Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Segregation - away fans

I started this thread because as far as I know we've heard nothing about where the away fans will park, park and ride or if they will be encouraged to follow a particular rail route.
Several of NSC's many transport questions to the Club are about the travel arrangements for away fans. The public statements made by the Club so far have mostly been assertions that 100 per cent of away fans are assumed to be arriving by coach. This is plainly not going to be the case. But we are still waiting for a response.

Jan 30, 2008
Several of NSC's many transport questions to the Club are about the travel arrangements for away fans. The public statements made by the Club so far have mostly been assertions that 100 per cent of away fans are assumed to be arriving by coach. This is plainly not going to be the case. But we are still waiting for a response.
that is so short sighted and to be honest a bit worrying :facepalm:

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex

coach travel:
1) is very expensive compared to car (when groups travel),
2) doesn't allow for staying the weekend (the money spent in the town was a key point during the enquiry)
3) doesn't allow for drinking/shopping in Brighton
4) just won't work, esp for evening games when people are in a hurry, not travelling from home, etc, etc

This is getting urgent. Tickets go on sale to Donny fans tomorrow.

Doncaster Rovers | Tickets | Away Tickets | Away Tickets | BRIGHTON HOVE ALBION (A)

BRIGHTON & HOVE ALBION (A)
Posted on: Fri 15 Jul 2011

Ticket Information

We have received an initial allocation of 1000 tickets from Brighton & Hove Albion. This match is ALL TICKET.

Tickets will go on sale as follows:
Monday 18th July - Season Ticket Holders (1 per Book).
Monday 25th July - Season Ticket Holders and Alliance Members (1 per person).
Wednesday 27th July - General Sale

PRICES
ADULTS £24
SENIOR 65+ £17
UNDER 18's (10yrs-17yrs) £12
UNDER 10's (9 and under) £8

Ambulant and Wheelchair disabled pay the above appropriate price + free carer.

Please note that under NO circumstances will any tickets be available on the day to purchase.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
Segregation? Will there be whites-only turnstiles?

And howabout a Jewish section in the stands? We don't want any SAMARITANS getting in that section

:jester:

They'll probably be selling them Otters Noses, Badger Spleens and Wolf Nipple Chips on matchdays in the away end !!

Nov 2, 2008
Running BN1
And Leeds and Cardiff and Birmingham, plus I'm sure Pompey and the other south coast club will bring a fair few morons with them too - the Championship is chock-a-block from bottom to top with hooligan supporters from yesteryear....

Sure a lot of people come of 10 year bans for this season????

Tummy Burger

Aug 1, 2003
Haywards Heath
I was talking retrospectively, as in "yesteryear", can't believe anyone is still into that scene nowadays....

Fair enough, I agree I do not really think people are into "that scene" anymore. But mixing beered up footy fans up at the station is asking for trouble. Only takes one bloke to have a row and then it will start kicking off. No different to being out on the town on a friday night. Happens all the time.

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
There's always a good mix of Millwall and away fans on the trains, though. And I sometimes walk to Millwall from Canada Water station, across Southwark Park and down Silwood Street, for old times sake - my grandparents lived in Lower Road. No sign of trouble doing that.

Notts County last season - no-one told us that we had a segregated pub, not even the County AND Forest fans in the pubs we visited.

I've not been to Cardiff City for years, so won't comment. If I do go, I'll probably meet up with my sister-in-law's brother (who used to play for them) and go in the home end.

Palace post-match is irritating, but, again, I've always seemed to miss trouble pre-match - walking from any of the stations. The only trouble I've seen seems to arise from the post-match segregation.

Maybe it's just me?

So the north carpark being closed at St Mary's isn't segregation?

I see nothing but an ex birmingham city supporter
:)

As you go through life,
It’s a long long road,
There’ll be joys and sorrows too,
As we journey on,
We will sing this song,
For the boys in royal blue,
We’re often partisan,
We will journey on,
Keep right on to the end of the road,
Keep right on to the end,
Though the way be long,
Let your heart beat strong,
Though you’re tired and weary,
Still journey on, ’til you come to your happy abode,
Where all the love, you’ve been dreaming of will be there.
WHERE? At the end of the road, Birmingham! Birmingham!

SOTV

Nov 2, 2008
Running BN1
:)

As you go through life,
It’s a long long road,
There’ll be joys and sorrows too,
As we journey on,
We will sing this song,
For the boys in royal blue,
We’re often partisan,
We will journey on,
Keep right on to the end of the road,
Though the way be long,
Let your heart beat strong,
Though you’re tired and weary,
Still journey on, ’til you come to your happy abode,
Where all the love, you’ve been dreaming of will be there.
WHERE? At the end of the road, Birmingham! Birmingham!

SOTV

Thanks for that.

FV still exists.

krakatoa

Jan 21, 2010
HOVE
I was imagining only a handful of Spurs fans showing up. Lower league team, friendly, just a run out for 22 if their squad, no importance ... dunno, did Chelsea turn up at Pompey yesterday?

3,000 Chelsea at Pompey yesterday, and no trouble. Bracknell's right, it'd pretty much a thing of the past.
Some of today's wannabee hoolies make me laugh, mouthing off and pointing from their safe part of the ground - most of them wouldn't have said boo in the wild west days before any segregation.

rcf0712

Out Here In The Perimeter
Feb 26, 2009
Perth, Western Australia
Fair enough, I agree I do not really think people are into "that scene" anymore. But mixing beered up footy fans up at the station is asking for trouble. Only takes one bloke to have a row and then it will start kicking off. No different to being out on the town on a friday night. Happens all the time.

agreed

Northstandite

Jun 6, 2011
Anybody would think we haven't played Millwall for decades. The last time we played them we travelled to Withdean on the bus with loads of them and walked back towards Brighton with many more. We don't have a problem with Millwall down here.

True.
Let's not go round making more enemies, and leave it at Palace & Adkins.

For example, the noises creating an anti-West Ham theme may bite us in the face next season, if they do the double over us & gain promotion. The like of Kevin Nolan & Carlton Cole will be class acts at this level, so let's not get ahead of ourselves, and turn bigger clubs into enemies.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
I asked a steward yesterday how the segregation will work after a game when travelling by train. The 'official line' was that all fans will mix and if any 'home' fans are caught up in trouble they will receive an immediate 1 year ban from the ground which in their words "will be more like a 5 year ban due to the waiting list for season tickets" .....

Fans mix on the trains when we go to Millwall. If it can work there, it can certainly work in Brighton.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
3,000 Chelsea at Pompey yesterday, and no trouble. Bracknell's right, it'd pretty much a thing of the past.
Some of today's wannabee hoolies make me laugh, mouthing off and pointing from their safe part of the ground - most of them wouldn't have said boo in the wild west days before any segregation.

I think you may be in for a shock this year.

xenophon

speed of life
Jul 11, 2009
BR8
The season hasn't even started yet and...

I must say the Championship is lining up to be a season of agg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here