Sex Offender Craig Thompson

Status
Not open for further replies.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Flasher Thompson

Groomed a 12 year old girl. Txting for months, sent pictures of his cock and told her he wanted sex with her. She was a family friend aswell. Lovely chap really :/

Sounds like jailbait and a flasher to me.

The used to blame the low life antics in Edinburgh on inhaling the coal gas. Now is cocaine (Black).

Jambo Seagull

Jul 18, 2003
The Athens of the North
I thought those were the original allegations, for which Hearts were prepared to retain him.

correct. Usual tittle-tattle in that bastion of truth and justice the News of the World and the Sunday Mail/ Daily Record but no other charges forthcoming. Oh, and it wasn't his cock he sent a picture of so not technically a flasher either.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I thought those were the original allegations, for which Hearts were prepared to retain him.

It has been an ongoing story. Because they initially refused to get rid of him they faced a backlash from supporters and former players and eventually sponsors started pulling out and they were eventually forced into getting rid of him.

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
correct. Usual tittle-tattle in that bastion of truth and justice the News of the World and the Sunday Mail/ Daily Record but no other charges forthcoming. Oh, and it wasn't his cock he sent a picture of so not technically a flasher either.

Think you will find it was

Jambo Seagull

Jul 18, 2003
The Athens of the North
Think you will find it was

Your source being the Sun/NotW, presumably. There was an awful lot of bollocks (if you'll pardon the pun) in the papers about this case.

My source is his defence lawyer who is one of my best mates. He pled guilty to sending a picture of a cock, not his cock. In point of fact the picture he sent was not of his cock. He was quite rightly punished for lewd and libidinous behaviour but the Sheriff didn't deem that he was a risk to the public and put him on the Sex Offenders' Register for the shortest time possible with no other restrictions on his liberty.

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Your source being the Sun/NotW, presumably. There was an awful lot of bollocks (if you'll pardon the pun) in the papers about this case.

My source is his defence lawyer who is one of my best mates. He pled guilty to sending a picture of a cock, not his cock. In point of fact the picture he sent was not of his cock. He was quite rightly punished for lewd and libidinous behaviour but the Sheriff didn't deem that he was a risk to the public and put him on the Sex Offenders' Register for the shortest time possible with no other restrictions on his liberty.

The public never know if the prosecution have reduced the charges for a conviction or suspect more than has been revealed. But it still reads like a "flasher by proxy" and not a dangerous menace like Bellfield, or even a nasty bit of work like Joey Barton (allegedly). The witch hunters should reserve their hatred for nasty bits of work like the convicted John Whiting.

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham

What would he be doing with a picture of somebody else's cock? That may have been the excuse he used but i dont buy it.

Falkor

Banned
Jun 3, 2011

actually my source was direct quotes from her mum.

This is a forum, not an IM chat.

The salient point in this thread was made on page 2:
If it was your daughter he was sending pictures to im sure you would think the same.
The outrage people espouse around these sorts of offences is due to the fact that they see the perpetrator as a potential threat to their own younger sister or daughter. As I have neither, I feel I can offer a more balanced view. Anybody who followed the link will realise that this wasn't a pre-pubescent girl and that she was very well developed for her age. The fact that Thompson took a fancy to her wasn't that unnatural, and it has to be said that nobody goes on a cam site unless they want to. We don't know how much (if any) discouragement the girl gave him initially; she may have been flattered, but this doesn't mean Thompson can be forgiven for taking advantage of this. He should have known better. But is this offence really comparable to actually physically attacking someone? I don't think so.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
What would he be doing with a picture of somebody else's cock? That may have been the excuse he used but i dont buy it.

I've never tried but I imagine they're quite easy to get off the internet

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
The public never know if the prosecution have reduced the charges for a conviction or suspect more than has been revealed. But it still reads like a "flasher by proxy" and not a dangerous menace like Bellfield, or even a nasty bit of work like Joey Barton (allegedly). The witch hunters should reserve their hatred for nasty bits of work like the convicted John Whiting.

Roy Whiting? The Sarah Payne bloke?

Now there is a man who is, and always will be, a danger to children. Russell Bishop. Sidney Cooke. These are the people who should never be allowed near a child again. Or even see the light of day.

Clearly Thomson was wrong. But I rather hope that his was a case of failing to engage his brain sufficiently to differentiate between a twelve year old who might perhaps have had a crush on him (he is a footballer after all) and been flattered by his attentions, and a mature adult woman giving him the come on. I am most definitely not trying to justify his actions, he was stupid and wrong, but I'm not convinced he's anywhere near the league of the men listed above. I suspect Thomson has had an almighty shock from what's subsequently happened, and I doubt very much he'll do anything like that again. Bishop, Whiting? You could lock them up for twenty years apiece and they'll still come out wanting to have sex with young children. They can't be rehabilitated.

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Lolita

Storm in a teacup. A lot of fuss about nothing from the righteous dogs.

Has it all blown over yet?

I would not condone us Get "Joey Barton".

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
A not so random bounce.

I wonder if anyone's views change if one or more of our players finds themselves with a conviction.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
A not so random bounce.

I wonder if anyone's views change if one or more of our players finds themselves with a conviction.

:nono:

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.

Serious question.

It's easy for everyone to be very strong in their views about others, but do we see a different side to things when it gets closer to home. I have been adamant about the likes of Marlon King, but will my stance remain so strong if we find out something similar about a Brighton youngster? I'm not sure it will.

Monsieur Le Plonk

Lethargy in motion
Apr 22, 2009
By a lake
Serious question.

It's easy for everyone to be very strong in their views about others, but do we see a different side to things when it gets closer to home. I have been adamant about the likes of Marlon King, but will my stance remain so strong if we find out something similar about a Brighton youngster? I'm not sure it will.

But do you need to ask this question right this bloody second or could you have waited a few days. Wake the feck up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here