Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Serious irregularities at the club

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
In fact, it got to the point where I was uncomfortable with having to play that game, and so didn't attend any more, preferring to be a 'normal fan' without that 'inside' knowledge.

However, it was obvious that there were many folk who very much enjoyed being privvy to that kind of stuff, as if it made them feel special. Not for me, I'm afraid.

I admire that - it's quite an interesting point actually and linked to one I made earlier on this thread e.g. I'm absolutely sure a lot of negativity towards 'inner circle' fans is just jealousy - many on NSC just get off on the shouting they know so much more than everyone else and would trade places in an instant if they could. As Attila says earlier, 10-15 years ago you'd have to do your talking in public......that would sort the men out from the bitches!

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
Wozza if I found out Dick Knight was on the 'Nelson Riddle' I would have no hesitation in exposing him, and that could include a multitude of sins, involving anyone in senior postions at the club.

Just to clarify, I don't think there's anything untoward going on at the club right now (some dodgy appointments, maybe, but that's another matter).

But if there was something dodgy going on, I wouldn't expect to here it from you first.

Or, to put this entire thread another way, the inner circle are way to quick to defend Dick and his decisions.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Just to clarify, I don't think there's anything untoward going on at the club right now (some dodgy appointments, maybe, but that's another matter).

But if there was something dodgy going on, I wouldn't expect to here it from you first.

Or, to put this entire thread another way, the inner circle are way to quick to defend Dick and his decisions.

But the 'inner circle' aren't really the issue.

I wouldn't go so far as to say they're an irrelevance, but there are far more influential people associated with the club but not directly involved in the club than the 'inner circle'. We'd hear more about any problems from them before the 'inner circle' started grizzling.

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
we would never actively go searching for a story that makes the club look bad, if we got a tip off then we'd look into it.

but i honestly doubt there's anything really dodgy going on - 'build a bonfire, put camillan on the top' ... hardly.

we're doing a 'sniff' on robert codner and the cocaine scandal for TSLR005, the club is a bit boring compared to that stuff.

Aye, the 2008 version of Build A Bonfire isn't quite the same ;)

Forgot about Bob's coke scandal :lolol:

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
But the 'inner circle' aren't really the issue.

I wouldn't go so far as to say they're an irrelevance, but there are far more influential people associated with the club but not directly involved in the club than the 'inner circle'. We'd hear more about any problems from them before the 'inner circle' started grizzling.

How do you join the Inner Circle ?
I want in, I can keep a secret

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
Like many, i was involved in "the troubles" and maybe I sometimes look at young oiks like Paul Cam and thing "hey, that could have been me". but it wasn't, he did the writing and other such things and now has the job with the club and very well done to him.

I also find it comforting that I know, and am known (to a degree) by most of the "inner circle" mentioned so far and therefore feel that if i wanted to air an issue or do some digging then I'd know that there are genuine supporters very close to those who run the club. That's not always been the case.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Interesting thread, always going to get a few howls of disapproval but I think Wozza does have a point.

In fact, it's such a blindingly obvious point that you can't really disagree with it, some of yesterday's protestors are now firmly in the fold and as a result it would be more difficult for them to call the club/board to account over any new problems that came to light. But that's no different to what goes on in every business in the land, once critics or potential critics enjoy a bit of special treatment, they start enjoying it. Only natural, human nature, it's what keeps the PR business afloat in this country.

And fair play to Bozza for realising he was a fan first. When people start telling you things about the Albion in that context but you 'can't tell anyone else, like your mates/fellow fans', what's the point? Bit different if you're Andy Naylor, because his living depends on finding out stuff first about the Albion.

Harty
Their's to know
and your's to find out:lolol:

honestly if people are seriously assuming that just because some have the ear of dick Knight, that they will miraculosluy turn into club sycophants then they are just completely deluded.

if it wasn't for what they did (and dick knight for one knows this) we wouldn't have a club today.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
if it wasn't for what they did (and dick knight for one knows this) we wouldn't have a club today.

I think that is the area where this analysis runs into a bit of trouble. Some of the people I guess he's referring to saved the club, or certainly helped save it.

But I guess what he's asking is still valid if anything happened again, who would expose it this time - the same people, or others?

He can't mean Paul Camillin, the guy is a paid employee of the club. What's he supposed to do, slag off his employer?

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
I think that is the area where this analysis runs into a bit of trouble. Some of the people I guess he's referring to saved the club, or certainly helped save it.

But I guess what he's asking is still valid if anything happened again, who would expose it this time - the same people, or others?

He can't mean Paul Camillin, the guy is a paid employee of the club. What's he supposed to do, slag off his employer?

If you're talking about any repeat along the lines of what Archer did, do you think someone like Paul Camillin would sit around in that job to take the flak? Do you think the rest of those people would stay silent?

I don't.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
If you're talking about any repeat along the lines of what Archer did, do you think someone like Paul Camillin would sit around in that job to take the flak? Do you think the rest of those people would stay silent?

I don't.

Nope, I don't. And I think that post is mischief-making of a pretty poor kind, just putting words in people's mouths. My post simply made it clear I think Paul is in a different position from some of the others being talked about, but at the end of the day I'm not going to guess who's in Wozza's 'inner circle', if he wants to name them he will. You've had your say on this thread, and clearly have some sort of axe to grind on it.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Nope, I don't. And I think that post is mischief-making of a pretty poor kind, just putting words in people's mouths. My post simply made it clear I think Paul is in a different position from some of the others being talked about, but at the end of the day I'm not going to guess who's in Wozza's 'inner circle', if he wants to name them he will. You've had your say on this thread, and clearly have some sort of axe to grind on it.

I've had my say, so I'm not allowed another one - right?

That post was not mischief making, and you are 100% wrong to say I have an axe to grind. Clear?

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
As I understand it, there are several Brighton supporters on the Board. Unlike 12 years ago when there wasn't

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here