Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Should the supporters bar be called Dick's Bar?

What should the supporters bar be called?

• Dick's Bar

Votes: 100 61.0%
  • Harry's Bar

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Knight's Bar

Votes: 40 24.4%
  • Something else (please state)

Votes: 23 14.0%

• Total voters

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
dammit , an opportunity missed :(

bplogo.gif

Aristotle

Mar 18, 2008
Edinburgh
Let's think, who should we care more about? The man who almost single handedly saved our club, or a few spotty oiks sniggering in the away end at a frankly rather pathetic attempt to generate sexual innuendo?

I couldn't give a flying f*** if anyone outside the club (or inside for that matter) wants to have a go at the name of the bar - it's called Dick's bar and that is that. The most embarassing thing about the whole episode is that some of the club's own supporters can be so disrespectful in moaning and complaining about it.

Where would you rather be? The BSP? Or watching Crawley because that's the only club left in Sussex?

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
"Dear Mr Knight, I know you saved the club and all that, but your name sounds gay so we'd rather not use it as a name for the bar"

FFS :facepalm:

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Put me down for someone who doesn't think it's a particuarly good name, but certainly isn't bothered enough to want it changed. If you were going for the humour, 'Blue Oyster Bar' is much funnier.

I do find it hard to believe that Knight, who has worked in advertising, wouldn't realise how it would be seen by some. All the people I know in advertising spend their whole day cracking crap knob gags.

I'd rather his name was on a bar than a stand anyway, which is the height of vanity for chairmen, past or present. 'Dick's Stand' would arguably have been worse, for various reasons.

Soul Finger

May 12, 2004
What a disappointing thread.

Enjoyed a few lunches at Dick's recently and it's a cracking little spot.

What's in a name?

I'm glad I'm not an Arsenal fan.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here