Shocking unpredictable news - Pompey in administration again

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
i feel for the pompey fans here, they just keep getting shafted by shit owners that dont give a hoot about the club, one thing you can say about Pompey fans is they support there team through thick and thin, just last saturday they took a hell of a lot to Balckpool, knowing this was happening this week.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
i feel for the pompey fans here, they just keep getting shafted by shit owners that dont give a hoot about the club, one thing you can say about Pompey fans is they support there team through thick and thin, just last saturday they took a hell of a lot to Balckpool, knowing this was happening this week.

Gates down to 12k (home fans) this season. Not many making a stand to the problems.

I'd say they are not all that.

After their visit to the Amex lets see if you still think their fans are great.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
How anybody can feel sorry for pompey is beyond belief,they somehow seem to be getting away with things lightly and its a shambles,time they folded as they just don't learn.

How on earth are they paying for the policing?no police no matches surely.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
Gates down to 12k (home fans) this season. Not many making a stand to the problems.

I'd say they are not all that.

After their visit to the Amex lets see if you still think their fans are great.

I didnt say great!! I just think when this happens its the fans that suffer time and time again, they could have got 20k to each game and that money would have just been eaten up by the owners, they would still not have paid the tax bill or players

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Half of whom would have been day trippers going just in case it turned out to be their last game, so they could say "I was there".

Why do you feel sorry for their fans, out of interest? The absolute WORST that has happened to them throughout this whole shameful episode is that they support a team that's currently in the bottom half of the Championship. BIG DEAL. Is that so bad? They might get relegated...again, so what, so might Coventry, Doncaster, Forest, Chesterfield, Wycombe Wanderers, Dagenham & Redbridge etc etc, and I don't see anyone blubbering about their respective plights.

What would Rochdale, or Accrington, or Yeovil fans, for example, give to be in Pompey's "terrible" position? In the Championship, having been to the FA Cup final twice in the last five years or so? They'd happily swap, I'd wager, as would bigger clubs like Sheffield Wednesday. Pompey won't go bust, we all know football clubs rarely do, so let's stop pretending Pompey's fans are actually suffering in any real sense, and let their club get on with sorting out the mess they, and they alone created through greed and, in all honesty, cheating.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
Half of whom would have been day trippers going just in case it turned out to be their last game, so they could say "I was there".

Why do you feel sorry for their fans, out of interest? The absolute WORST that has happened to them throughout this whole shameful episode is that they support a team that's currently in the bottom half of the Championship. BIG DEAL. Is that so bad? They might get relegated...again, so what, so might Coventry, Doncaster, Forest, Chesterfield, Wycombe Wanderers, Dagenham & Redbridge etc etc, and I don't see anyone blubbering about their respective plights.

What would Rochdale, or Accrington, or Yeovil fans, for example, give to be in Pompey's "terrible" position? In the Championship, having been to the FA Cup final twice in the last five years or so? They'd happily swap, I'd wager, as would bigger clubs like Sheffield Wednesday. Pompey won't go bust, we all know football clubs rarely do, so let's stop pretending Pompey's fans are actually suffering in any real sense, and let their club get on with sorting out the mess they, and they alone created through greed and, in all honesty, cheating.

ive been well and truly told there!

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
ive been well and truly told there!

Haha, didn't mean to be in your face, I just think there's a bit of a myth that their fans have actually suffered in any true sense as a result of all this :)

If they hadn't been so f***ing arrogant when they cheated their way to the greedy league and the cup by not paying their taxes then I would agree. As it is, pompey fans are one of the VERY few sets of fans I will have any sympathy for as and when they finally lose their club.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Who owns the ground now? Could be another Goldstone situation.
I might get this wrong, but the jist is 100% right.

The owner 3 back owned all things Pompey.
When he went tits up he was bailed to the tune of £17m, against Fratton Park.
£17m man now owns FPark, but has no interest in 'the club'.
3 back still owns the surrounding land.
Most recent man only owned the name, and day to day debt, but no assets against that.

To buy the whole club, all 3 'owners' would have to be bought out.

As the first 2 are sitting on a sizeable chunk of Portsmouth real estate, that seems unlikely.

Last edited:

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom
Actually I did think this administration wouldn't be approved and the winding-up petition would be heard on Monday, so from that perspective, I am a little surprised. Not shocked though!

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
If they hadn't been so f***ing arrogant when they cheated their way to the greedy league and the cup by not paying their taxes then I would agree. As it is, pompey fans are one of the VERY few sets of fans I will have any sympathy for as and when they finally lose their club.

But that was the club not the fans, as fans would be the same arrogant nature if we had one the FA Cup?

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
Haha, didn't mean to be in your face, I just think there's a bit of a myth that their fans have actually suffered in any true sense as a result of all this :)

thats cool Im joking, you made some really good points that perhaps I didnt think about fully.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Heard on the Radio 1 news earlier that fans are already looking into starting a new club in the lower leagues so they obviously think its the end of the current Portsmouth FC.

Spiros

Jul 9, 2003
Too far from the sun
Where were the protests from these 'fans' when Pompey refused to sell several millions of pounds worth of players during the transfer window? Money which could have been used to pay of some of the debts to HMRC and others. If there were any I didn't see them.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
And it looks like Andronikou is out. According to Robyn at TalkSport, some guy called Trevor Birch has been appointed the Administrator.

I wonder if that'll make any difference?

He's the taxman's preferred choice of administrator according to ssn.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Who owns the ground now? Could be another Goldstone situation.

I might get this wrong, but the jist is 100% right.

The owner 3 back owned all things Pompey.
When he went tits up he was bailed to the tune of £17m, against Fratton Park.
£17m man now owns FPark, but has no interest in 'the club'.
3 back still owns the surrounding land.
Most recent man only owned the name, and day to day debt, but no assets against that.

To buy the whole club, all 3 'owners' would have to be bought out.

As the first 2 are sitting on a sizeable chunk of Portsmouth real estate, that seems unlikely.
Thinking about it, the only connection to The Goldstone, would be that the land's value far out weighs the clubs debts.
The difference being, it's legally owned by these individuals for them to do as they please.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here