Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Selling your seat at The Amex

Barrow Boy

NSC Patron
Nov 2, 2007
GOSBTS
But surely, unless I am totally wide of the mark, you will still be able to "sell" those tickets BUT you will have to rely on the trust of the person you sell them to to give you back the swipe car once they are through the gates ( or if you are not there, post it back to you).

My real concern which someone was 100% not true was that the club will give first dibs on your seat before you have had the chance to renew next season....ie if we get in teh Premiership and someone wants to move to your seat, if he/she has a PSL then they have rights to userp you from your seat.

Not as I understand it, the ticket 'swop' will be limited to 'like for like', so an adult won't be admitted using a STH's access card for an under 16 or under 10.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
The mark of the club at the stadium will be whether they listen to the concerns of the ordinary supporter. They've got a pretty good track record so far IMHO. I'm pretty sure that some of the debates on NSC raise points that the club's never even thought about and from that point of view the club is receiving incredibly valuable instant feedback from a marketing point of view which will allow them to tweak things accordingly.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
My real concern which someone was 100% not true was that the club will give first dibs on your seat before you have had the chance to renew next season....ie if we get in teh Premiership and someone wants to move to your seat, if he/she has a PSL then they have rights to userp you from your seat.

Just to clarify that. As a season ticket holder (without a PSL) you have the right to renew your season ticket each season without fail - no matter what division we are in. That is unless you have been banned or whatever. The club will never take it away from you if you pay up.

A PSL means that should we get to the Prem and season tickets have run out, you could sell your right to that seat to someone else.

A by-prodcut of that is that because you own the licence to the seat, you can sell the seat for individual matches too. If you don't have a PSL, the club will allow you to lend your card to other people but they won't issue paper tickets to the person having your seat (as they will for someone with a PSL), so there is some risk to the actual card in doing this.

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
The reason is because the club are moving to a corporate footing and therefore drawing a line under the last 13 years.

I suspect the business model is probably on a par with many other football clubs and to be honest they have a very healthy potential set of new fans to be enticed that are quite wealthy given the area we are located.

In other words, thanks v.much to everyone who stood by us when we weren't sure we'd be playing the next game let alone next season; but now kindly off you f*** because richer pickings are on the horizon......

Well we didn't expect anything else surely?

All a bit annoying. Despite living c200 miles away I was going to get a couple of tickets - an adult and a child, ideally in the Upper West. This was on the basis that the games I couldn't make - likely most weekday games and some Saturdays - I'd be able to sell the tickets on (at cost or less) to anyone who was interested.

Ideally I'd sell to a mate, but I can't see that happening since most mates will already have season tickets of their own.

And if you can only sell the tickets to a group that matches the pattern of your tickets (1 adult and 1 child in my case) and there's no child->adult upgrade option available then it becomes even more problematic to sell.

What's particularly annoying, of course, is how ridiculously simple a club-administered ticket exchange would be...

1. Login
2. Select the match you wish to transfer tickets for
3. Input the fan ID(s) that the tickets are to be transferred to.
4. Pay an admin charge by card.
(5. In the background: the ticket database thing moves the ticket allocation from fan A to fan B - all who have their own smart card)
6. Confirmation emails sent to all parties.

Everyone's a winner, right? Maybe the club doesn't win quite as much as it does if the only way, outside of the PSL, is to get a single matchday ticket is via the club at a price of the club's choosing.

I appreciate I'm not typical and, as such, a system should not be designed around my needs, but it could be that up to half of my tickets could go unused, effectively doubling what I'll be paying per match used and that doesn't feel like a value proposition.
That's why you and folk like you would be better off if you and folk like you didn't buy season tickets and contributed to an outcome whereby the best part of 10,000 tickets were available on a match by match basis.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
If you don't have a PSL, the club will allow you to lend your card to other people but they won't issue paper tickets to the person having your seat (as they will for someone with a PSL), so there is some risk to the actual card in doing this.

A system for normal non PSL STH is going to be set up though.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
In other words, thanks v.much to everyone who stood by us when we weren't sure we'd be playing the next game let alone next season; but now kindly off you f*** because richer pickings are on the horizon......

Well we didn't expect anything else surely?

