Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Selling your seat at The Amex

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Chelsea have a similiar systen run by VIAGOGO. My mum & dad are STH's at Chelsea are regulary sell their tickets this way for midweek matches. There is no restriction on selling them, VIAGOGO take 10% for the admin work and send out paper tickets to the buyers. There are usually tickets available at the club for most matches but as they have damn good seats above the half way line they alway sell theirs no problems.

Chelsea Tickets - Buy Chelsea Football Tickets

Something like this would be ideal...

This is just the type of thing needed so hopefully the club will be able to advise something positive. I am guaranteed to miss at least two to three games a season with holidays.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
The WORST POSSIBLE outcome would be all the season tickets being sold, only 1,000 - 1,500 tickets being available for general sale, and the ground being half-empty, because there are a lot of season ticket holders who only come occasionally and there is no mechanism for them to sell their seats to people who really want to go.

It seems like a rather big assumption that people are going to spend £400-£595 and then not bothering to turn up half the time. I would imagine that most not attending ST's will find friends to take their cards off their hands for the odd game.

I don't see why we will not end up with a Stub Hub type system eventually, but I guess the club are expecting STH's to turn up to most games as shelling out for it represents a pretty clear expression of interest. If it makes it difficult for profiteers to buy ST's then I'm all for it.

I fully expect a debut season of moans and groans, but ticketing solutions exist already for a whole variety of situations and I have no doubt that as the club grows into it's new surroundings they will get with times.

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
But, like Arsenal, the system only seems to kick in once Fulham FC have disposed of all of their available tickets.

Would you really expect the club to setup an exchange system where they have existing (ie sold) seats (that they would only make margin on) up for sale at the same time as unsold (full price) seats - and for the same price? I can see why Arsenal and Fulham do it that way - and why no club would do it differently.

It strikes me that the PSL is a way of 'taxing' the STHs that want to sell their unused seats and don't have family/friends to hand on to.

Bhafcman

1958-Forever
Apr 19, 2009
I'm gettin a season ticket at falmer however i don't have friends or family who'd go to a Bha match sooo how do i ensure my seat is taken when i can't attend, do I either buy this Psl or jus trust in sumone?????????

ps answer to my question is probably here sumwhere but can't be bothered to skim through 10 pages.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Instead of going round in circles with arguments how about waiting for people to report back from the presentations when I'm sure they will be able to answer questions and help some people

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Instead of going round in circles with arguments how about waiting for people to report back from the presentations when I'm sure they will be able to answer questions and help some people

WTF - common sense and NSC - absolutely never.

Far better to while away the day debating a situation no-one is clear on.

Was not Was

Loitering with intent
Jul 31, 2003
It seems like a rather big assumption that people are going to spend £400-£595 and then not bothering to turn up half the time. I would imagine that most not attending ST's will find friends to take their cards off their hands for the odd game.

It's not a case of not being bothered. It's just impractical for some people (reasons given above in response to Ernest). And my view is that being prepared to commit in advance to attend 12/15/18/20 matches in a season is a sizeable commitment that the club should recongnise. In fact, it should encourage it.

Instead of which:
- when Steve North asked MPerrry about season ticket sharing at Falmer, he got a bland corporate response along the lines of "The only way to guarantee a ticket to watch the Albion at Amex is to buy a season ticket"
- and when the online radio show (oops, forgotten name) asked about sharing, the condescending response was that the club 'tolerates' this.

In other words, the club is choosing to recognise only two status of supporter - full season ticket holder who attends every game, or 'casual fan' who buys on a match-to-match basis. This does not reflect how people live their lives, and does not reflect the relationship that many fans have with their club.

I believe the club is shooting itself in the foot by failing to recognise this. (And, I will change my mind if the club does make a commitment to setting up a ticket exchange)

Was not Was

Loitering with intent
Jul 31, 2003

Some of the details aren't clear but the overall 'style' of what the club is doing is. That gives us plenty to comment on.

Bhafcman

1958-Forever
Apr 19, 2009
aaah thanks for the info. hmm could complicate things IF this is how things are goin to be...

