if you apply early and a STH" is quite obviously bollocks.

I'm all in favour of non STH holders who regularly go to home and away getting a fair crack of the whip.

.. but there isn't a way of guaging that at the moment.

Sorry - I expect a few perks as a season ticket holder. Not a guarenteed ticket, but a better chance of getting one that someone who hasn't been since Cardiff.

I can't give you an example of that, but the system currently allows it and they'll be less "deserving" ticket holders there than Beachy.

He bloody well takes the whole family every week and has now got his wife a season ticket for the rest of the season.

He didn't get a West Ham - Is the system therefore fair ?

Of course it isn't.

.. and yes I've written to the club and suggested better ways of doing it, weeks ago.

I didn't agree with the change after Spurs, I felt it wasn't weighted enough towards fans who loyalty can be guaged.

I think that a system needs to be in place that records away members support, because regular away travellers (without STH) shouldn't miss out either.

Last edited:

The Auditor

Sep 30, 2004
Villiers Terrace
FalmerforAll!** said:
I'll admit it is a disgrace the way this has been run,even though I did get a ticket.Those of you who have valid reasons to have missed out I would be just as angry as you,but if you're not an AM or STH you must've known you wouldn't get a ticket so give it a rest.

Nice that someone understands the anger....Season ticket holder ...done eight away games this season ...application in Swansea bin....no tickets ..very pissed off ...no point renewing if there is no benefit ..the club had my money last March ( and for many years) and with out that and many like me there is no club ...
:angry: :censored:

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
The Auditor said:
Nice that someone understands the anger....Season ticket holder ...done eight away games this season ...application in Swansea bin....no tickets ..very pissed off ...no point renewing if there is no benefit ..the club had my money last March ( and for many years) and with out that and many like me there is no club ...

Which pretty much blows the theory away that STHs who didn't get one failed because they didn't apply on time.

I'm gutted for you.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
It's only a game. If I don't get one then so be it.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
dougdeep said:
It's only a game. If I don't get one then so be it.

I'd be the same to be honest.

I just don't the think the system is fair.

Someone who pays for his whole family to go (with season tickets), well it's far more than just a game.

They DESERVE tickets, don't they ?

jakes right boot

Jul 29, 2006
The Auditor said:

I said this to Coach and Beach Hut. I think one of the bins from Withdean got waylaid somehow.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Kids are so impatient these days, you can't always get what you want.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
jakes right boot said:
I said this to Coach and Beach Hut. I think one of the bins from Withdean got waylaid somehow.

I smell a rat here big time and have written to the club.

The club have not opened my application yet as they cannot confirm my wife's application for a 10 match season that was in the same envelope.

There are a load of unopened applications which will get an apology - something has gone very wrong here.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here