Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

SHUT UP about WHU tickets

Mrs Coach

aka Jesus H. Woman
Father in law - been going since he was a kid and a season ticket holder. Mr Coach - going since he was three - and been a season ticket holder. Lil Coach been going since he was three and a season ticket holder.

Not to give them tickets, and give some to someone who went along to Millwall, maybe their only trip of the year? A right f***ing kick in the teeth. Pardon my French, I'm usually the voice of reason but this really PISSES ME OFF.

I've heard over 100 season ticket holders who put in at Swansea have been let down. Not all of them post on here - but I expect they'll be saying thank you (or not) to the club via their pockets.

It's about valuing your loyal supporters. Not pissing them off.

Mrs Coach.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
We have not been allocated tickets either so West Ham away end it is.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Coach said:

Mrs Coach.

:clap: :clap:

The club is a joke on loyalty

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Coach said:
Father in law - been going since he was a kid and a season ticket holder. Mr Coach - going since he was three - and been a season ticket holder. Lil Coach been going since he was three and a season ticket holder.

Not to give them tickets, and give some to someone who went along to Millwall, maybe their only trip of the year? A right f***ing kick in the teeth. Pardon my French, I'm usually the voice of reason but this really PISSES ME OFF.

I've heard over 100 season ticket holders who put in at Swansea have been let down. Not all of them post on here - but I expect they'll be saying thank you (or not) to the club via their pockets.

Mrs Coach.

I think most of us here on NSC know that Beach Hut and Coach and a couple of others who are SERIOUSLY disappointed, are really good supporters of the Albion.There will always be tickets going spare for one reason or another in the next week or so......would it be a good idea that if anyone hears of tickets being available, that they PM Beach Hut , Coach etc asap, rather than put them on the Big Board for a general free for-all....????

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Ernest said:
Not when they want your season ticket renewal in March or when they want you to help fill the black hole :angry: :angry: :angry:

Yes I may think twice about the £1200 they will want.

Mrs Coach

aka Jesus H. Woman
cjd said:
I think most of us here on NSC know that Beach Hut and Coach and a couple of others who are SERIOUSLY disappointed, are really good supporters of the Albion.There will always be tickets going spare for one reason or another in the next week or so......would it be a good idea that if anyone hears of tickets being available, that they PM Beach Hut , Coach etc asap, rather than put them on the Big Board for a general free for-all....????

Thank you for understanding.
x

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
Coach said:
Thank you for understanding.
x
You and all other STH who didn't get a ticket have my sympathy. There were enough tickets for every STH and every attender of FA Cup Rounds 1 and 2 to have a ticket.

Two years ago I had to sit among the Spurs fans despite me being STH and going to nearly every away game that season.

The AMS is unfair. Nobody wanted it when Perry brought it in. Now Perry weights everything unfairly in favour of the AMS to keep up his credibility with our more vociferous fans who aren't STH. As for the myth that most of our keenest away fans aren't STH that is a blatant lie.

Good luck to you and all other loyal fans trying to get tickets.

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
mona said:

The AMS is unfair. Nobody wanted it when Perry brought it in. Now Perry weights everything unfairly in favour of the AMS to keep up his credibility with our more vociferous fans who aren't STH. As for the myth that most of our keenest away fans aren't STH that is a blatant lie.

I'm sorry but that is tripe. I know twenty people at least who are regular Away game attendee's and not STH. And thats only the people I know.

Mrs Coach

aka Jesus H. Woman
mona said:
You and all other STH who didn't get a ticket have my sympathy. There were enough tickets for every STH and every attender of FA Cup Rounds 1 and 2 to have a ticket.

Two years ago I had to sit among the Spurs fans despite me being STH and going to nearly every away game that season.

Thank you for understanding our frustration.

If season ticket holders have missed out, then I think that is wrong. It is standard practice at every football club for STH to get priority I really cannot see why people have a problem with this. With 5,000+ tickets there were enough for every STH, and none who wanted to go should miss out.

I disagree with TLO re the importance of being a season ticket holder, for me priority for prominent games should be one of the perks of shelling out two months before the season has ended.

Normally I don't have too much time for the I haven't got a ticket moaners, as normally if you put the application in on time you will get a ticket. But this time this does not appear to be the case.

I think all the bleating re the Millwall kind of misses the point, the big issue is that 50per cent of the tickets are set aside for AMS members, some of whom may or may not watch the Albion on a regular basis.

I hate to be brutal but if you can't be arsed, or are unfortunate enough not be able, to get to withdean to support the boys week in week out then I'm afraid you should get behind those that do in the queue. If there are any left after preferential treatment then you get your chance.

I feel for the club, as they are trying to please everyone, what ever they decide they will get stick for it. It's time they got slightly more hard nosed about it and put the STH first, that is the universally accepted way of doing things in football and I do not see why we should be any different.

