Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Season Ticket Renewals - Family Stand moved from E1G to E1H!

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Also my son's season ticket just jumped up to £145 because he'll be 10 next season. That seems a bit steep but as usual I will end up paying it.

Your son's ticket has jumped up BY £145, or TO £145?

If it is the latter, as you've written, then his seat, at the Amex is going to cost £7.63 per Premier League match (or £6.30 per Championship match).

'Seems a bit steep'?

REALLY!?

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Why are people being moved? Is the away end being moved?

Bit poor from the club if there's been no prior warning of this.

I hope it is and closer to the singing in the North stand. Half the reason the atmosphere at the Amex is so poor at times is the distance between away fans singing and our own so you fail to get the back and forth. I sit south end of WSL and you can barely hear the North stand even though you can see that some of them actually are singing.

Alba Badger

Mar 14, 2016
Straight outta Felpham
These pics should explain better than my last post.

2019.PNG

2020/21
2020.PNG

Last edited:

Alba Badger

Mar 14, 2016
Straight outta Felpham
I hope it is and closer to the singing in the North stand. Half the reason the atmosphere at the Amex is so poor at times is the distance between away fans singing and our own so you fail to get the back and forth. I sit south end of WSL and you can barely hear the North stand even though you can see that some of them actually are singing.

Away end is not moving, do not get your hopes up. The max the club can charge for away tickets is £30 each, if they moved the away end along pitch side they would be waving bye bye to thousands of pounds of revenue. The club currently charge from £36 to £58 for tickets along pitch side (Slightly lower for season ticket holders) and they make that the away area (3,000 seats per match) that could be as much as £50k per game they would lose out on.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Sorry, it jumped from £90 to £145

So, increasing from £4.73 per PL game, to a whopping £7.63!

You wait until he becomes U21, and you are hit with the double whammy of his big jump from the U18 price, AND the increase in your own, as you scrabble to find an affordable pair of seats amongst whats on offer outside of the Family area...

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Just received my season ticket renewal pack - they have automatically moved our family stand season ticket seats from E1G to E1H (worse seats IMO). There's been no communication that I have seen that mentions this move (unless I have missed it) - only a brief note in the "Key Dates" section in the ST renewal pack. If I want to sit in my same seat for my son and myself, I have to pay an extra £420!!!

When the club failed to contact me in 2019 on an important ST issue, they said it was because some years ago I’d ticked “no marketing emails”. But it wasn’t a marketing issue, and they’d kept me informed on the matter by email earlier on in the process.

I couldn’t be arsed to argue.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

I sit in the NS, supposedly vibrant Block D, and it has been quiet for quite a while. Exceptional highlights, Brighton beating Spurs and Everton.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
These pics should explain better than my last post.

View attachment 119810

2020/21
View attachment 119811

Cheers. I hadn't realised that there was another part of the Family stand down near the south. I'm assuming the reason they didn't move it up to E1C (and a bit of E1D) was more expensive/better seats? Seems a bit bizarre having one big family 'zone' near the north and then a smaller one next to the away fans...

el punal

Aug 29, 2012
The dull part of the south coast
Just received my season ticket renewal pack - they have automatically moved our family stand season ticket seats from E1G to E1H (worse seats IMO). There's been no communication that I have seen that mentions this move (unless I have missed it) - only a brief note in the "Key Dates" section in the ST renewal pack. If I want to sit in my same seat for my son and myself, I have to pay an extra £420!!!

Have you actually contacted the club to discuss this? It might help then you could let us know of the outcome and reasons why.

Alba Badger

Mar 14, 2016
Straight outta Felpham
Cheers. I hadn't realised that there was another part of the Family stand down near the south. I'm assuming the reason they didn't move it up to E1C (and a bit of E1D) was more expensive/better seats? Seems a bit bizarre having one big family 'zone' near the north and then a smaller one next to the away fans...

I agree, they want to put the kids in the sections they can't charge as much for, and we're still lucky as It could be worse, they could have moved the whole family stand to the south west corner. Southampton, for example, stick their family section in the corner and many teams stick their family sections behind the goals.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I agree, they want to put the kids in the sections they can't charge as much for, and we're still lucky as It could be worse, they could have moved the whole family stand to the south west corner. Southampton, for example, stick their family section in the corner and many teams stick their family sections behind the goals.

Agreed. ESL is a very good location, considering the substantial discounts the family stand pricing affords, over the corresponding age group prices in other sections of the ground.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
So, increasing from £4.73 per PL game, to a whopping £7.63!

You wait until he becomes U21, and you are hit with the double whammy of his big jump from the U18 price, ..

At least now there's U21 price. When my son went from 17 to 18, and still in education, there was no U21 price and it went straight from U18 to full adult price.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Didn't TB talk about the 'lost generation' regarding the Withdean years and getting very few kids along to those games. I guess he's had seven years at the Amex and we're back on track with bringing in more families to the game.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
At least now there's U21 price. When my son went from 17 to 18, and still in education, there was no U21 price and it went straight from U18 to full adult price.

[MENTION=3566]hans kraay fan club[/MENTION] possibly had a part in that happening, having also been hit in the same way you were.

Paul Barber came along to one of the NSC mods' nights out, and I recall HKFC raising this with him.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Sorry, it jumped from £90 to £145

Isn't that the U10 to U18 price? How old is your boy?

As an aside I've sat in E1H with kids before and it is a horrible experience for little ones. Away fans doing W*nker signs and swearing at you the whole time and all that. It can be terrifying for the younger kids. Terrible location for a family area. If they want to put cheap seats there price them the same as the North stand and get some vocal fans in there.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here