Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Shit Films

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
paulie said:
Gave it about 15 mins on Sky - utter dross.

Platoon I'd disagree with - great film. The last 45 mins is edge of the seat stuff. I remember emerging from the cinema in Leamington Spa and expecting an ambush at any moment.

Agreed. Platoon is a CLASSIC!

paulie

Jul 27, 2004
Being a student in Leamington Spa meant you were about to be ambushed anyway - so it was good practice really.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Lammy said:
Agreed. Platoon is a CLASSIC!

You love the bloody, still performances of Charlie Sheen and Tom Berenger, do you?
At the time, when i was 11, i thought it was well cool, but it rings of same feeble cartoonish realism that Stone has 'produced' over and over again. Yes, we all remember the one-legged man hopping for mercy, but, jeezus h crimples, it was just two men wrestling throughout rather than a piece of substance and analysis as it hoped to sell itself as.

Sorry. Platoon makes me a bit angry now.
I prefered Berenger in Major League and Sheen in a possible coffin.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
X-Men - I didn't understand it until I realised that I didn't want to understand it. And with such a good cast too.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Bewitched

malcolm prescott

Jul 8, 2006
Preston village
OPEN WATER............abslute shit the only film I have ever wished the fish would get on with eating the stars......and the only film I asked for my money back.............did not get it:down:

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Les Biehn said:
Human Traffic and Dead Man Walking are the only films I've ever walked out of. One shit the other deathly boring.

Human Traffic is absolute shite, and the Guardian named it 'The last great film of the 90s' at the time.

The Star Wars one with Jar Jar Binks is the only time I've ever walked out of a cinema.

Honourable mention to Citizen Kane :yawn:

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Cheeky Monkey said:
Honourable mention to Citizen Kane :yawn:
Almost about as wrong as it's humanly possible to be. But there we are.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Trufflehound said:
Be fair. He was good in Hot Shots.

Um. No. He was supposed to be hilariously playing his own father. The film was reasonably funny, but partially because he is a laughable, inedible ham.
Two and a Half Men is not funny and it has him saying things. A 21st century My Two Dads.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
The Animal was a truly shocking shocking film. I have hated others but this film was literally the biggest piece of shit ever put to film.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Man of Harveys said:
X-Men - I didn't understand it until I realised that I didn't want to understand it. And with such a good cast too.

It's a comicbook representation of American racial struggle. Professor X was Martin Luther King, whitened, see-through and telepathic. His partner/enemy Magneto is Malcolm X, tippexed and the master of all metals. Neither get shot, but they have magic tied in their conflict.
In the film, it's about homophobia, to some minor extent, and the popular lonliness of Wolverine, who shows the violence feeling of cursed holy talent.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Man of Harveys said:
Almost about as wrong as it's humanly possible to be. But there we are.

Think for yerself, not what Empire magazine's top 100 films of all time would have you think. Neggst you'll be telling me 'On the Waterfront' is quality!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here