Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

SHUT UP about WHU tickets

junior

Dec 1, 2003
Didsbury, Manchester
hitony said:
I got ALL my 8 tickets via Earnest who is neither a STH or AMS, he just has LOADS of money and is in the know with the right people :lolol:

I got my Spurs tickets like that:D (although not from ernest).

Dont even know if ive got a WHU ticket yet,but if i havent im not going to come on here and f***ing moan about it for 3 months afterwards.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Jim in the West said:
I think the club has missed a trick in not amending the policy. And actually, IMHO, the original policy was wrong....whatever the climate, STHs should be rewarded with priority over all other applicants.

Ho hum.
Basically, I disagree.

This is my first post on the subject. One buys a season ticket in order to purchase all home games in advance. At no point during this transaction does the club promise to offer priority for over-subscribed games in the future. Thee 'reward' is supposedly to watch Albion games at a reduced price. The fact that we can now buy tickets far cheaper is beside the point.

You are basing your loyalty on ONE aspect of support - the season ticket. For me, the season ticket on its own has never been at the core of my support for the club, merely a token. I neither expect nor demand any favour from the club aside from the acknowledgement that I have paid for all of my home match entrances in advance. Support for the club is NOT just about attending all matches - it is FAR more than that, and buying 23 advance match tickets guarantees me nothing, aside from entry to 23 home matches.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
The Large One said:
Basically, I disagree.

In a nutshell you are saying that it should be first come first served then?

I'm not a STH, but I believe they should have preference purely for the fact that they guarantee the club income for every league game in advance of the season starting, therefore, the club should reward these people when these games come around and offer them first choice.

The only reason I can see for being a STH is that you get the same seat every home game, but even that can work against you if you are sat next to a numpty.

Jim in the West said:
At the risk of further prolonging what risks becoming a tedious debate, the real issue has to be the club's policy, not whether individuals have or haven't been succesful. In my view the policy is seriously flawed - but I say this with the club's interests at heart. Insider has stated on the "Ask the Club" section that the policy was set two years ago after complaints in the wake of the Spurs game. I wasn't aware of that, but that's probably because we hadn't won a cup game since until this season. Notwithstanding that, the club have actually just stuck to an agreed policy, which is a very defensible position.

However, two years ago we were in the Championship with every prospect of selling 5,000+ season tickets. The need to give something extra to STHs wasn't really there.

Now we are averaging around 5,500 for home games in a ground which takes just under 9,000. Falmer is still just as far away. In 2007/08 the club will desperately need to sell more Season Tickets. In this environment, STHs need to have a little bit more of an incentive to keep shelling out around £500 a year.

I think the club has missed a trick in not amending the policy.
And actually, IMHO, the original policy was wrong....whatever the climate, STHs should be rewarded with priority over all other applicants.

Ho hum.

This is my first post on the subject - and I agree with your sentiments. It's commercial suicide to let down season ticket holders in this manner (I think I have a ticket so this is a disinterested comment).

The club needs the review its policy and give a greater priority to season tickets holders, 65% or 70% of the allocation maybe.

I don't feel we will be making huge strides as a club until at least a few years the other side of Falmer, that'll be about 7 or 8 years you have to look after 4,000 people very well Dick Knight and Martin Perry, and I'm not convinced your current policy does that.

Windmill

Jul 6, 2003
Tadley, Nr Reading
If you want to go to a prestigious cup tie then book your seat for Ashton Gate. We've got more chance getting to Wembley that way.

Or are you more interested in the opposition than the Albion?

Just a thought.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
There are some completely twattish posts by people whinging about their lack of ticket in Ask the club.

Pathetic:nono:

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
tadley gull said:
If you want to go to a prestigious cup tie then book your seat for Ashton Gate. We've got more chance getting to Wembley that way.

Or are you more interested in the opposition than the Albion?

Just a thought.

How can you call Bristol City a prestigious tie?

If we get to the final we will all get a ticket anyway.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
London Irish said:
This is my first post on the subject - and I agree with your sentiments. It's commercial suicide to let down season ticket holders in this manner (I think I have a ticket so this is a disinterested comment).

The club needs the review its policy and give a greater priority to season tickets holders, 65% or 70% of the allocation maybe.

I don't feel we will be making huge strides as a club until at least a few years the other side of Falmer, that'll be about 7 or 8 years you have to look after 4,000 people very well Dick Knight and Martin Perry, and I'm not convinced your current policy does that.
I don't think it is commercial suicide. They are taking the wider view that they are looking after EVERYONE.

