Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Shit Films

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
pasty said:
Sixth Sense. About two minutes in, my (then) girlfirend at the time and I both looked at each other and said "he's the ghost". End of film.

I thought exactly that the first time I saw it. However, I watched it a second time not weighed down by the blindingly obvious fact that you've realised the "unexpected twist" that others incredibly managed to miss, and I found I enjoyed it a whole lot more...

Last edited:

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
You two are lucky - the ONLY thing I knew about the Sixth Sense before I saw it was that Bruce Willis was the ghost. Still thought it was good though, I liked the one about the comics as well, although no-one else seemed to.

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
Man of Harveys said:
You two are lucky - the ONLY thing I knew about the Sixth Sense before I saw it was that Bruce Willis was the ghost. Still thought it was good though, I liked the one about the comics as well, although no-one else seemed to.

I think Unbreakable was his best effort.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
The Ladykillers (2004) starring Tom Hanks is by far the worst film I have ever seen at a cinema.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Trufflehound said:
Not just shit. Shit with knobs on.

And a knob in the leading role.

Why, Oh why do these big named directors/producers have to ruin a perfect book? I should have resisted and left it at the book. It has ruined it for me! :angry:

Last edited:

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
Barrel of Fun said:
Why, Oh why do these big named directors/producers have to ruin a perfect book? I should have resisted and left it at the book. It has ruined it for me! :angry:

Which reminds me. Another truly wonderful book ruined:

The Cider House Rules.

My favourite book of all time. One of the worst films of the last 10 years.

bristolseagull

Jul 5, 2003
Lindfield
Moshe Gariani said:
The Ladykillers (2004) starring Tom Hanks is by far the worst film I have ever seen at a cinema.

Great original though.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
malcolm prescott said:
OPEN WATER............abslute shit the only film I have ever wished the fish would get on with eating the stars......and the only film I asked for my money back.............did not get it:down:

A great film. Loved it. Having dived on the Barrier Reef myself I could totally relate to it.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
bristolseagull said:
Great original though.
Agreed. All Ealing comedies are ze bollocks of ze dog, as is Ealing's Scott Of The Antarctic and that bloody good horror film they did, the one in different sections. The bit where the bloke sees a different, older room behind him when he looks in the mirror is a great scary premise.

Parson Henry

Jan 6, 2004
Victor Bhanerjee's notebook
Man of Harveys said:
Agreed. All Ealing comedies are ze bollocks of ze dog, as is Ealing's Scott Of The Antarctic and that bloody good horror film they did, the one in different sections. The bit where the bloke sees a different, older room behind him when he looks in the mirror is a great scary premise.

I absolutely love the old Universal Horror Films..Franky, The Wolfman, The Mummy and of course, Drac.

The Orange Seagull

Time Traveller
Jul 8, 2004
Stuck in the 80's
Blair Witch Project-What a pile of over hyped sh*t that was,sat through the whole film waiting for something remotely scary to happen then it finished......complete sh*t.

Also must include Big Fat Greek Wedding(or something like that).....complete and utter toss.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
SWAT was incredibly shit. I didn't know what the hell Samue L 'God' Jackson was doing in it until he made Snakes on a Plane and everyone realized he needs the money like the rest of us.

I actually fell asleep through Gladiator - determined to retry I watched it again and ended up reading a book halfway through.

And any film that attempts to be historical without actually being i.e.

Titanic - gee the ship sinks
Pearl Harbour - gee the harbour gets bombed
Braveheart - most factually inaccurate film ever made and with an Aussie/American as a Scotsman - so bad I walked out.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
The Large One said:
Cool Runnings
Earth Girls Are Easy
Titanic
Disclosure

TLO is that meant to be a joke Cool Runnings ???

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Extraordinary how some people see films differently, how anyone can say Gladiator is a shit film is totally beyond me.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here