It seems like a rather big assumption that people are going to spend £400-£595 and then not bothering to turn up half the time.
I agree. But, on the other hand, the Club's marketing experts seem to imagine that it is perfectly possible to sell a PSL for £495 that delivers absolutely nothing to the purchaser other than the hope that they might be able to get their money back when they decide not to attend matches any more. If they can flog that, then maybe they can flog a £395 season ticket to someone who only wants to attend a few games.

I would imagine that most not attending ST's will find friends to take their cards off their hands for the odd game.
I guess that ST holders in that position would agree. They may or may not be right. But it would be helpful if there was some mechanism available to make it a bit easier. A rule that says "you can only pass on a child ticket to another child" doesn't help.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
In other words, the club is choosing to recognise only two status of supporter - full season ticket holder who attends every game, or 'casual fan' who buys on a match-to-match basis. This does not reflect how people live their lives, and does not reflect the relationship that many fans have with their club.

What are the others then?

Surely if you buy a ST it's because you can go to most of the games. If you can't it's your problem, not the clubs. If you want to shre a season ticket with someone then just swap the card between you.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005

I forgot my bad.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
It's not a case of not being bothered. It's just impractical for some people (reasons given above in response to Ernest). And my view is that being prepared to commit in advance to attend 12/15/18/20 matches in a season is a sizeable commitment that the club should recongnise. In fact, it should encourage it.

Instead of which:
- when Steve North asked MPerrry about season ticket sharing at Falmer, he got a bland corporate response along the lines of "The only way to guarantee a ticket to watch the Albion at Amex is to buy a season ticket"
- and when the online radio show (oops, forgotten name) asked about sharing, the condescending response was that the club 'tolerates' this.

I believe the club is shooting itself in the foot by failing to recognise this. (And, I will change my mind if the club does make a commitment to setting up a ticket exchange)

Of course the club are going to say the only way to guarantee a seat a Falmer is get a ST, they have a vested interested in making sure the place is full after spending over 90million on it. It appears that the stirring of interest has worked as we now hope to sell out the initial allcoation of ST's which can only benefit both the club in terms of finance and team in terms of support.

I do not think it unreasonable for fans to expect a ticket exchange to be set up either. It should be quite possible to do this with the right systems in place. However the club are more interested in making sure that the primary ticket market sells well before worrying about the secondary market. I can only imagine it is not a priority at the moment, this should change once things are up running.

We need those seats sold to give our first season the right momentum and to provide some payback on the considerable investment into the stadium. We need to more than double our ST base to do this, so whilst we all assume the tickets will fly off the shelves, apart from the 1901 club, they have yet to do so. let's flog the ST's first and worry about the rest later.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
I think capping it at 10,000 (for the first season) would result in an almighty binfest.

As it is, they're capping it at 15,800 (of which around 2,000 or so 1901s have already been taken up), so 4,200 or so will be available to home supporters each match, but I take your point.

Where did the figure of 1,000 to 1,500 general sales come from then, was that just a number bandied around on here ?

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
The latter, I suspect.

Thx - If you're right, then 4,500 odd for general sale seems to be fine for most league type games (for now, the prem might be different). I always thought 1,000 to 1,500 didn't sound very many. I'm sure there are plenty of people not wanting/being able to afford any type of season ticket. I'll only want to go to a few games a season, I suspect.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Where did the figure of 1,000 to 1,500 general sales come from then, was that just a number bandied around on here ?

I quoted that figure from the 1901 presentation I received. There seems some confusion (from the 1901 salespeople) as to whether the 15,800 available Season tickets includes the 1901 sales.

Capacity : 22,500
Away Supporters : 2,500

20,000 available if you deduct the 2,400 1901 seats you have left 17,600, then deduct the 15,800 quote that leaves 1,800 for general sale.

Obviously if the 15,800 cap includes the 1901's then that frees up 2,400 to add to the 1,800

Plus the away end can be segregated to allow extra home supporters if the away club fail to sell their full allocation.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
That's why you and folk like you would be better off if you and folk like you didn't buy season tickets and contributed to an outcome whereby the best part of 10,000 tickets were available on a match by match basis.
Which is exactly what I'll be doing. If the match sells out then I'll listen to it on the radio, and keep my fingers crossed for next time. Not ideal, but it'll encourage me to plan ahead. Good thread btw.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here