Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Selling your seat at The Amex

rool

Jul 10, 2003
Seems this is the model that works.

One question tho, how does it work with the person buying your seat for that game? Do they have a smart card as well that is "credited" for that one game or are they sent say a paper ticket?

I believe a paper ticket is sent out

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Does strike me as a bit of binfestry here.

Like Ernest I intend to go to every game as I will buy a ST. If for whatever I cant go then maybe Im lucky in that I can write off the cost of that game if I cant sell it to mate or give it to someone I trust. Paying by DDM makes it all the easier.

It does seem that some people are worried that they may not get £25 or whatever for that one or two games they may not get to.

Plus with all seater stadiums nowadays UNLESS you buy a ST you realistically cant guarantee a seat next to your mates. You will be a few rows behind, ahead or in a different stand altogether.

Last edited:

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
I have a Fulham season ticket which is a smartcard.

If I can't make a match I can log onto the Fulham ticket exchange and make my seat available for any match. I will get the price I paid for my ticket back (approx £18) with no admin charge made and Fulham sell the seat at the full face value which is anywhere between £45 and £75 depending on the category of the match.

If I know someone who would like to go in my place I hand them my card.

It works beautifully.

That's very good of them to instantly refund your ticket, depsite no guarantee of selling it again. Is there a limit on how many times you can do this a season or anything?

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I believe a paper ticket is sent out

Even better! Tho like Bozza said I would think most people will probably buy/register the oyster type smart card and have it credited for that one game.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
It doesn't say they're not setting it up either. You're quite vociferously promoting the assertion that there won't be a system in place.

I don't see how you can make that judgement on the back of what is a fairly ambiguous and widely interpretable statement by the club.

Because I spoke to Paul in the ticket office specifically about this and I reported what he told me in the first post.

I'm not saying they won't but I am saying that what Ken says in post 80 is not the same as saying "we are setting up a ticket exchange". I think it's fair enough to try to get clarification on this if they are asking me for £500 for a ST and another £500 for a PSL potentially. If they are specifically planning a ticket exchange for all season ticket holders - I'd like to know that before I go to the presentation on the 4th Feb and have to decide if I want a PSL.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
I see mountains being made out of molehills here just for the sake of it. I have a season ticket and if I can't make a game I let a friend use it, normally for no fee at all. If you are buying a ST but don't think you can go to enough games to justify the expense then buy on a game by game basis.

Whilst I'm sure, as always, the the club's operating practices will not work well for some people I really do feel that we sometimes spend too much time seeking out grievances just to moan about them.

At the end of the day if you want to give your ticket to a mate for a game you cannot attend, you can, just as you can now. Selling it on the open market may not be so easy, but hey ho I'm not really that bothered. I would imagine ultimately we would roughly follow the Stub Hub model operated by NFL teams in the states or a variant thereof. But let's get the existing systems up and running first before we get too excited about anything else.

rool

Jul 10, 2003
I don't know, I only had to do this once and it was very straightforward. I'll try and have a look in more detail tonight and get back

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Here's the issue - I'm being asked to consider buying a season ticket for The Amex on Feb 4th. I'm also being given the opportunity to pay a further £500 for a PSL. It's not clear tome what the benefits of this £500 additional expenditure will be so I asked the club. Stillnot totally clear so explored it here with people who may have a view and/or interest. Not binestary - just reasonable discussion about an issue that clearly taxes some people.

I'm think I'm generally regarded as a pretty positive poster and very "glass is half full" type on NSC - so this is not a moanfest. My issue is not the season ticket or even selling the tickets for games where I can't go - although that would be handy. It's all about coughing up £500 for something a bit vague.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I see mountains being made out of molehills here just for the sake of it. I have a season ticket and if I can't make a game I let a friend use it, normally for no fee at all. If you are buying a ST but don't think you can go to enough games to justify the expense then buy on a game by game basis.

Whilst I'm sure, as always, the the club's operating practices will not work well for some people I really do feel that we sometimes spend too much time seeking out grievances just to moan about them.

At the end of the day if you want to give your ticket to a mate for a game you cannot attend, you can, just as you can now. Selling it on the open market may not be so easy, but hey ho I'm not really that bothered. I would imagine ultimately we would roughly follow the Stub Hub model operated by NFL teams in the states or a variant thereof. But let's get the existing systems up and running first before we get too excited about anything else.

Exactly. Its almost reached "why cant Tony Bloom pick up my smart card and drop it off to who I want to have it then after the game get it off that person and hand deliver it back to me".

Bad corporate club.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I have a Fulham season ticket which is a smartcard.

If I can't make a match I can log onto the Fulham ticket exchange and make my seat available for any match. I will get the price I paid for my ticket back (approx £18) with no admin charge made and Fulham sell the seat at the full face value which is anywhere between £45 and £75 depending on the category of the match.

If I know someone who would like to go in my place I hand them my card.

It works beautifully.
One of the reasons Fulham more or less fill Craven Cottage these days, I would think. They're a very well run club these days and have done a brilliant job in attracting the casual fan. I hope the top brass at the Albion look at the way Fulham do things.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Yeah, what's to stop you buying a Fulham ticket and selling back the ticket for all games except, say, Man U, Chelsea and Arsenal?
Nothing, except that I'd imagine you can't just sell 16 match tickets back to the club all at once, meaning that in advance of every single home game you have to get round to selling it on the ticket exchange. That's quite a lot of hassle just to guarantee a ticket for 3 matches.

