Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sheffield Wednesday vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I'd be inclined to take off Bruno stick on Lualua and try 4-4-2, makes it simple and puts at least two players in the box.

Trevor

In my Fifties, still know nothing
NSC Patron
Dec 16, 2012
Milton Keynes
The same as every other club in the country, to have a team that matches the size of the support. Man United expect to win the Premier League and Rochdale expect to be in the lower leagues. Expectation is that mid table top flight is par for the Albion and we have in the last 100 years never even reached par.

hmm - if you look at English league grounds by capacity then we are a championship side

http://simple.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_English_football_stadiums_by_capacity

We do indeed appear to be the best supported side outside of the premiership - however you would have to be quite optimistic to imagine that will remain the case http://www.football-league.co.uk/documents/average-attendance549-2006711.pdf - suspect our attendances may drop off from next season. I view us as a second-tier club

Feb 14, 2010
So thats not over a 100 year period then or even a 10 year period - the new ground is the effect of that which sadly things need to improve to see the top 20 next year and who know after that

New ground effect? What are you on about? We didnt have a new ground in the 70s or in the division 3 south. This club accepts failure, as does the very very large fan base when compared to most clubs in the country. This club always has taken a large following and done precisely sod all with it. Doesnt look like changing any time soon.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
So we can't get a shot in open play and our delivery from set pieces is pants. Bit of a worry

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I think the pitch is working to Wednesday's advantage.

Draw out Lees and catch them on the break, but who have we got fast enough for a counter attack?

I would bring on Lualua for Tex ???

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
New ground effect? What are you on about? We didnt have a new ground in the 70s or in the division 3 south. This club accepts failure, as does the very very large fan base when compared to most clubs in the country. This club always has taken a large following and done precisely sod all with it. Doesnt look like changing any time soon.

must say after following the Albion for over 50 years we have had two peaks the first div and the cup and **** all else

BrianWade4

Aug 17, 2010
A nice bit of South London
hmm - if you look at English league grounds by capacity then we are a championship side

http://simple.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_English_football_stadiums_by_capacity

We do indeed appear to be the best supported side outside of the premiership - however you would have to be quite optimistic to imagine that will remain the case http://www.football-league.co.uk/documents/average-attendance549-2006711.pdf - suspect our attendances may drop off from next season. I view us as a second-tier club

Not your fault but Wikipedia can't count. We are actually in the championship play-offs by capacity

Also, if you go on season ticket sales or average attendance, we'd be lower mid table in the Prem

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Texeira nailed on to be subbed very shortly.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
So we can't get a shot in open play and our delivery from set pieces is pants. Bit of a worry

Just grateful that there appear to be 3 other teams that are as shot as us. I wonder what chance there is of someone from the board holding their hands up and accepting some responsibility for the total incompetence on the playing front this season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here