Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Serious irregularities at the club

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Well there is one known piece of information that was only recently advised that I believe some people knew a while back.

I expect to be shot down in flames however I am not prepared to say what it was as it includes people I know and like.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
Why does it have to be the same people who would do the digging. There are plenty of independantly minded supporters of the club who keep an eye on the club. I don't understand the point being made.

Really?

The way I see it, any dissenters get shot down by the inner circle - and everyone else goes along with it.

Remember a few weeks ago when someone on here had the audacity to ASK fans (via a poll) if it was time to sack the under-performing manager?

NSC users (not just those who voted) were subsequently described as 'windowlickers' by the not-very-neutral host on the local radio.

Leave aside the insult (that's been done): How DARE someone question Dick Knight's appointment/decision, eh?!

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
This thread, and it's speculative slur intentions, about 'big name fans' is probably purely down to jealousy on many NSC-ers part. Why do so many of you constantly dig for dirt and criticism of persons SUCH AS Harty, Attila, Paul Samarah, Paul Camlin and so on. Just get on with your lives and wait for Falmer. Alternatively, earn enough money or respect to join the club in some capacity. Or form a supporters club called 'NSC bitches' or something and lobby the board. But please, stop all this constant criticism - direct or indirect.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Really?

The way I see it, any dissenters get shot down by the inner circle - and everyone else goes along with it.

Remember a few weeks ago when someone on here had the audacity to ASK fans (via a poll) if it was time to sack the under-performing manager?

NSC users (not just those who voted) were subsequently described as 'windowlickers' by the not-very-neutral host on the local radio.

Leave aside the insult (that's been done): How DARE someone question Dick Knight's appointment/decision, eh?!

Is one person's opinion on this matter tarring all the others with the same brush?

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Really?

So are you saying what a phone-in host says affects your view ? I can't believe that. So why should it anyone else?

Where do people's views get shot down by the inner circle. Do you mean on here ? If so - then who cares. And there does not appear to be any increase in towing the club line on here.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I don't know of anything wrong.

I'm saying that the people who used to represent the fans, now represent the club.

Many won't have a bad word said against the manager, let alone the chairman or the way the club is being run.

It's unhealthy.

I couldn't agree more. The way some supporters blindly agree with everything that DK etc say now is astonishing.

I honestly believe that the current owners of the business, had they been in charge at some time before the Archer days would have a very rough ride from supporters.

The problem is the same arguement comes out everytime there is a problem, "these guys saved our club and therefore can do no wrong, if it wasn't for them we wouldn't have a club".

The same argument could probably be applied to a lot of the chairman we had before Archer, all of which got a lot more stick than the current crop.

As for whether there actually is any irregularities I very much don't think so. They are clearly not yet in a position to cover the finance of the stadium (see my unanswered question on Ask the club "Falmer Finance"), but if they haven't got it they haven't got it, so understandable that a response is not yet forthcoming.

But the general point about blind faith in the current owners is well made.

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
Really?

'sake ..

I suspect that members of the inner circle are likely to have a different view of the 'club directors carrying out serious irregularities' to that of a poll of whether the manager should be sacked on a website used by a minority of Albion fans. To insinuate that the likes of Harty, samarah et al would let the club get away with it is an insult.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Well there is one known piece of information that was only recently advised that I believe some people knew a while back.

I expect to be shot down in flames however I am not prepared to say what it was as it includes people I know and like.

fat lot of good you would be then if you heard Knight was on the fiddle.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
fat lot of good you would be then if you heard Knight was on the fiddle.

Now that would be totally different as a more serious issue

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
With the relative closeness of the club to the supporters, it would take some doing to hide the sort of behaviour Archer was undertaking.

I agree, and I'm not suggesting that the club would do anything as similarly treacherous. But I do wonder whether we could dig deep again. And no disrespect, Sam, but would you have the time to sniff out a story in the fanzine?

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Just get on with your lives and wait for Falmer.

OK

035ostrich-head-in-sand_468x538.jpg

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Don't tell me the Inner Circle are a band .............

actually they were a bloody good reggae band who supported Average White Band at the Dome on the Tuesday and then played a concert on their own at theh Top Rank Suite on the Thursday.

Ah the halcion days of youth...where did they go?

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
I couldn't agree more. The way some supporters blindly agree with everything that DK etc say now is astonishing.

I honestly believe that the current owners of the business, had they been in charge at some time before the Archer days would have a very rough ride from supporters.

The problem is the same arguement comes out everytime there is a problem, "these guys saved our club and therefore can do no wrong, if it wasn't for them we wouldn't have a club".

The same argument could probably be applied to a lot of the chairman we had before Archer, all of which got a lot more stick than the current crop.

As for whether there actually is any irregularities I very much don't think so. They are clearly not yet in a position to cover the finance of the stadium (see my unanswered question on Ask the club "Falmer Finance"), but if they haven't got it they haven't got it, so understandable that a response is not yet forthcoming.

But the general point about blind faith in the current owners is well made.

I don't know anyone with a blind faith in the current board. Do you?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here