Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sheffield Weds - embarrassing!

Feb 14, 2010
Wednesday are a funny set of fans, they have won nothing sinc the 1930s and then in the same breath tey don't know that Brighton won the Charity Shield. Weirdly they think Brighton are the best they have ever been, well Charlie Webb who won the Charity Shield, or Alan Mullery and players like with Ward, Case, & Lawrenson would give a cough.

Shef W "league titles" were all before 1935 when the leagues were split between the Football League and the Southern League but yet they seem to think they were national champions for all of them. No grasp on history, they just trot out a selective version of it.

The odd bunch in Sheffield also seem to think Brighton are a "Doncaster" type small club and one of them said we were a club like er Reading! They don't seem to remember Brighton being the 12th best club in the country and also dont seem to have heard of Brighton fans getting the York game abandoned just before Euro 96 (not exactly Reading is it). Next year we will have more ST holders than they get through the turnstile in total at Shef W.

All of this and they still seem to think that they know something about football when some of them clearly don't. They are a bit like the foreign minister of some tinpot regime in the middle east with their selective memory! As for the game, well it was never in doubt, Brighton pass the ball, the poor old northern monkeys have Gary Megson as manager.

Still I doubt we will have to play them again for at least another 5 or 10 years. So just a thank you to them for our 1983 fa cup semi final victory and a cheerio

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
What a compliment to us, though, when Gary Megson admits:
"I think if you just took the game on today's performance I don't think we would have one player who would get in Brighton's team."

ed_tomassi

Apr 10, 2011
I'm a Wednesday fan here in peace. Didn't make it yesterday, but can imagine what kind of performance we put out and i'm quite disapppointed we couldn't follow on from our decent display last tuesday. It's been an awful season for us. A squad of over-the-hill players, a lot of whom were signed for free last summer by a terrible manager without a scouting network due to our financial problems. I think we're a victim of our past- we have very high expectations and don't feel we should be in this league. Ironically it turns out we're very lucky not to be in a lower position at this stage. The bit i find most frustrating is that the chap who heavily contributed towards our 15 year long downward spiral (SIR Dave Richards) now runs the Premier League?

Anyway, now we have Megson and i think the jury is still out on him somewhat, i just hope in the summer he can put together his own squad and have some success even if it means a lot of 1-0 wins...

Regarding Albion, you seem to be a very smart club, on the up in every sense. I hope you can keep Poyet and stay in the Championship next season. My Grandad was a big Brighton fan so i have a soft spot, but still a proud Owl.

The Fifth Column

Lazy mug
Nov 30, 2010
Hangleton
Wednesday are a funny set of fans, they have won nothing sinc the 1930s and then in the same breath tey don't know that Brighton won the Charity Shield. Weirdly they think Brighton are the best they have ever been, well Charlie Webb who won the Charity Shield, or Alan Mullery and players like with Ward, Case, & Lawrenson would give a cough.

Shef W "league titles" were all before 1935 when the leagues were split between the Football League and the Southern League but yet they seem to think they were national champions for all of them. No grasp on history, they just trot out a selective version of it.

The odd bunch in Sheffield also seem to think Brighton are a "Doncaster" type small club and one of them said we were a club like er Reading! They don't seem to remember Brighton being the 12th best club in the country and also dont seem to have heard of Brighton fans getting the York game abandoned just before Euro 96 (not exactly Reading is it). Next year we will have more ST holders than they get through the turnstile in total at Shef W.

All of this and they still seem to think that they know something about football when some of them clearly don't. They are a bit like the foreign minister of some tinpot regime in the middle east with their selective memory! As for the game, well it was never in doubt, Brighton pass the ball, the poor old northern monkeys have Gary Megson as manager.

Still I doubt we will have to play them again for at least another 5 or 10 years. So just a thank you to them for our 1983 fa cup semi final victory and a cheerio

Totally agree! Since the war the only real thing of note they've won is the League cup in 1991, in the same period we have won 4 league championships including back to back titles in 00/01 & 01/02 and are on our way to a 5th this season so arguably we have had a lot more success to cheer about and celebrate. They used to be a big club in the early part of the century but frankly they have won absolutely nothing to back that claim up these days. Big club no, well supported yes.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Totally agree! Since the war the only real thing of note they've won is the League cup in 1991, in the same period we have won 4 league championships including back to back titles in 00/01 & 01/02 and are on our way to a 5th this season so arguably we have had a lot more success to cheer about and celebrate. They used to be a big club in the early part of the century but frankly they have won absolutely nothing to back that claim up these days. Big club no, well supported yes.

