Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Segregation - away fans

slinky

The Only Way Is Brighton
Jan 19, 2011
BN2
lets be honest, if there are certain sections of away and our own home fans that will be looking for a dust up. We cannot stop that Neanderthal behaviour. All i hope is that they don't bring it to our doorstep, and just take it somewhere out of the way. Stanmer park would be a good spot. let them get on with it, and then we can watch the football in peace.

lets be honest, if there are certain sections of away and our own home fans that will be looking for a dust up. We cannot stop that Neanderthal behaviour. All i hope is that they don't bring it to our doorstep, and just take it somewhere out of the way. Stanmer park would be a good spot. let them get on with it, and then we can watch the football in peace.
... and there will be so few of them, that we won't even notice.

As I say ... it's disappeared.

Tummy Burger

Aug 1, 2003
Haywards Heath
I am sure people have previously posted on here that away fans will not be held in after the game. For the most part, I do not think it will be a problem. Having said that , when Millwall and Palace, and poss West Ham come to town I think it may be different. Most will travel by train and Falmer station will just be a mix of fans in a bit of a bottle neck. Guaranteed pockets of trouble methinks.

rcf0712

Out Here In The Perimeter
Feb 26, 2009
Perth, Western Australia
I am sure people have previously posted on here that away fans will not be held in after the game. For the most part, I do not think it will be a problem. Having said that , when Millwall and Palace, and poss West Ham come to town I think it may be different. Most will travel by train and Falmer station will just be a mix of fans in a bit of a bottle neck. Guaranteed pockets of trouble methinks.

And Leeds and Cardiff and Birmingham, plus I'm sure Pompey and the other south coast club will bring a fair few morons with them too - the Championship is chock-a-block from bottom to top with hooligan supporters from yesteryear....

Tummy Burger

Aug 1, 2003
Haywards Heath
And Leeds and Cardiff and Birmingham, plus I'm sure Pompey and the other south coast club will bring a fair few morons with them too - the Championship is chock-a-block from bottom to top with hooligan supporters from yesteryear....

Pompey yes. The others I do not think will be too much of a problem. Not because their fans are better, but simply because they will not all come down enmasse via the train like the more local one's. Much the same as when we travel to all the local one's. Most seem to go by train and all together. When we travel to Birmingham or Cardiff people go by car / coach minibus and some by train etc, and it will be the same for them coming down this way. Do not think that will be the same proposition.

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
Really? I'm sorry I know it was a long time ago but I don't ever recall this happening.

This definitely did happen, I used to live in Wilbury ave and witnessed lines of police all along the road for certain games, i.e Pompey, palace etc

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
For high security games, won't the police just hold away fans in the ground until the number of home fans has dwindled to a manageable level?

I wonder what time they'll have to hold them till given the anticipated lines for trains - 9.00pm? :lolol:

Feb 14, 2010
The cameras should stop trouble at Falmer and less segregation stops the lots that shout "come on then". There will be trouble but probably at arranged places like the Aberdeen and Pompey games. In fact even years ago the trouble was often away from the ground, like the palace friendly with the CS gas. There is no need for for most people to be inconvenienced by a few and really they should just let those who want to do it get on with it at some industrial estate somewhere, takes the glamour away then

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
... and there will be so few of them, that we won't even notice.

As I say ... it's disappeared.

Nearly all hooliganism disappeared with the advent of CCTV
There are still of course isolated instances of trouble but it'll be out of view from the red-eye
Im sure there will be next to no trouble at the Amex

The Growler

Jun 3, 2010
I asked a steward yesterday how the segregation will work after a game when travelling by train. The 'official line' was that all fans will mix and if any 'home' fans are caught up in trouble they will receive an immediate 1 year ban from the ground which in their words "will be more like a 5 year ban due to the waiting list for season tickets" .....

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I am sure people have previously posted on here that away fans will not be held in after the game.

if they are planning to keep them in until everyone has got away, they'll have to put bunks in the South Stand...

albionite

May 20, 2009
When we play Palace on a Tuesday night at home, I can see us being held back after the game to let them go home first. It will be a bit silly just to let the fans mix at Falmer station and take the lets see what happens approach.

Last edited:

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
The spurs game will be a huge test, if as I expect, there will be trouble around the ground, you can expect jail sentances to be handed out, even when guilt by association. The club and the police will use this as an example and set an example for anybody else thinking of causing trouble around the stadium. Now away from the amex, that will be different !

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
When we play Palace on a Tuesday night at home, I can see us being held back after the game to let them go home first. It will be a bit silly just to let the fans mix at Falmer station and take the lets see what happens approach.

they wont hold back 20,000 fans

rcf0712

Out Here In The Perimeter
Feb 26, 2009
Perth, Western Australia
Pompey yes. The others I do not think will be too much of a problem. Not because their fans are better, but simply because they will not all come down enmasse via the train like the more local one's. Much the same as when we travel to all the local one's. Most seem to go by train and all together. When we travel to Birmingham or Cardiff people go by car / coach minibus and some by train etc, and it will be the same for them coming down this way. Do not think that will be the same proposition.

I was talking retrospectively, as in "yesteryear", can't believe anyone is still into that scene nowadays....

Tomnorthi

Jan 2, 2010
BN15
There was even police next to me on the gantry yesterday filming towards the south stand, and some of the west stand. Its come to a point where any trouble will be caught on film, and this is the best evidence the police can have.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here