Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sheff Weds take 3000 allocation

Peever

Sep 5, 2010
Canada
This post from there:

"This is a club that cannot count its own attendance so working out ticket prices must be a no no. Normal reason for inflating attendance figures is to give higher ( illegal) bonuses to players on rubbish contracts. Thought this had died out a long time ago. "

I know most are not a fan of this but I am almost positive the majority of clubs do that. Seem to remember a Villa game 2 seasons ago where the number was given at like 36k but you looked around and there was no way that many were in the ground. I can only imagine Weds does the same.

Bit odd how those lot on going on about Brighton. But I suppose as with every club.....morons will show up. I hope the "joke club" can smashem 3 or 4 nil

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
There's an awful lot of pot calling the kettle black on this thread.

With all due respect Phil, that thread is pretty pathetic, we normally only save that sort of withering abuse for our OWN club. I hope we totally smash our feathered brethren from the crappiest bit of yorkshire after reading that.

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
don't they hate palace now,since they lost to them on the last game of the season and got relegated

we were all cheering them on that day LOL

or don't they give t'f***ing monkeys?

Peever

Sep 5, 2010
Canada
Hope they do bring 3,000. Will make for a fantastic atmosphere. Always liked Wednesday as a club and have found their fans a good laugh when we've gon there but this isn't the first time I've seen such rubbish spouted about us on OwlsTalk. I don't know if they have something against us in particular or are just like that in general but its always been an odd forum.

I think they are just like that in general. I have not been on the site alot of times but I have had a look a few times over my interweb travels and it seems a fair bit of rubbish is spouted over there.....each to their own

Basil Fawlty

Don't Mention The War

thony

Jul 24, 2011
Hollingbury
Their season ticket holders can buy from 28th followed by a general sale on 3rd September.

There is a lot of miss information here though. Why is it only 3000, when we know the away area can now hold 3300.

Also, they say that 2 prices are on offer but they say it is ALL in the south stand?

It looks as though the away 2 blocks in the east have been labelled S1A and S1B. Fair enough, but away punters need to know their premium price is getting them a pukka side on view and not a corner or behind the goal.

Brighton v Owls

This lunchtime I got my brother a ticket in S1F - the block had just become available to home fans. Maybe they were told their allocation would be FROM S1A-F, but actually block S1F was left out of the allocation to reduce it to 3000?

This lunchtime I got my brother a ticket in S1F - the block had just become available to home fans. Maybe they were told their allocation would be FROM S1A-F, but actually block S1F was left out of the allocation to reduce it to 3000?

This block has just come available for the Barnsley game. Have you been sold one in S1F for Wednesday?

thony

Jul 24, 2011
Hollingbury
This block has just come available for the Barnsley game. Have you been sold one in S1F for Wednesday?

My apologies - I was getting mixed up.
You're right: I got the S1F ticket for the Barnsley match. The tickets I got for him for Wednesday are in the Family Stand (with his nephew).

I'm not sure they are still sour after 1983 - most of them post like kids who are still sour from our 2-0 walkover at the Withdean two seasons ago.

Some complaining about only being given 3,000 yet others predicting 1.5k away turn out tops. - Sounds like too much ferret upping is being had in the land of Arthur Scargill.

Last edited:

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
There's an awful lot of pot calling the kettle black on this thread.

Would you find a thread like that about Wednesday calling them tinpot? Doubt it.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Wednesday should bring down a decent following even thought it is on a Friday night. Only the clubs with large away support will given the whole allocation straight away. Palace won't get all the tickets in one go (unless it's cash upfront)

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I would like to distance myself from the opinons expressed by certain posters in this thread. A lot of it is extremely embarrassing.

Say what you want, but both Sheffield clubs (all 3, technically, wouldn't want to offend Sheffield FC fans) are big clubs in any context. To say they aren't is daft.

D

Deleted member 18477

I would like to distance myself from the opinons expressed by certain posters in this thread. A lot of it is extremely embarrassing.

Say what you want, but both Sheffield clubs (all 3, technically, wouldn't want to offend Sheffield FC fans) are big clubs in any context. To say they aren't is daft.

Define big club?

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
What the f*** is a big club, in the uk, that's the top 4 in my opinion?

29 years later and still bitter :nono:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Define big club?

You can't though, can you? (Neither can I)

Regardless it is something that all football supporters are able to do. Quote 2 clubs and any football fan will tell you which is the bigger in their eyes. How they arrive at that decision is an art and not a science and will include factors such as...

- Current league standing
- Historic league positions
- Trophies won
- Past 'legendary' players
- Ground size
- Ground niceness
- Average crowd
- Size of travelling support

...all with some mysterious co-efficient applied.

To me Sheffield Wednesday are still a bigger club that the Albion, but I couldn't quantify how I reach that conclusion. Sheffield United is a closer decision and I'm tend to edge towards us.

D

Deleted member 18477

"In any context" probably covers it. Wednesday are a big Club, with a great travelling support.

Big club really is defined by success. And in particular recent success. I agree with Robbie savage on the BBC. He even questions if arsenal are still a big club. If arsenal aren't Sheffield Wednesday def aren't! they use to be a big club back in the day...

Although I do think arsenal are a big club - in top 4 for last 17 seasons?

BBC Sport - Savage Says: Are Arsenal a big club?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here