Crap Town
Sheff Weds?

funny_dog_picture_424.jpg
This is what happens when you let your dog drink Stella :thumbsup:

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Compared to our Southern League and Charity Shield DOUBLE in 1910, Wednesday are nothing :lolol:

I hope they sell out their allocation, a full away end should help get the stadium bouncing. Good luck to 'em I say!

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
This would be amazing if the away fans sell 3,000, clubs like Palace, Charlton would sell this as well. Will make for a cracking atmposhere.

I am surprised the away allocation is that high but I imagine with the extra capacity this is now the correct higher % of seats offered.
Charlton won't sell out,they travel in low numbers.

Well if that is how you judge a big club - clearly they are not.

Is it only allowed for a county to have one big club then. Lancashire may have a problem then.

Not picking a fight with you DKM but if someone said to you "name a big football Club" how many people out of 100 would say Sheff Weds ?

I don't think they would get in most peoples top 20. (we certainly wouldn't)

Dessie

Jun 17, 2010
Sheffield
Apologies for some of the less enlightened souls on Owlstalk - we do have a large collection of them, especially in the school holidays. This type of thread only leads to mutual animosity when there's no real need. You were by far the best team in L1 when you went up but I think under DJ & Milan we've done some catching up. There's quite a bit of giddiness at the moment after our squad strengthening and recent performance but you'll see the doom and gloom brigade out in force as soon as the first heavy defeat crops up. I hope we're still on a decent run when we visit as it'll encourage more to travel but even do 3k is a big ask for a Friday night.

Anyway, as you were...

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
The Wednesday fans on that thread are just jealous that we are getting bigger crowds than them in a state of the art stadium whilst their stuck in a half full decrepit old ground.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Not picking a fight with you DKM but if someone said to you "name a big football Club" how many people out of 100 would say Sheff Weds ?

I don't think they would get in most peoples top 20. (we certainly wouldn't)

Blimey - that is a loaded question - no-one but Wednesday fans would reply Wednesday to that question.

In this Premiership world I am sure some people would say Blackburn or Bolton are bigger than Wednesday - they have been in the top division for longer more recently. To me - that would be plain wrong. I do think Wednesay would be in a lot of peoples' top 20 - especially if they have been to Hillsborough.

(I know you are not picking a fight - there is an unfortunate tendency for people to think I am being aggressive in my posts when it was not there when I wrote it .... I maybe should use smilies ....... :thumbsup:)

Last edited:

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Dissapointed, always liked Sheff Wed great away day, one of my favourite grounds and always found the fans I have spoken to ok for Yorkies, even the ones sitting next to me at Highbury for the semi final.

The Wednesday fans on that thread are just jealous that we are getting bigger crowds than them in a state of the art stadium whilst their stuck in a half full decrepit old ground.

We have had 1 game with a bigger attendance than them. Since they will end up with 40 000 at some games against Northern rivals and have strengthened well, I imagine they will endup with a larger crowd average than us, which still won't make them a Big Club, only bigger than us.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Backwards, wankers and cretins they may be, but more to the point is that I hope they lose some form, because from what I have seen they are on a roll from last season and have not lost since Noah was a kid.

D

Deleted member 18477

Blimey - that is a loaded question - no-one but Wednesday fans would reply Wednesday to that question.

In this Premiership world I am sure some people would say Blackburn or Bolton are bigger than Wednesday - they have been in the top division for longer more recently. To me - that would be plain wrong. I do think Wednesay would be in a lot of peoples' top 20 - especially if they have been to Hillsborough.

(I know you are not picking a fight - there is an unfortunate tendency for people to think I am being aggressive in my posts when it was not there when I wrote it .... I maybe should use smilies ....... :thumbsup:)

Blackburn are a bigger club than Wednesday! 1995... Prem. 2002... League cup.

I'd rather play for Blackburn than Wednesday as well... And I hate Blackburn!

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Apologies for some of the less enlightened souls on Owlstalk - we do have a large collection of them, especially in the school holidays. This type of thread only leads to mutual animosity when there's no real need. You were by far the best team in L1 when you went up but I think under DJ & Milan we've done some catching up. There's quite a bit of giddiness at the moment after our squad strengthening and recent performance but you'll see the doom and gloom brigade out in force as soon as the first heavy defeat crops up. I hope we're still on a decent run when we visit as it'll encourage more to travel but even do 3k is a big ask for a Friday night.

Anyway, as you were...

Spot on,it's amazing how many people turn on a club because of a few idiots being childish on a message board.I've always quite liked Wednesday (apart from when they let us down against Palace)and this hasn't changed my mind.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here