Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Serbia v England U21 - racism and stuff [Merged]

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Re: Serbia v England U21

Points need to be docked/teams need to be banned/all home games taken away from them

Totally agree. The various FAs get paltry fines. They are responsible for who represents them and who they let in through the gates. Start messing around with qualification or match income and it may have some effect.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
I expect they would claim they are setting a dangerous precedent if they were to do that, but surely they have enough proof of outlandish provocation.

I'm sure they will.... I guess they can't start fining for racism that will upset the Russian's, and that's where the money is.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
I expect they would claim they are setting a dangerous precedent if they were to do that, but surely they have enough proof of outlandish provocation.

Or it will actually mean UEFA standing up to racism, it's not like they ripped into the FA for our so called racism issue

Butch Willykins

Jun 17, 2011
Shoreham-by-Sea
Back in the summer, following threats from Mario Ballotelli to walk off the pitch at Euro 2012 if racially abused by fans, Platini said officials would stop games if they heard any.

Obviously he was talking total bollocks. Or is it OK because they were only U21's?

Disgraceful

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
I will be banned from NSC forever if I wrote what I felt about how the England side have been treated in Serbia & rose gets sent off I'm f***ing going mad better stop now

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Shocking

But still there were so many in the know posters pre-euros on here saying the BBC documentary was fabricated and there are no racism issues abroad so don't believe the reports :facepalm:

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Serbia v England U21

Look let us put this in context. They are a very primitive country, just a few years ago they were involved in ethnic cleansing of fellow white Europeans, we should not have any shocks that they do not live in a post-Blair world, with laws controlling free speech.

So overt racism is freedom of speech and therefore OK?

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
Nothing will happen, They will get a token fine and play a couple of games behind closed doors, then they will carry on with their pre- historic behaviour .

SurreySeagulls

Jul 9, 2003
Guildford
a side from the disgarceful scenes tonight gutless UEFA/FIFA also have the nice problem of Serbia playing Croatia in the qualifiers and given Serbia's lovely peaceful make love not war fans that is going to be a hoot. But as usual Serbia will be let off with a slapped wrist whilst Twatini and Septic Splatter count the brown envelopes coming their way. Didn't Serbia cause their friendly game against Itlay to be abandoned not so long ago in Genoa. If this was the English acting like this we would be banned for several years.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Serbia v England U21

Was it in Serbia that England's black players got the same abuse during a qualifier for Euro 2004? I seem to remember that they got fined a few thousand euros and basically let off, in the same year that England had been threatened by a ban if fans booed the oppositions national anthem.

cunning fergus

NSC Patron
Jan 18, 2009
I see Rose made a monkey impression to the Serbians on his way off the pitch.........I suspect he will say he was just reflecting what the Serbian fans were doing to him.

We've heard that excuse before though............I reckon he will get a 5 match ban.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here