Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Seb Carole

Basil Fawlty

Don't Mention The War
this is said Aussie chap, did he look like him??

cole300_1219032274.jpg

if that is him, then I'm sure the commentator on the A League Highlights said he has played his last game for Sydney FC!

Spiros

Jul 9, 2003
Too far from the sun
Not much cop if we play long ball though is it?
Although given the choices available to the back four at the moment the long ball is probably the safest thing to do. Perhaps someone like Carole in front of them will actually be worth passing to? Much as I admire the commitment of El Abd and Fraser, it must be dead frustrating for a defender to make a short and quick pass to them, only to get it back a few moments later when they have a forward breathing down their neck forcing them to hoof it. Carole might actually try and take the ball on in the other direction

Barnham Seagull

Yapton Actually
Dec 28, 2005
Yapton
Carole was good on his day, but has failed to hold down a plaqce in Darlo's team.

I think I'll wait and see before I get excited or level any cristisism.

Nice to see some activity thow!

luke17

Oct 9, 2003
Really says a lot about Adams, he couldnt even get a regular place at bloody Darlington so isnt that saying something about him? He's SHITEEEEEEE

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
That automatically counts for a lot, doesn't it?

Bobby Zamora couldn't hold down a place at Bristol Rovers - and look how shit he became.
BZ was unknown to about 99.9% of Albion supporters when he first arrived, whereas we all know that Carole blows hot & cold and not many of us were that upset when he walked away from us to join Leeds.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
good news as when he wanted to, carole was a QUALITY player last time around. a little more consistency and he would be far above our level

only concern is that he has left darlington because he couldnt get into their first team - hopefully that is more because of a personel clash or something, as opposed to the fact that he was only considered good enough to be a RESERVE player at a league two club

luke17

Oct 9, 2003
That automatically counts for a lot, doesn't it?

Bobby Zamora couldn't hold down a place at Bristol Rovers - and look how shit he became.

Think your find its the other way around, he was loaned out to us to gain experience in a lower league and at the time they had 2 very good strikers in Cureton and Roberts and playing in a higher league, where as Carole cant get into a League 2 side so what good is he going to do in a League 1 side? ???

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Hopefully he'll show what he can do this week and earn a longer stay, I think he could be a useful player to have around.

Barnham Seagull

Yapton Actually
Dec 28, 2005
Yapton
Think your find its the other way around, he was loaned out to us to gain experience in a lower league and at the time they had 2 very good strikers in Cureton and Roberts and playing in a higher league, where as Carole cant get into a League 2 side so what good is he going to do in a League 1 side? ???

That the worry!

But Im going to cling on to a little positivity for a bit :laugh:

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
Ok, this is getting daft.

I'm as pissed-off as the next guy - and probably more than most - about Adams and our poor form.

However, there is simply no need to be negative over everything that the Club does.

Seb was a better winger than anyone at the Club at the moment, when we had him here before - so why would we not want him back? Who cares about Darlington? We KNOW he can play.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
Seb was a better winger than anyone at the Club at the moment, when we had him here before - so why would we not want him back? Who cares about Darlington? We KNOW he can play.

we know he COULD play

hopefully he is still the same player he was - to be honest, if he was 75% the player he was id still have him in our team. a good trial period and a contract till the end of the season and EVERYONE will be a winner

luke17

Oct 9, 2003
Ok, this is getting daft.

I'm as pissed-off as the next guy - and probably more than most - about Adams and our poor form.

However, there is simply no need to be negative over everything that the Club does.

Thats the joys of this forum its open on debate on everything to do with football, life and the Albion and from what i've read on this thread not every thinks its a bad idea about having him back i guess he's a bit like Marmite in the end you either like him or you dont.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here