Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Shit Films

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
or Cool Runnings come to that, that is a total travesty and frankly a disgrace that TLO should be thoroughly ashamed about.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Watch it and then slag it off. It is a great crafted film with a wonderful story, great cinematography and a great turn by Peter O Toole, a real good old fashioned smashing film that they don't make any more, funny, sad, heart warming, great music. I rate it very highly indeed and I am not ashamed to say so.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Uncle Spielberg said:
TLO is that meant to be a joke Cool Runnings ???
Not at all. It's a truly appalling film. I find it difficult to express how nauseating it is, so I am going to quote from the Time Out Film Guide, as they sum it up for me perfectly.

Perhaps the only thing less likely than a Jamaican bobsled team is a Hollywood film inspired by a true story of the crew that competed in the 1988 Winter Olympics. Not that this stick closely to the facts: instead, it's another Rocky-style sports movie about the underdogs who achieve public recognition and self-respect. Travelogue shots of happy Jamaicans dancing in the sun give way to patronising comedy as slobbish ex-coach John Candy is cajoled in teaching four novices. The missing ingredients are snow and ice, but there's plenty of this when the scene shifts to Canada. In his prime, co-writer Michael Ritchie might have turned this into a caustic Downhill Racer or Bad News Bears-style critique of professional sporting values. Director Turteltaub, on ther other hand, patronises both characters and audience with daft knockabout humour, tear-jerking sentiment and racial stereoptyping which skates on very thin ice.

Quite.

However, seeing as you have an extremely high tolerance threshold when it comes to quality, Glover, I am not surprised you like it.

Last edited:

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Someone PM Chapmans the Saviour about all this please :eek: :nono:

Charles 'Charley' Charles

NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2005
The Mile Of Oaks
Eyes Wide Shut - The only film I've ever walked out on at the cinema, not even Nicole Kidman naked had anything redeeming about it.

Return Of The Jedi 2004 DVD Special Edition - Just Don't

Last Half Hour of Revenge Of The Sith - See above

Anything by m night shaylaman - use of lower case intentional, he doesn't deserve it

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here