Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sheff Weds take 3000 allocation

"In any context" probably covers it. Wednesday are a big Club, with a great travelling support.

Yep whenever I go abroad I see countless Sheffield Wednesday shirts being worn by locals and every other bar is a Sheffield Wednesday Supporters bar.

Big Club - do me a favour they aren't even the biggest Club in Yorkshire.:lolol:

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Sheff Weds?

funny_dog_picture_424.jpg

D

Deleted member 18477

Yep whenever I go abroad I see countless Sheffield Wednesday shirts being worn by locals and every other bar is a Sheffield Wednesday Supporters bar.

Big Club - do me a favour they aren't even the biggest Club in Yorkshire.:lolol:

This

D

Deleted member 18477

I can't agree, i think he talks absolute nonsense. Kids should scrub the showers?

He seems to think that 'big club' means 'best club'.

They should. They should scrub better players boots as well! They should learn to respect the club their playing for and honour their contracts unlike the dempseys who refuse to play. Pathetic attitude. What about the last 5 years clint? Did fulham treat you like shit did they?

And he'd be right to an extent. Because if say we had 30 big clubs of of 92 league clubs that means 1 in 3 is big and takes away the real meaning of big really. IMO we've got about 8 big clubs these days.

Man utd
Man city
Chelsea
Arsenal
Liverpool
Newcastle
Spurs
Everton

Last edited by a moderator:

mwrpoole

Sep 10, 2010
Sevenoaks
This post from there:

"This is a club that cannot count its own attendance so working out ticket prices must be a no no. Normal reason for inflating attendance figures is to give higher ( illegal) bonuses to players on rubbish contracts. Thought this had died out a long time ago. "

Of all the possible reasons why a club would 'inflate' its attendance figure, surely this must be the most ludicrous reason. I've never heard of this before let alone it being the 'normal reason'!

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
Sheffield Wednesday :timmy:

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
They should. They should scrub better players boots as well! They should learn to respect the club their playing for and honour their contracts unlike the dempseys who refuse to play. Pathetic attitude. What about the last 5 years clint? Did fulham treat you like shit did they?

And he'd be right to an extent. Because if we have 30 big clubs of of 92 league clubs that means 1 in 3 is big and takes away the meaning of big really. IMO we've got about 8 big clubs these days

Man utd
Man city
Chelsea
Arsenal
Liverpool
Newcastle
Spurs
Everton

i would agree with that list, but saying that clubs like arsenal and liverpool aren't big because they haven't won anything recently is nonsense.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Of all the possible reasons why a club would 'inflate' its attendance figure, surely this must be the most ludicrous reason. I've never heard of this before let alone it being the 'normal reason'!
Surely clubs would understate the matchday attendance figure to allow the brown envelope scenario ??? Mind you Sheffield isn't all that far away from Chesterfield :lol:

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
Is this actually true. I'm not convinced. Some of the suggestions on that other thread that there 'were only about 22,000 there' on Tuesday were laughable. The ESU holds 5,000 and was full. The rest of the ground was pretty full, bar the away bit. :shrug:

The ESU had plenty of empty seats. As did the ESL and WSL.

Feb 14, 2010
I like Shef W, if for no other reason that the last time they won a trophy was before The Albion won the Charity Shield in 1910.

I think its right to say that the last time Shef W won major honours, the country was more interested in the Boer War!

Ah bless 'em, I think they are just unhappy that when everyone looked at the attendances, people didnt say "Shef W are a big club", but instead saw that Brighton get bigger crowds then them.

Sh!t happens but if they bring 3000, then fair play as we wont take 3K to them.. we reserve that for Chesterfield when in the lower league, which is near enough!

D

Deleted member 18477

i would agree with that list, but saying that clubs like arsenal and liverpool aren't big because they haven't won anything recently is nonsense.

Arsenal have won stuff recently compared to A LOT of other teams. And big prizes too. Same with Liverpool. And both finish consistently in the top half of the prem and most of the time in the top 6.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Good God. What a bunch of absolute cretins there are on that site :facepalm:

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Is he though? He talks a lot of sense usually unlike that prat claridge! He's the idiot!

I find him able to pur forward opposing views in the same sentence. He is actually an idiot. If you speak as much as him he will make a good point at some stage - but he won't be able to recognise which one it was.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither

Well if that is how you judge a big club - clearly they are not.

Is it only allowed for a county to have one big club then. Lancashire may have a problem then.

Feb 14, 2010
I like Shef W, if for no other reason that the last time they won a trophy was before The Albion won the Charity Shield in 1910.

I think its right to say that the last time Shef W won major honours, the country was more interested in the Boer War!

Ah bless 'em, I think they are just unhappy that when everyone looked at the attendances, people didnt say "Shef W are a big club", but instead saw that Brighton get bigger crowds then them.

Sh!t happens but if they bring 3000, then fair play as we wont take 3K to them.. we reserve that for Chesterfield when in the lower league, which is near enough!

Sorry not quite right, they won the league when Don Bradman started playing for Australia, America was in prohibition, the Charlston was a hit on the dance floor and Brighton races were notorious for gangland turf wars.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here