Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

SHUT UP about WHU tickets

Kenhead

Oct 1, 2003
Brighton
I can't be arsed to read the whole thread, but my view is that if you wanted a ticket people should have put there applications in straight away. I can understand the who STH should be rewareded but it is an away game and all season tickets at all clubs only get priority for home games!

I stuck my application in straight away and included on there was someone who has only been to derby, QPR and cardiff play-off final since the 70's adn we got tickets because we were quick off the mark

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
Kenhead said:

I stuck my application in straight away and included on there was someone who has only been to derby, QPR and cardiff play-off final since the 70's adn we got tickets because we were quick off the mark
This explains it all.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Kenhead said:
I can't be arsed to read the whole thread, but my view is that if you wanted a ticket people should have put there applications in straight away. I can understand the who STH should be rewareded but it is an away game and all season tickets at all clubs only get priority for home games!

Well I could not do mine till the Swansea game and I am afraid Ken (as much as I like you) this pisses me off

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
I don't see what all the fuss is about, I didn't get a ticket because I arsed around and didn't send my application for three days. I'm disappointed but it's not the end of the world. Everyone knows that the club doesn't have the resources to record what games you go to so why make an issue of it.
We've got plenty of other good away days coming up, Bournemouth, Cheaterfield and a London piss up for Brentford, i'm sure all the superfans moaning on here are going to these games as well, so missing one game that we're going to lose won't kill them.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Billy the Fish said:
Everyone knows that the club doesn't have the resources to record what games you go to

Sorry to be pendantic but they do record that. The ticket system put in place after the Spurs game was based upon that information.

Whether they have the resources to do anything with that information is obviously another question.

Kenhead

Oct 1, 2003
Brighton
Beach Hut said:
Well I could not do mine till the Swansea game and I am afraid Ken (as much as I like you) this pisses me off

I put mine in on the swansea game aswell, and i can understand the frustraction of everyone who hasn't got a ticket (as someone that goes to 35+ games a season) and i fully agree the system is flawed and does show that a loyalty scheme should be put in place, but unfortunetly the current system has loop holes in it that i was lucky enought to expliote.

But at the end of the day it is only one match (yes a glamor one) but i believe tickets are still avalible in the west ham end....

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Kenhead said:
But at the end of the day it is only one match (yes a glamor one) but i believe tickets are still avalible in the west ham end....

Yes but we nearly had a kick off in B block with 3 Swansea fans and I refuse to go in an away end as it is not the right thing to do.

I want to celebrate when we score the winner !

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
clapham_gull said:
Sorry to be pendantic but they do record that. The ticket system put in place after the Spurs game was based upon that information.

Whether they have the resources to do anything with that information is obviously another question.
That's what I meant, but couldn't be arsed to type. They would need to devise and implement some kind of points scoring system for everyone on the database, and then every ticket for an away match would need to be bought via the club ticket office. That's alot of effort just to stop a few people moaning when we get a good cup draw once every two or three years.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Row Z Creased Shirt said:
I disagree with TLO re the importance of being a season ticket holder, for me priority for prominent games should be one of the perks of shelling out two months before the season has ended.
Maybe, but it never has been listed as a perk.

When it does, then I'll moan.

Last edited:

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Kenhead said:

Your last paragraph is precisely the reason why regular supporters who didn,t get tickets are so pissed off. A system, where someone who has been to THREE games since the 70,s gets a ticket.....people with Season Tickets etc etc....don,t. Utter, utter shambles by the club.......It,s this kind of amateur organisation by our club, that makes me seriously doubt that they are capable of delivering a new stadium, even if we are granted planning...!

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
The Large One said:
Maybe, but it never has been listed as a perk.

When it does, then I'll moan.

TLO I respect your opinion but try being in my house tonight - everyone is totally upset.

My two kids are devatasted and they both are STH.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Billy the Fish said:
That's what I meant, but couldn't be arsed to type. They would need to devise and implement some kind of points scoring system for everyone on the database, and then every ticket for an away match would need to be bought via the club ticket office. That's alot of effort just to stop a few people moaning when we get a good cup draw once every two or three years.

I'd slightly change the current system by dumping the away members scheme and converting it to a members scheme.

Issue a cheap plastic card with a name on and a number on it - including barcode.

Simply quote your number when buying a ticket which would also speed up ticket sales. Not actually that different to what happens now. I never have to give my card details when ringing up as a season ticket holder.

If you're buying tickets for someone else as well, be sure you quote their number. If not that's down to you.

A database records how many purchases you make which could possibly be extended to sales in the club shop. Again it's down to you to quote your number.

Non conpulsary for non STH home games, but if you join you get the incentive of having your loyalty recorded. Ok some away games are pay on the gate, but at least you get your homes games recorded to make up for it. *

Good for marketing purposes and you could have a monthly price draw as an incentive to join.

It takes a season to kick in, but the point is that ticket sales are organised on a points system.

Season ticket holders get guarenteed 60%, after that anyone over a certain amount of points (including season ticket holders) get the rest.

I wouldn't complain as a STH not getting a ticket against someone who been to loads of games home and away and regulary buys a shirt and a few for the kids (which I never do)

Now - I know these big games only come around one in a blue moon, but this information is useful and could be used in the meantime.

Last edited:

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Beach Hut said:
TLO I respect your opinion but try being in my house tonight - everyone is totally upset.

My two kids are devatasted and they both are STH.
I fully understand your household's guttedness.

But seeing as you are a resourceful person, I fully believe you will all be cheering out the Seagulls in the away end at Upton Park. I'm not intending to be facetious, I just somehow reckon it will all end up OK.

:)

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
The Large One said:
I fully understand your household's guttedness.

But seeing as you are a resourceful person, I fully believe you will all be cheering out the Seagulls in the away end at Upton Park. I'm not intending to be facetious, I just somehow reckon it will all end up OK.

:)

Hope so, every angle is being covered - if you know who has spares then please tell me

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
The Large One said:
:thumbsup: Will do.

PM me your mobile number.

Have tried but you have a large box that is full :ohmy:

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Of course, I suppose it,s impossible to believe, that because beach hut requested 5 tickets sitting together, that the ticket office, in their infinite wisdom, couldn,t find 5 available seats together, so just put them to the bottom of the pile....? Very odd, seeing as that he applied at the Swansea game.....and to the best of my knowledge, my application went in AFTER that game....yet apparently I have a ticket...! please feel free to quote me on that Beachy when writing in. I believe it,s been suggested on other threads that people were handing them in by hand on Wednesday morning and they got tickets.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Rest assured Colin ours was handed in at the Swansea game.

I have rarely felt so pissed offf as this.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Totally understand how you feel in the beach hut household....will be ringing round tomorrow to see if anyone knows anyone who has spares....5 will be a big ask tho...

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
cjd said:
Totally understand how you feel in the beach hut household....will be ringing round tomorrow to see if anyone knows anyone who has spares....5 will be a big ask tho...

Thanks I live in the eternal optimism that the club will sort this out but any help is appreciated.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here