Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
From official site, clicketh here

Carole Back on Trial
Posted on: Mon 26 Jan 2009
By Paul Camillin

0,,10433~5290283,00.jpg

Former Albion winger Seb Carole is back at the club this week on trial in a bid to win a permanent deal.

The Frenchman, a popular figure at the Albion before departing for Leeds United in 2006, made 41 appearances during his two years at Elland Road, and scored three goals.

He was released by Leeds in August of last year and has since been training with Bradford City, before linking up with Darlington for seven games during December and January - but left the Quakers, frustrated at a lack of first-team starts.

Boss Micky Adams said, "He's not somebody I've worked with before, but everyone at the club speaks highly of him so we will take a look at him this week."

Prior to joining Albion the first time in August 2005, Carole had spent three years with Monaco, during which time he also spent time on loan at West Ham United and Châteauroux.

He made 40 appearances for Albion under Mark McGhee, scoring twice - most notably a memorable goal against Hull City in a 2-1 Withdean win.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
this news has made me very happy..................thankyou

Forster's Armband

Sep 23, 2008
London
Seems odd that the other (LB) player has not been mentioned by the club. Seems with him, Jarrett and Birchall that Adam's may well be looking to get the ball down and play a bit more from now on! All good news.

SI 4 BHA

Nov 12, 2003
westdene, brighton
Please can someone explain why this is a good thing? Looked ok in middle third of pitch but absolutely no end product, completely bottled any challenge and can't even get a game at Darlington! I can hardly contain my excitement!

Forster's Armband

Sep 23, 2008
London
Please can someone explain why this is a good thing? Looked ok in middle third of pitch but absolutely no end product, completely bottled any challenge and can't even get a game at Darlington! I can hardly contain my excitement!

Because having aplayer like Carole means the opposition get worried by his FLAIR and concentrate on stopping him leaving players like Jarrett, Murray, Foster and Cox plenty of space to exploite!!!

Name of the LB by the way?

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
Shannon Cole

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field

We have been desperately short of wingers, he can cross a ball, we are not exactly an exciting prospect for many other potential targets.

Carole at least being looked at is at least showing intent the games I saw him he had some flair but always wanted to go that extra defender more instead of passing ... perhaps a 3 month contract just to see if he does mix things up a bit or pay as you play

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
Carole is exactly the type of player we are lacking at the moment. Skillful, quick and takes players on. This is really exciting news, i'd love to see him back in the stripes. Now we have buried the hatchet with Carole, what about bringing Bertin back??!!

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
And he can take a corner kick that might beat the first man?!?!?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here