For a STH to not renew their season ticket purely on the back of not getting a ticket to West Ham is folly - it undermines the point of the ST, which as I said earlier, is to allow pre-paid entry to the 23 home games a season, not for the automatic right to first dibs on a plum tie. If the club want to make that a condition of the season ticket, they can, but that may well lead to far more problems than it will resolve.

I have been a STH since we moved to Withdean, and at no point have I ever considered myself a priority case on the issue of any high-profile matches.

Last edited:

Barnham Seagull

Yapton Actually
Dec 28, 2005
Yapton
It,s simple, for the first three days only season ticket holders should be able to purchase tickets after that it should be open to AMS members for a couple of days and then on open sale.

It,s so simple! At the moment it resembles some sort of public sector policy eg not logical and trying to be PC.

It looks like I wont be getting a ticket and as a season ticket holder and someone who goes to between 5-10 away games a season im pissed off. I did'nt get a spurs ticket either.

It seems that the club is so keen to sell the tickets as quickly as possible just to put the money in the bank at the expense of its most loyal and best customers, the playoff final for instance a free for all leaving the best customers with the worst seats and of course spurs.

I will be considering not getting a ST next season very carefully and I know of 4 others who are thinking the same.

Piss off loyal customers = commercial suiside!

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
London Irish said:

Likewise, my first post and agree with LI. This is a real kick in the teeth for those of us who go along every bloody week. If I were Coach I'd be livid too.

gollum

Dec 29, 2004
Please don't try to censor this board - after all this is what it;s here for - for people to express their opinions on issues relating to the club. This is such a big issue and so many people feel so strongly about it. This is why there are so many postings. But here's a simple answer for you - if you don't like it don't read the threads- you're obviously interested enough to look - so why complain? avoid the threads - simple. Anyway you seem to have had the opposite effect that you desired and encouraged more debate - well done!

junior said:
Could we please put an end to the threads about West Ham tickets on the Insider forum.

Its getting REALY,REALY,BORING!!!

People are just asking the same questions over and over again,which surley must be starting to piss 'Insider' off.

Could we not just say that anyone who needs info about WHU tickets should contact the club direct?

I cant believe there are still questions that need asking anyway,as everything seems to have been covered a thousand times over somewhere on here already.

RANT OVER:angry:
:lolol:

Last edited:

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
junior said:
Could we please put an end to the threads about West Ham tickets on the Insider forum.

Its getting REALY,REALY,BORING!!!

People are just asking the same questions over and over again,which surley must be starting to piss 'Insider' off.

Could we not just say that anyone who needs info about WHU tickets should contact the club direct?

I cant believe there are still questions that need asking anyway,as everything seems to have been covered a thousand times over somewhere on here already.

RANT OVER:angry:

Oooh....

Attachments

• handbags-red-fp200.jpg
    handbags-red-fp200.jpg
    14.1 KB · Views: 125

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
It is very difficult indeed.

There are so many angles you can look at.

1) STHs who pump money into the club at the start of the campaign.
2) Away attendees who live outside of Sussex and find it much easier to get to the away games.
3) Withdean floaters who are not STHs, yet go to the majority of the home games and pay over the odds compared to the Season ticket holder.

I don't envy the club in the slightest.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
It would have been much easier if the club just gave priority to people who went to the first two round matches, whether or not they were STH.

At times like these, certain STH give STH a bad name. Pathetic.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Barrel of Fun said:
It is very difficult indeed.

There are so many angles you can look at.

1) STHs who pump money into the club at the start of the campaign.
2) Away attendees who live outside of Sussex and find it much easier to get to the away games.
3) Withdean floaters who are not STHs, yet go to the majority of the home games and pay over the odds compared to the Season ticket holder.

I don't envy the club in the slightest.

Nail on the head there BOF, The club can't please everybody.

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
SAKE!

I posted my application for two AMS members on the first day of asking!

I didn't have this problem when I got my *Spurs tickets!!

*The last game I went to.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
London Irish said:

Correct. STHs should ALWAYS be looked after first and foremostly in my opinion.

TLO, I think becoming a STH is more than just getting cheap home tix. It's not as if season ticket holders get a 50% discount on ticket prices or anything. And the fact is, without STHs the club will be right in the shit - they should not be pissed off. I feel very sorry for coach.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here