Last edited:

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes
There is also the question of the 'floating' support. What if Millwall happened to be the only game you could get because of work commitments - and you can't be a season ticket holder for the same reason? Does that make you any less of a fan than the STH? Open to opinion.

Everybody has debated on here about our 'floating' support, and the fact that we can't attract new fans to the club - hence the 5,500 attendances at home games. What a fantastic opportunity to re-ignite support by letting some of the 'other' fans see our team.

It's a tricky one - but saying the club is useless, and that we are shit at loyalty is way too harsh. They are trying to reach out to the wider Sussex community - and include EVERYONE, not just our STH. I am one, by the way, and I for one would hope that this mess may be worth it if we start to see higher attendances at home games, sorry though I am for those STH's who haven't been able to secure a ticket this time.

Hannibal smith

Jul 7, 2003
Kenilworth
Row Z Creased Shirt said:

I feel for the club, as they are trying to please everyone, what ever they decide they will get stick for it. It's time they got slightly more hard nosed about it and put the STH first, that is the universally accepted way of doing things in football and I do not see why we should be any different.

I put this to the test yesterday. I went on the Arsenal and Liverpool website to see how they allocate tickets.

For a big away game for Liverpool the order for priority was (1) ST holders with 6 away game (2) ST holders with 4 away games and (3) ST Holders. Arsenal was similar (a Gold, Silver and Red ticket allocation). A couple of friends of mine, A Forest fan and a Leciester fan both said that ST holders had 3 days priority for tickets before they went on general sale. Albion is certainly in the minority on its allocation scheme.

If the club gave preference to ST holders and regular away travellers there would be enough tickets for MOST of the regulars. I can't see how it is in any way fair that someone who has paid a tenner for an away membership and last went to the Spurs game has as much chance as getting lucky as someone who has bought an ST for 10 years. I'm bemused that a professional organisation is so poor at this kind of thing. There have been at least 5 suggestions on here that were more sensible than anything the club has ever come up with.

For info, I'm not an ST Holder and I've got a ticket.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Seagull73 said:
There is also the question of the 'floating' support. What if Millwall happened to be the only game you could get because of work commitments - and you can't be a season ticket holder for the same reason? Does that make you any less of a fan than the STH? Open to opinion.

Everybody has debated on here about our 'floating' support, and the fact that we can't attract new fans to the club - hence the 5,500 attendances at home games. What a fantastic opportunity to re-ignite support by letting some of the 'other' fans see our team.

It's a tricky one - but saying the club is useless, and that we are shit at loyalty is way too harsh. They are trying to reach out to the wider Sussex community - and include EVERYONE, not just our STH. I am one, by the way, and I for one would hope that this mess may be worth it if we start to see higher attendances at home games, sorry though I am for those STH's who haven't been able to secure a ticket this time.

Respect your thoughts on this, but after the "Cardiff" game (5000 supporters, 25000 admirers) and the "Spurs" game, we just have to accept, that "admirers" will only go to the big games, while the "supporters" (5500 at Withdean and possibly 200 or so who only , regularly go to away games) will be there, rain or shine.......

DJ Leon

Aug 30, 2003
Hassocks
FalmerforAll!** said:
STH are the people who pump £500 odd into the club

Away Members are people who keep the team going when they're 2-0 down to Yeovil

I am not a STH and will spend more than £500 on the club this year. I am therefore a better fan than most STHs and deserve a prioity ticket.

Right?

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
DJ Leon said:
I am not a STH and will spend more than £500 on the club this year. I am therefore a better fan than most STHs and deserve a prioity ticket.

Right?

How are you putting £500 into the club then?

Im not a STH, have a WH ticket but still; think STH's should get priority, they keep the club alive.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Re: Re: SHUT UP about WHU tickets

Bakesy said:
Yeah.......those that go, great, have a good day , make plenty of noise and be a credit to our club.Those that don't......just Get over it, ffs.

Sorry but I have an opinion and will say what I like.

I have PMd insider about this as it is a disgrace

jakes right boot

Jul 29, 2006
DJ Leon said:

Right?

No.

DJ Leon

Aug 30, 2003
Hassocks
23 home games, 3 cup ties. Attend 20 games @ approx. £25 a pop = £500.

Buy ticket for the old man when he's in the country and able to attend. 6 tickets @ £25 = £150.

Spend approx £150 in the club shop.

Income to the club from ME - £800. I give more to the club than others. I'm better than them. I should have prioirity.

I'm obviously being facetious, but my argument is that STHs are vital (of course they are) but just because you buy discounted tickets in advance doesn't mean you should get priority, others contribute too.

If you think it is ALL about financial contribution, let's do it properly. Measure it by the £. We could ensure that STHs that apply late and forego discount get priority over those that take advantage of early application and the discount involved.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here