Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
Second time in two years, 10 point deduction

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
In equally shocking and unexpected news, I have heard from a source of mine (who I can't name, obviously) that the Pope is a Catholic.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Sadly, a situation that deserves no sympathy. They even received their parachute payment early from the Prem... where is it? In the seized bank account? Is that what turned them to Administration? To get their grubby hands on it and spunk it on more players and wages? Hope they get relegated. They seriously need to start again.

Mints

Banned
May 24, 2011
Be more than 10 pts this time won't it?

No, 10 points is the fixed penalty for entering administration.

Clubs who have been given greater deductions did not come out of administration with a CVA (I think). If 75% of the creditors agree the settlement (if there is one), then there is no further deduction.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
Apparently in court the HMRC asked for the points deduction to be doubled, although they have no real say.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Well you'd hope so.

Clearly the 10pt deduction last time wasn't sufficient incentive for them to get things straight.

They were given a 9 points deduction when they were in the Premier League and subsequently relegated , the FL decided not to give them a 10 points deduction for not exiting the CVA on time so wouldn't be surprised if that is now added on to make it a 20 points jobbie.

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton

Clubs who have been given greater deductions did not come out of administration with a CVA (I think). If 75% of the creditors agree the settlement (if there is one), then there is no further deduction.

Can the FA/Football League not bring a harsher penalty for entering administration twice in such a short amount of time? Surely they have some discretionary power?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town

Not entirely certain but I think Pompey missed the date to exit the CVA.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Id say a 15 point deduction is fair, leaves them on 20 points, at the moment 11 points from safety. BBC Sport say that they may be deducted up to 20 points.

Can the club EVER get out of the shit ? Sounds harsh but the only real choices the club have is to get a new owner (but who will want to buy the club) or be wound-up.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Can the FA/Football League not bring a harsher penalty for entering administration twice in such a short amount of time? Surely they have some discretionary power?

If 8 or more of the 72 FL clubs propose a motion then the FL has to call an EGM to discuss and vote on the proposition.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
"It also emerged electricity and gas suppliers have been threatening to cut off power to the club's Fratton Park stadium for non-payment."

Kevin1024

Jan 15, 2012
10 pts in never enough they are still not in the relgation zone. The penalty should be a 1 division relegation from whee you end up that season. So if you get relegated for real it would be a two division drop.

Smythe

Oct 8, 2008
Brightonian in Manchester
their last 10 point deduction was in the premier league, this one is in the championship, the point deduction now would be more if both administrations had been in the same league apparently. Shame really....be nice to see them virtually relegated today, shame they cant take the scum from Millwall down with them!!!!

Sadly, we all saw it coming a mile off and some time ago.

What did amaze me was that following their last debacle they saw fit to sign players on 10-20k per week (i.e Lawrence & Kitson) thus showing they'd learnt absolutely nothing from the last time.

I've a bit of sympathy for their lifelong fans; but as a club not a bit.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here