Calm down a bit. Sheff Weds are a bigger club with a bigger stadium and a bigger supporter base, and have been in the top flight for a good many more years than we have ever managed. While we have been knocking about at the arse end of the league for the last 20-25 years, they have been in the Premier League and have made several Cup Finals, winning one.

Yes they are down on their luck right now while we are very much on the up, but please don't come the billy-big-bollocks too much, its a tad embarrassing.

The Fifth Column

Lazy mug
Nov 30, 2010
Hangleton
Calm down a bit. Sheff Weds are a bigger club with a bigger stadium and a bigger supporter base, and have been in the top flight for a good many more years than we have ever managed. While we have been knocking about at the arse end of the league for the last 20-25 years, they have been in the Premier League and have made several Cup Finals, winning one.

Yes they are down on their luck right now while we are very much on the up, but please don't come the billy-big-bollocks too much, its a tad embarrassing.

Despite nearly winning things and playing at a higher level they have still won stuff all (1991 excepted). I'm not suggesting we are bigger just that we have had more relative success at our own level. Would I trade in what we've had for a League Cup final win and all those years in the top tier? Almost certainly but I still don't consider Weds a big club in terms of their achievements. And being all billy big bollocks once in a while is what being a footy fan is all about!

Feb 14, 2010
What is amusing is that Wednesday actually think they have had it rough. Try being asset stripped, losing ground, fighting a campaign that got a game abandoned before Euro 96, playing 140 mile round trip from home. The billy big club bollocks is also funny as they will be getting smaller crowds than us next season and they marvel in "Football league" championships when the league was divided by Football league and Southern leagues. All this in an era when Britain ran India and at last one of them was before our Charity Shield win and during the same era as the Boer War! I used to think they knew their football because nope they sound like just another set of northern monkeys.

Spun Cuppa

Thanks Greens :(
I don't think the teams that come here are necessarily pox, it's just that we make them look that way. We are watching third division football, and the standard isn't going to be that great on the whole. We are where we are in the league due to GP's management re: tactics and formation, and some very good third division players in a more or less settled starting 11, with a few fine tuning changes...

The Championship is a different matter, and GP and TB will have to sit round the table and talk next seasons budget re: GP's player want list and wage budget, and who knows, perhaps GP can work a miracle and get us up!? He is hot property and a big offer from a club might be too good to turn down. Be nice to see him pit his wits in The Championship with us of course :smile:

big guns

Apr 10, 2011
if your dont fookin bounce then your a blade ,your away following couldnt bounce cos theres only about ten of you top of the league you lot are an embarresment to your team

Indeed this.
Brighton are on the up, but WE will be the club people take this same piss out of if we have people deriding every other league outfit for their flaws.

We do not have an incredible history of silverware over the rest of the historic clubs after 110 years odd, and even if we did - I wouldn't want to laud it over every other fan. We don't want to be 'hated on the way down' so let's please not earn too many enemies on the way up. We aren't even up yet.

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
if your dont fookin bounce then your a blade ,your away following couldnt bounce cos theres only about ten of you top of the league you lot are an embarresment to your team

Why does the internet attract such ignorant f**kwits? BHA have plenty and now SWFC are showing us what they can do.

Facts: the 3 teams in Div1 with the biggest away followings are SW, Brighton and the Stains in that order.
History: BHA are not as old a club as Wednesday but are older than Chelsea, Charlton and Huddersfield Town.

Credit to the loyal SWFC fans yesterday. But you, sir, have made a complete canute of yourself.

big guns

Apr 10, 2011
lets do some name dropping then Chris Waddle ,David Hirst,Chris Woods , Paulo Di Canio ,Mark Bright,fook me i could go on all day,you are small time like donny ,in 4 years we will be in the pre and you lot will be back in league 1.

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
Indeed this.
Brighton are on the up, but WE will be the club people take this same piss out of if we have people deriding every other league outfit for their flaws.

We do not have an incredible history of silverware over the rest of the historic clubs after 110 years odd, and even if we did - I wouldn't want to laud it over every other fan. We don't want to be 'hated on the way down' so let's please not earn too many enemies on the way up. We aren't even up yet.

Oh so true.
and a class avatar!

Hunting 784561

Jul 8, 2003
lets do some name dropping then Chris Waddle ,David Hirst,Chris Woods , Paulo Di Canio ,Mark Bright,fook me i could go on all day,you are small time like donny ,in 4 years we will be in the pre and you lot will be back in league 1.

Only English spoken in these parts. Sorry.

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath

Preliminary rounds of the FA Cup? ???

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland

???

What was that?

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Can you write that in english please?

He's from Yarkshire, and is probably only 25 years old so writing in English will be a bit of a struggle for him. Show some compassion for the poor thick twat.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here