Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Should the supporters bar be called Dick's Bar?

What should the supporters bar be called?

• Dick's Bar

Votes: 100 61.0%
  • Harry's Bar

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Knight's Bar

Votes: 40 24.4%
  • Something else (please state)

Votes: 23 14.0%

• Total voters

Davemania

Jul 11, 2011
Uckfield
Basically, no. It is an oversight by the management. BHA fans have to put up with enough quips about gays without having the supporters bar called Dicks' Bar. Its not a really important issue but just call it something different and sensible. I love Dick Knight, what a guy he has been for this club, i personally wanted a stand named after him. Stand = yes, dicks bar = change it right away please before the start of the season

Nov 2, 2008
Running BN1
I know. You've said that already.

What I'm asking is - why should it bother you?

"Where are you going after the game?"
"I'll see if I can get into Dick's Bar if it's not too busy..."
"OK, see you there..."

Hilarious.

It is f***ing hilarious hahaha when i just read that off to dick's bar.
Dick is taking the f***ing piss here

SACK HIM

Davemania

Jul 11, 2011
Uckfield
Dick's bar = unbelievable, some people are really out of the loop here

Davemania

Jul 11, 2011
Uckfield
It's just an unbelievably ridiculous name to call a bar considering the conotations, its not the end of the world, its just dumb

Jul 20, 2003
I for one will never even get on a train that passes through Falmer, let alone go anywhere nearer the ground itself until this diabolical travesty is dealt with

I suggest "Matcho Man Bar" as it's a nice pun on football and is more in tune with my rampant heterosexuality

will there be disco?

Jul 20, 2003
even thinking the existence of Dick's Bar is making me want to stop reading the Daily Mail

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I voted 'something else' because despite TLO's protestations it IS a slightly unfortunate name, but ultimately if The Great Man himself chose it then that's good enough for me. Perhaps I might have called it 'The Dick Knight Bar' or the 'Knight Club' as opposed to the Fudgepackers Arms, as that would have let everybody know the reason for the name.

However it's no biggie (phnarr!) and providing I can get in I'll see you all in there for a couple of stiff ones. (I'll get bored with all these childish knob gags soon I hope).

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Oh. My. Word. People actually have a problem with it? I thought that was just some sort of elaborate joke.

Dick's bar it is, I don't give a shit what it's called.

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
Some of you need to grow up.

It's a bloke's name, that's all.

Very cheap and childish to read anything else into it and to be worried about it because of what equally cheap and childish opposition fans might say.

Are you going to stand there with a beer in your hand looking at the name and fretting?

bazbha

Mar 18, 2011
Hailsham
Surely something along the lines of Knights Bar as the original poster suggests is the obvious name. Shows the gratitude & respect that was originally intended when the bar was named without giving opposition fans more ammunition.

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
Well the visiting supporters think we're all gay and I'm sure our bearded saviour thinks that more than a few people that will drink in the bar are "dicks" so it's a bit of marketing and pr genius. Ernest, will Dick's ever be used for the ARS?

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Don't see the problem personally. It's actually quite amusing, people need to grow up and stop fretting about what other fans think.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here