How to sell:-
Fulham FC Ticket Exchange Tickets on Seatwave.com

How to buy:-
Fulham FC Ticket Exchange Tickets on Seatwave.com

But, like Arsenal, the system only seems to kick in once Fulham FC have disposed of all of their available tickets:-

"Browse through the available matches to find the one you're after. Some matches may not yet be open to sell on the exchange as they have not yet sold out on the club's website. Matches that are available will have the "Sell" button clearly displayed. Clicking on "Sell" will take you through the simple process of listing your spare ticket for sale".

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham

Whilst there are several different points being made in this thread, we (or at least I) was led to believe there wouldn't be very many tickets available on general sale, so it may not be easy to go game-by-game or at least you can't be reasonably sure of getting in.

I started off being quite sanguine about it, but the more of this thread I read, the more frustrated I become, without the benenift of hard info from the club about these points.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Exactly. Its almost reached "why cant Tony Bloom pick up my smart card and drop it off to who I want to have it then after the game get it off that person and hand deliver it back to me".

Bad corporate club.

No, this thread is about people discussing their interpretation of an ambiguous set of statements coming out from the club. Allowing for the fact that paying the club in effect another season ticket for your seat ( all be it for a longer period) they are asking ( yes asking not demanding) that people fork out double what they had originally said in some sort of scaremongering tactic by suggesting that if you want to make sure you can sell your seat if you are holiday then the only way to do it safely with the sanction of the club is to lash out 500 smackers.....kerching.

You can understand that the club are out to milk the Falmer cow as best they can, and edna was dead right, BUT some of us only want to go to the football at quarter to 3 on a saturday for an hour and a half and come away.....constantly being bombarded with all these "great offers to show how much you love the club" is marketting overkill and will only lead to these types of discussions.

Its the same as 1901...if people want it then great, well done....but it is again creating a tier system when we all support the same club and no fan is better than any other fan irrespective of how much they pay for their ticket

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Whilst there are several different points being made in this thread, we (or at least I) was led to believe there wouldn't be very many tickets available on general sale, so it may not be easy to go game-by-game or at least you can't be reasonably sure of getting in.

I started off being quite sanguine about it, but the more of this thread I read, the more frustrated I become, without the benenift of hard info from the club about these points.

If we sell ALL the season tickets there will be around 1000-1500 tickets available for general sale I'd imagine. Which after the 15,000 motivated fans should be ok for most people. Initially I can see this being a problem for some, but once the initial excitement is over things will calm down. Unless of course we continue to be very successful in which case supply and demand will make it difficult for the casual fan to get a ticket.

If we sell ALL the season tickets there will be around 1000-1500 tickets available for general sale I'd imagine. Which after the 15,000 motivated fans should be ok for most people. Initially I can see this being a problem for some, but once the initial excitement is over things will calm down. Unless of course we continue to be very successful in which case supply and demand will make it difficult for the casual fan to get a ticket.
The WORST POSSIBLE outcome would be all the season tickets being sold, only 1,000 - 1,500 tickets being available for general sale, and the ground being half-empty, because there are a lot of season ticket holders who only come occasionally and there is no mechanism for them to sell their seats to people who really want to go.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
No, this thread is about people discussing their interpretation of an ambiguous set of statements coming out from the club. Allowing for the fact that paying the club in effect another season ticket for your seat ( all be it for a longer period) they are asking ( yes asking not demanding) that people fork out double what they had originally said in some sort of scaremongering tactic by suggesting that if you want to make sure you can sell your seat if you are holiday then the only way to do it safely with the sanction of the club is to lash out 500 smackers.....kerching.

You can understand that the club are out to milk the Falmer cow as best they can, and edna was dead right, BUT some of us only want to go to the football at quarter to 3 on a saturday for an hour and a half and come away.....constantly being bombarded with all these "great offers to show how much you love the club" is marketting overkill and will only lead to these types of discussions.

Its the same as 1901...if people want it then great, well done....but it is again creating a tier system when we all support the same club and no fan is better than any other fan irrespective of how much they pay for their ticket

I'm not really sure how the PSL fits into this argument. The PSL (which I assume is what we are talking about here) merely entitles to you sell the rights to sit in your seat to a person of your own choosing once you have decided to vacate it. It maybe that in the future you will be able to do this at a profit, but I cannot really see this offer being of much interest to the general fanbase. I don't see how this creates another tier of superfans as the PSL doesn't appear to have any current benefits only legacy ones.

mwrpoole

Sep 10, 2010
Sevenoaks
Indeed. But Arsenal only operate the facility when games are sold out (which - in Arsenal's situation - is quite often).

What I'd really like to see is a ticket exchange facility available at every game.

Arsenal Ticket Exchange | Tickets | Membership | Arsenal.com

Chelsea have a similiar systen run by VIAGOGO. My mum & dad are STH's at Chelsea are regulary sell their tickets this way for midweek matches. There is no restriction on selling them, VIAGOGO take 10% for the admin work and send out paper tickets to the buyers. There are usually tickets available at the club for most matches but as they have damn good seats above the half way line they alway sell theirs no problems.

Chelsea Tickets - Buy Chelsea Football Tickets

Something like this would be ideal...

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM

Post No.92 on this thread, old love. :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here