I'm not sure that's 100% true. £395 season tickets aren't exactly discouraging the people who can't afford to pay for the PSL, from getting a season ticket is it?

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Got you, but it appears the club is looking at this, as per post no.80 on this thread.

True, but the club have said they are looking at a ticket exchange system so there may well be a system in place to cater for these situations.

What the quote in post 80 says is "Thank you for your enquiry regarding the season tickets. We do intend to set up a facility whereby tickets can be transferred. This is still in the process of being implemented and I will let you know when the policy has been put in place." That is not the same as "we are looking at a ticket exchange system" at all chaps.

What I was told specifically yesterday by the head of the ticket office is that if I have a PSL, I can sell my ticket for a match. The club will remove it from my swipe card and the will issue a paper ticket for that game. They will charge me a fee for doing so.

Please don't interpret Ken's words as the Albion looking at an Arsenal type system. They may well be - but that quote could also mean exactly what Paul from the ticket office told me yesterday. Ken says they do plan to "set up a facility whereby tickets can be transferred" and then he calls it a "policy". Doesn't seem to me that they are beavering away on an Arsenal/Bozza style system.

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
if the club said they want everyone who plans to go to falmer or who has been just once to have a smart card then surely it must be easy for one person to transfer one ticket from one smart card to another . the 2 people can then transfer the cash or not depending on what they want to do . sounds very simple if you ask me

Absolutely. Unless some kind of ticket exchange facility is put in place, there will be many empty seats around Falmer, because people will inevitably be unable to go to every game, and they will not to be able to afford an extra £495 for the PSL.

My other concern is what to do when I want to bring my three-year-old son along. His attention span is very short atm, for obvious reasons, so I won't be taking him to many games until he's older, but I'd like to take him to the odd one to get his interest going. I was under the impression that I'd be able to swap my ST seat in the North for a seat in the Family Stand (if available, of course) and then buy one next to me for him. The club would then re-sell my ST for that game.

Suppose the only option is to buy two tickets in Family Stand from time to time, and then trust my smart card to someone else for that game...

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I'm not sure that's 100% true. £395 season tickets aren't exactly discouraging the people who can't afford to pay for the PSL, from getting a season ticket is it?

No, £395 is a fair price. It will be interesting to see how many of those reach the open market, though. Or what the single match price would be for those seats if not sold as a ST. Obviously it will be a bit more than just divide by 23, I'm guessing about £23?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Just to clarify that. As a season ticket holder (without a PSL) you have the right to renew your season ticket each season without fail - no matter what division we are in. That is unless you have been banned or whatever. The club will never take it away from you if you pay up.

A PSL means that should we get to the Prem and season tickets have run out, you could sell your right to that seat to someone else.

A by-prodcut of that is that because you own the licence to the seat, you can sell the seat for individual matches too. If you don't have a PSL, the club will allow you to lend your card to other people but they won't issue paper tickets to the person having your seat (as they will for someone with a PSL), so there is some risk to the actual card in doing this.

Thanks for that mate...it does clarify it well.

Cheers

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
There was once talk of the swipe cards being able to be used to buy a beer or a pie at half time, in a kinda cashless stadium way.
Is this still the case? If so, lending the card to someone could mean that they could spend your "money" if you had credit on the card.

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003

Fair point. I'm just Mr Angry today so please McShane, take your valid argument elsewhere!! I am concerned we'll forget everything that makes this club special in exchange for a place at the corporate alter which football's become though. Still, be nice to see 20k+ Albion fans for a change!

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
Absolutely. Unless some kind of ticket exchange facility is put in place, there will be many empty seats around Falmer, because people will inevitably be unable to go to every game, and they will not to be able to afford an extra £495 for the PSL.

My other concern is what to do when I want to bring my three-year-old son along. His attention span is very short atm, for obvious reasons, so I won't be taking him to many games until he's older, but I'd like to take him to the odd one to get his interest going. I was under the impression that I'd be able to swap my ST seat in the North for a seat in the Family Stand (if available, of course) and then buy one next to me for him. The club would then re-sell my ST for that game.

Suppose the only option is to buy two tickets in Family Stand from time to time, and then trust my smart card to someone else for that game...

Easy - you buy my extra seat mate! (email winging it's way to you ref: the latest!)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here