Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Should the supporters bar be called Dick's Bar?

What should the supporters bar be called?

• Dick's Bar

Votes: 100 61.0%
  • Harry's Bar

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Knight's Bar

Votes: 40 24.4%
  • Something else (please state)

Votes: 23 14.0%

• Total voters

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Some people should probably go and support another team. I can't believe a bunch of 'adults' are worried about the tounge in cheek name of our supporters bar.........

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
I have been a Dick for years. Sometimes Dicky, mostly with affection, occasionally suggesting I had made a silly error, never as far as I know with a penis reference. ( Apart from the odd retort from the ex Mrs Skipper.)
My Mum didn't like it, she preferred people to call me by the name Richard that I had been christened with, but that's just Mums.
When skiing in Val d'isere the most popular bar is Dick's T Bar, 99.9% of people in the ski resort don't appear to think there is any shame in being seen drinking in there.
It's also insulting to Mr. Knight that the name that he chose is not good enough for some of the more sensitive of fans.

D

Deleted member 2719

Very interesting that as far as I am aware nothing has been named after the man that has spunked £100million on the thing? unless there is a Tony's Bar somewhere still to be discovered?!

I agree a Blooms Bar sounds far better to me it's not the embarrassment it's the fact it really is a shit name for a bar in a state of the art stadium.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Harrys Bar?

[yt]QdxyPYVBh5I[/yt]

honestly , the whole Dicks Bar stuff = do we not get ripped apart enough?

Brownstuff

Feb 21, 2009
Hove
Of course it should be called Dick's Bar
It's only a bar and people won't give a shit what it is called as long as they get served
That is where the problem will lie as it will be a very long wait to get served
It will give away fans something to talk about, Knight's Bar would not be memorable

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
I don't think it's a great name, not because of the gay or whatever, or anything against Dick Knight.

But I don't really care either.

:)

Mr Smggles

May 11, 2009
Winchester
Just wondering, whats are the "against Dick's Bar"'s views on the "you're too ugly to be gay" chant?

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Just wondering, whats are the "against Dick's Bar"'s views on the "you're too ugly to be gay" chant?
I think it's a a great chant. It's usually a riposte to "Does your boyfriend know you're here?" and is useful for defusing and deflecting some of the gay-centric chanting that opposition fans throw at us.

Mr Smggles

May 11, 2009
Winchester
I think it's a a great chant. It's usually a riposte to "Does your boyfriend know you're here?" and is useful for defusing and deflecting some of the gay-centric chanting that opposition fans throw at us.

so if you dont have a problem with the chant, whats wrong with the name?

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
judging by the signage, i thought it was called pricks bar

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
Very interesting that as far as I am aware nothing has been named after the man that has spunked £100million on the thing? unless there is a Tony's Bar somewhere still to be discovered?!

i think bloom is far too shunning of the limelight to want any of that heaped upon him

Rich Suvner

Skint years RIP
Jul 17, 2003
Worthing
so those of us in disagreement with the name are pathetic, sad, homophobic, childish and insecure?

and hypocrites if we ridicule away fans for their bigotry?

OR, we simply think the bar could have a better name. and would prefer the tribute to Dick Knight to be universally loved.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
so those of us in disagreement with the name are pathetic, sad, homophobic, childish and insecure?

and hypocrites if we ridicule away fans for their bigotry?

OR, we simply think the bar could have a better name. and would prefer the tribute to Dick Knight to be universally loved.

In your case, sweet cheeks, I'll settle for 'embarrassed'. Your phrase. :kiss:

Of course, you're free to write to Dick and ask him to change his choice of bar name.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here