Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Segregation - away fans

3,000 Chelsea at Pompey yesterday, and no trouble. Bracknell's right, it'd pretty much a thing of the past.
Some of today's wannabee hoolies make me laugh, mouthing off and pointing from their safe part of the ground - most of them wouldn't have said boo in the wild west days before any segregation.

An amount of reason has crept into football in England since the dark days - it's because of better policies regarding clubs' documentation of troublemakers.

Gesturing to away fans in an aggressive manner is silly, immature, and will get the people who do it, noticed.
Seriously, I wouldn't want to draw negative attention by poor language and behavior at an Albion match - or outside actually as any association with our club and hoolie behavior will result in bannings. Thus, the baddies won't be coming to the football and won't be able to associate themselves with The Albion.

In Sweden, they've let it go and the louts and yob element have run the game - to the point that families don't go to football, kids are warned off it or protected by not attending.
Howabout that - the future of the game here has been 'kidnapped' by swaggering tosspots calling themselves 'a firm', and the top division matches are attended by a mighty huge 5,000 or so. 20 or 30 might be away fans, unless it's a city derby, which can swell the crowd to 30,000 odd with all regulars from both sides plus the 'occasionals' attending in larger numbers - and then it really goes off with bombs and flares and running battles to ensure headlines ....that keep families away for another season.
This is why Sweden will NOT be a force to reckon with in World Football terms, will decline in finances and interest, lose their better players to foreign clubs, and not be able to get better players from abroad. Okay so people might suggest that Brazil have done okay by farming out their best to top European clubs - but in this Scandinavian country there will not be so many coming through youth teams as interest dwindles.
It's starting to turn around - but as slowly as a turning tanker, and the police have just recently announced they will charge their services to the clubs and not the taxpayer. That's only right - but again it means even less revenue available for team-building, and possible rises in ticket prices.

Last edited:

Jan 30, 2008
3,000 Chelsea at Pompey yesterday, and no trouble. Bracknell's right, it'd pretty much a thing of the past.
Some of today's wannabee hoolies make me laugh, mouthing off and pointing from their safe part of the ground - most of them wouldn't have said boo in the wild west days before any segregation.
you keep believing that.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
On a personal level I hope away fans are let out of the ground straight away. By the time I get back down to ground level from the back of the WSU, any potential fisticuffs outside will be long over and done with :laugh:

Jan 30, 2008
An amount of reason has crept into football in England since the dark days - it's because of better policies regarding clubs' documentation of troublemakers.

Gesturing to away fans in an aggressive manner is silly, immature, and will get the people who do it, noticed.
Seriously, I wouldn't want to draw negative attention by poor language and behavior at an Albion match - or outside actually as any association with our club and hoolie behavior will result in bannings. Thus, the baddies won't be coming to the football and won't be able to associate themselves with The Albion.

In Sweden, they've let it go and the louts and yob element have run the game - to the point that families don't go to football, kids are warned off it or protected by not attending.
Howabout that - the future of the game here has been 'kidnapped' by swaggering tosspots calling themselves 'a firm', and the top division matches are attended by a mighty huge 5,000 or so. 20 or 30 might be away fans, unless it's a city derby, which can swell the crowd to 30,000 odd with all regulars from both sides plus the 'occasionals' attending in larger numbers - and then it really goes off with bombs and flares and running battles to ensure headlines ....that keep families away for another season.
This is why Sweden will NOT be a force to reckon with in World Football terms, will decline in finances and interest, lose their better players to foreign clubs, and not be able to get better players from abroad. Okay so people might suggest that Brazil have done okay by farming out their best to top European clubs - but in this Scandinavian country there will not be so many coming through youth teams as interest dwindles.
It's starting to turn around - but as slowly as a turning tanker, and the police have just recently announced they will charge their services to the clubs and not the taxpayer. That's only right - but again it means even less revenue available for team-building, and possible rises in ticket prices.
interesting read , there's been some Swedish with BHA in the past .

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
:)

As you go through life,
It’s a long long road,
There’ll be joys and sorrows too,
As we journey on,
We will sing this song,
For the boys in royal blue,
We’re often partisan,
We will journey on,
Keep right on to the end of the road,
Keep right on to the end,
Though the way be long,
Let your heart beat strong,
Keep right on to the end,
Though you’re tired and weary,
Still journey on, ’til you come to your happy abode,
Where all the love, you’ve been dreaming of will be there.
WHERE? At the end of the road, Birmingham! Birmingham!

SOTV

Yeah, like THAT happens all the time... :lolol:

Arthritic Toe

Nov 25, 2005
Swindon
So many things have changed. It is far less confrontational these days and the stewarding and policing are vastly improved, with potential troublemakers quickly identified and ejected. Visiting supporters (yes, even Palace) must be appreciated and made welcome by the club and the fans. The away ticket revenue is crucial. If they have a great day out, they will come back next season and bring their friends.

Gone are the moronic days of the 80's, when every away goal was greeted with a rousing chorus of "You're gonna get your effin 'ead kicked in" - and every player who dared to be non-white caucasian, was racially abused. It wasnt particularly any individuals fault, it was just the collective herd mentality that existed then. Thankfully this culture has gone forever.

If there is any trouble at the Spurs friendly, I'll eat my hat.

Hunting 784561

Jul 8, 2003
So many things have changed. It is far less confrontational these days and the stewarding and policing are vastly improved, with potential troublemakers quickly identified and ejected. Visiting supporters (yes, even Palace) must be appreciated and made welcome by the club and the fans. The away ticket revenue is crucial. If they have a great day out, they will come back next season and bring their friends.

Gone are the moronic days of the 80's, when every away goal was greeted with a rousing chorus of "You're gonna get your effin 'ead kicked in" - and every player who dared to be non-white caucasian, was racially abused. It wasnt particularly any individuals fault, it was just the collective herd mentality that existed then. Thankfully this culture has gone forever.

If there is any trouble at the Spurs friendly, I'll eat my hat.

I'll bring some ketchup...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here