Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Serious irregularities at the club

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
If the hero fans from the Goldstone war years spotted some 'irregularities' at the club TODAY, do you think the rest of us would hear about it?

Just asking, like.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
I don't know of anything wrong.

I'm saying that the people who used to represent the fans, now represent the club.

Many won't have a bad word said against the manager, let alone the chairman or the way the club is being run.

It's unhealthy.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
I don't know of anything wrong.

I'm saying that the people who used to represent the fans, now represent the club.

Man won't have a bad word said against the manager, let alone the chairman or the way the club is being run.

It's unhealthy.

Sorry... 'Man'? ???

If you mean Paul Camillin, he is employed by the club - why would he say anything bad about it?

Who else represented the fans that now represents the club?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
i think he meant Many

Lady Bracknell

Handbag at Dawn
Jul 5, 2003
The Metropolis
There's no single person who has ever represented the fans. But there are former activists who now work for the club. And with respect, job security is rarely assisted by speaking out against your employer. Far better to persuade an innocent bystander to do it on your behalf! Assuming, that is, that there are any "irregularities" to speak of.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
I think there is plenty of criticism of the club - some of it unfounded, some of it unfair, some of it very relevant and pertinent. There is some praise as well.

Plus we have an open conduit on this board to the club. Granted, some people don't necessarily get the answer they want to hear, either because it's confidential, it's incomplete or it doesn't fit their pre-supposed agenda, and some doubt springs up.

However, any 'irregularities' on the scale of what happened before would, I suspect, very quickly galvanise the supporters, most of whom really wouldn't want to go through that again, but would feel the urge and necessity to do so.

Because of what happened, there is always going to be a certain lack of trust in any future Brighton board (as there is in any club's board), especially when things aren't going well on the pitch - some people need a scapegoat. To that end, I think they do the right thing by making themselves more available for a level of scrutiny that most clubs simply don't allow.

Unhealthy? Nah, it's alright-ish for me. :thumbsup:

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
There's no single person who has ever represented the fans.

I didn't suggest otherwise.

But there are former activists who now work for the club. And with respect, job security is rarely assisted by speaking out against your employer.

I'm not talking about people like Paul who work FOR the club.

I'm talking about the many others who now work WITH the club and won't have a bad word said against the way it's run.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Pretty much EVERY lead campaigner in the wars years is now part of the 'inner circle'.

Imo, too many people just accept what's going on at the club these days (and use Falmer as an excuse).

And because they're part of the 'inner circle', they have a better idea of what's going on. It's the closest any club has to supporter representation on the board.

However, don't for a second think that that inner circle and the club all get along as though they are best bosom buddies all the time.

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
Pretty much EVERY lead campaigner in the wars years is now part of the 'inner circle'.

Imo, too many people just accept what's going on at the club these days (and use Falmer as an excuse).

Totally agree, Wozza. Was thinking the very same thing the other day. It took some snooping around to expose Archer and co. Would anyone do the same today?...

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
However, don't for a second think that that inner circle and the club all get along as though they are best bosom buddies all the time.

You mean things that the rest of us - you know, mere fans - don't get to hear about it in public?

I think you've just proved my point, really. :jester:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Well, I understand Wozza's point. Paul Samrah, Harty et al [might as well SAY the names] are very close to the club and always publically supportive, as you'd expect.

Harty for one is ludicrously one-eyed over the Adams stuff, which in his media role is unbalanced, unhealthy and unproffessional - but that's a different matter.

However, these are people with a genuine love of the Albion in their blood. 'Inner circle' they may be, but if something wre SERIOUSLY wrong, I'd have absolute faith in them standing up and doing the right thing.

The Merry Prankster

Pactum serva
Aug 19, 2006
Shoreham Beach
I think there is plenty of criticism of the club - some of it unfounded, some of it unfair, some of it very relevant and pertinent. There is some praise as well.

Plus we have an open conduit on this board to the club. Granted, some people don't necessarily get the answer they want to hear, either because it's confidential, it's incomplete or it doesn't fit their pre-supposed agenda, and some doubt springs up.

However, any 'irregularities' on the scale of what happened before would, I suspect, very quickly galvanise the supporters, most of whom really wouldn't want to go through that again, but would feel the urge and necessity to do so.

Because of what happened, there is always going to be a certain lack of trust in any future Brighton board (as there is in any club's board), especially when things aren't going well on the pitch - some people need a scapegoat. To that end, I think they do the right thing by making themselves more available for a level of scrutiny that most clubs simply don't allow.

Unhealthy? Nah, it's alright-ish for me. :thumbsup:

Looking for a new job, Al? (Good interview with M.Perry by the way)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here