Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

See what they think at HTFC

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Sleep quite well thanks...as regards nothing better to do...well when your retired you have time to do as you please,when you please.
Remember all it takes for evil to spread by idiots,is for good men to do nothing! Now you do it your way and I'll do it mine.

You are very embarrassing

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
To be honest that thread is pretty f***ing disgraceful, even if it reflects poorly on the contributors to it. I do not think that kind of language is acceptable and goes beyond the realms of banter imo. Following on from Lee Clark's sly dig at Poyet suggesting his birthplace may have something to do with his behaviour means that I too join those in condemning Hudds to another season in L1.

Simster's already dealt with this one.

Not ironic at all. That monkey term is CLEARLY referring to Poyet's looks, and not his race.

At the end of the day about 10 people have posted in that thread and shown they have the wit of a cucumber. That doesn't represent every single Huddersfield Town fan, just like those twats on the EDL march with the Albion flag don't represent every Brighton fan.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
A couple of offensive comments on the internet shocker!! You'd never read anything like that on here :wozza:

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
The thread has now gone.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Sleep quite well thanks...as regards nothing better to do...well when your retired you have time to do as you please,when you please.
Remember all it takes for evil to spread by idiots,is for good men to do nothing! Now you do it your way and I'll do it mine.
*cringe*

So your way is to trawl through opposition message boards and tell tales about people being nasty about Brighton's manager. Thanks for that wonderful contribution to society. f***ing hell you're retired, go and offer to work in a charity shop or something.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
A couple of offensive comments on the internet shocker!! You'd never read anything like that on here :wozza:

Within 2 posts whoever posted something like that would have a series of posts calling them what they are. The shocking thing about that thread was there was not a single post that complained about the rhetoric. We've had loads on here, but the majority normally tell them to sling their hook so to speak!

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
Racist? But poyet is white, how exactly are they being racist?

... and he does look well like a monkey.

A black female friend of mine got called a WOG the other day. Going on your basis this wouldn't be racist, then, as she's clearly not a western oriental gentleman?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Leeds isn't a northern inbred shithole, it's actually pretty cool and only partly spoilt by the local football club. I'm not going to argue with the rest of your list though.

The centre of Leeds has lots going for it. Plenty of the rest of it, falls very much into inbred shithole territory.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London

Evil!? Evil is abusing and murdering a girl in your taxi on her way home from a nightclub. Calling Poyet a monkey!? Evil? He does look a bit like a monkey. So does Gareth Bale, so does Peter Reid. Anyone saying that is racist is racist themselves for having that train of thought.

Lee Clark is a northern monkey. Racist? No, because he is vanilla but Poyet is a bit swarthy so oooh anyone calling him a monkey must be a racist.

Pathetic.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
The centre of Leeds has lots going for it. Plenty of the rest of it, falls very much into inbred shithole territory.
I know, my wife took me on a tour of some of these areas as she was at University there.

But you can say that about literally every city in the country, north or south. The fact that the main central areas are pretty good are what defines the city, IMO. It's charming around the corn exchange, the theatre area, that covered shopping arcase with the Harvey Nics and so on. And the town centre is vibrant. Compare it to, say, Luton, Middlesbrough, or Portsmouth and you know what I'm getting at.

Mar 29, 2010
Under your skin.
"Oh no, they were mean about somebody" Boo f***ing hoo. The constant need for praise on this site is so childish and makes us look tin-pot.

We're not going to have points taken away for having non-English players or for being disliked by other fans, so why should we give a flying shit about Huddersfield and what they think about Poyet?

Oh and for all you sad sacks who actually care about pointless things like this, even though they have a message on their forum saying "Welcome to DownAtTheMac - The Biggest. The Busiest. The Best", The Big Board has 3,000,000 more posts than the whole of their forum.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here