Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Season Ticket Renewals - Family Stand moved from E1G to E1H!

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
So again, to be fair, when the stadium first opened the Family Area was only E1A, E1B and half of E1C. STs have then always been sold from the other half of E1C up to E1G. As far as I remember, E1G and E1H was always staff and club guests, player's families, then match day sales.

As the stadium expanded, the club then decided to create a new Family section due to demand, and the only place that could go was E1G or E1H, of course it would have been a lot easier to stick it next to E1C but with that block mostly ST holders, you'd be turfing out all those people to enlarge the family area.

So actually what you're suggesting is you relocate a load of ST holders in the other half of E1C/E1D, some of whom will have had their seats since the stadium opened to create this enlarged family area. I can imagine that going down well.

If the club was really mercenary they could of course scrap the additional family area altogether and just sell the tickets in E1G and E1H full price or reduce the ST waiting list.

You're absolutely right. There was always going to be a section who would be short-changed by any movement of fans.

My mind might be playing tricks on me, but weren't E1G and E1H away stands when the ground first opened? Or at some point? I'm sure they haven't always been behind the South Stand goal...

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
You're absolutely right. There was always going to be a section who would be short-changed by any movement of fans.

My mind might be playing tricks on me, but weren't E1G and E1H away stands when the ground first opened? Or at some point? I'm sure they haven't always been behind the South Stand goal...

People might be right, it might be a cynical move by the club, but then again a feasibility study to improve accessibility may have resulted in the recommendation that creating a family area in E1H is the best opportunity to increase wheelchair access etc. it looks bad from the outside, but the intentions maybe genuine. As there are no ST holders in E1H, the only disturbed set of fans arethe ones moving rather than a 2nd set also being displaced.

I'm second guessing what has gone on. I'd rather know for sure than jump to conclusions.

I don't remember the away fans ever being in E1G or E1H. I remember it being talked about, maybe even a survey etc. but I don't think it ever has been in those blocks. Doncaster fans were definitely behind that goal in the South Stand opening game - I remember that much!

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Isn't E1H where they put the players families and guests? Seems to be where all the waves and kisses get sent. Perhaps they've asked for better seats?

Nope players families sit in E3H now and have done for at least several seasons. It is free tickets for club staff, and their guests, in E1H as well as match per match tickets.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Each year I get this wrong, when can I look at available seats to move? From day one we were in the ESL, when built we moved to ESU and now, as teenagers my lads want to move to the NS, our friends are in there and I want to get three seats close to them, when can we do this is it only when all STs have been taken up, I guess around May time? Yes called the office and was told only when "the STs have been sold"?

Screenshot 2020-02-04 at 10.12.54.png

The renewals page says STH wanting to move to the North Stand should contact the club on 17 March. Phone them at 9am on the dot and you might get lucky!

https://tickets.brightonandhovealbion.com/subscriptions

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
People might be right, it might be a cynical move by the club, but then again a feasibility study to improve accessibility may have resulted in the recommendation that creating a family area in E1H is the best opportunity to increase wheelchair access etc. it looks bad from the outside, but the intentions maybe genuine. As there are no ST holders in E1H, the only disturbed set of fans arethe ones moving rather than a 2nd set also being displaced.

I'm second guessing what has gone on. I'd rather know for sure than jump to conclusions.

I don't remember the away fans ever being in E1G or E1H. I remember it being talked about, maybe even a survey etc. but I don't think it ever has been in those blocks. Doncaster fans were definitely behind that goal in the South Stand opening game - I remember that much!

My first ST was in E1H or G.....and when they built ESU i was moved so they could offer that corner to away fans...i thought that was to deal with cup games where they had to offer an increased allocation, as in building ESU ..filling in the corners the capacity increased..anyway it was more than just an idea

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
My first ST was in E1H or G.....and when they built ESU i was moved so they could offer that corner to away fans...i thought that was to deal with cup games where they had to offer an increased allocation, as in building ESU ..filling in the corners the capacity increased..anyway it was more than just an idea

You're right, but it never replaced the South Stand as the away end, it was for those additional capacity requirements for cup games, remember now. Didn't know it had originally been STs moved out of there.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
You're right, but it never replaced the South Stand as the away end, it was for those additional capacity requirements for cup games, remember now. Didn't know it had originally been STs moved out of there.

I guess we were offered a nice carrot...first dibs ESU ....so i ended up close to halfway line.....never told me that it was going to cost more :(

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel

Worthing exile

May 12, 2009
I suppose Barbers next move will be to move us old fogeys who get discounted over 65 seats in good areas to some crap corner.
Of course he will say it is nearer to the ambulances but in reality it will be to sell our tickets at full price.

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I suppose Barbers next move will be to move us old fogeys who get discounted over 65 seats in good areas to some crap corner.
Of course he will say it is nearer to the ambulances but in reality it will be to sell our tickets at full price.

Barber's Ace up his sleeve will be making the OAP corner into a flask and blanket permitted area.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Barber's Ace up his sleeve will be making the OAP corner into a flask and blanket permitted area.

With a special premium payment to cover the cost of the extra stewarding required to handle the flask though you will get a free complimentary biscuit each match (choice of custard cream or nice).

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I am not an OAP but I'm in. Frankly, some of the recent games haven't been that great, coupled with the cooler weather, a cuppa would have somewhat ameliorated my woes.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
E1H aka "the dead zone"

You have my sympathies, I'm not a season ticket holder and as such have sat in pretty much every block around the ground. E1H is the last resort when hunting a ticket. You can't hear the North or West sing, you're sat amongst day trippers and as the nearest point of contact to the away end attract the fire of their "finest".

Enjoy!

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011
So a side issue as a North Stander I have received a renewal application form today but nothing else. No pack, no prices just an a4 form. Anyone else had the same??

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick

Your mind isn’t playing tricks on you. For a few games the southern part of the East was used as an away end.

The two league games that stick out are Cardiff and Sheffield Wednesday and I think they were both in the evening.

It was also used as part of a larger allocation for Arsenal in the FA Cup, both times, I think.

juliant

Apr 4, 2011
Northamptonshire
So a side issue as a North Stander I have received a renewal application form today but nothing else. No pack, no prices just an a4 form. Anyone else had the same??

I got an email yesterday. Had full prices on it and basically said to auto renew direct debit do nothing and if wanting to pay in one lump click the link, Deadline 5pm 11th March

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
Absolute hogwash.

Many long standing fans in that area, a substantial amount of which attend most/all away matches.

Long standing fans that don’t sing?

I talking more about S1F when we have home fans there.

When I go there, we get funny looks if we try to sing.

wealdgull

NSC Patron
Dec 7, 2017
Just received my renewal packs. Kicked out of E1G and moved over to E1H, not at all happy with that. Move kids closer to the away fans, who thought this was a good idea? The reasons they give for moving in their covering letter are nothing other than embarrassing, this is a blatant money grab.

And if I'm offered the chance to repurchase the seats we've sat in for several seasons (no indication if E1G is going to be available to season ticket holders) it will cost me an extra £840 for the four of us, which would be an increase of around 60%.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Few more seasons and I’ll be moving to the NS...sitting. In ESU is a luxury that i wont be able to afford

There aren't as many sitting areas as you may think, especially if you wish to keep dry!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here