Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Season Ticket Renewals - Family Stand moved from E1G to E1H!

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Fk me I thought this was a wind UP.

As fleece the customer at all costs goes this is right up there with cat ABC.

Tell them to stick their reshuffle where the sun doesn't shine.

Oh and sack Benny Hill too.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Whilst this doesn't impact me as I'm not in E1G but if I was I'd be well annoyed about this and being put closer to the away fans.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
These pics should explain better than my last post.

View attachment 119810

2020/21
View attachment 119811

I'm with you in spirit all the way. Our last STs were in the same block you are being kicked out of and I would have been well hacked off about being moved. Did they take advice from Beaky?

Taking your new block out of play for many occasional match attenders like me ain't great either. That block has been where we've seen most of our games of late. I'll not be going as often now I expect.

Oh, top contribution from [MENTION=205]Tom Hark, Preston Park[/MENTION] too whilst I'm at it.

Last edited:

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
What a really shitty raw deal for the people being forced into those significantly worse seats.

Still, Barber can pat himself on the back for a job well done. Very clever to squeeze more money out of fans and take another step to sterilise the atmosphere in one move.

So the club moving sth is completely unacceptable yet your proposals to move people just because they don't sing loud enough is ok!!

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
So the club moving sth is completely unacceptable yet your proposals to move people just because they don't sing loud enough is ok!!
My proposal is completely different. A carefully managed voluntary redeployment scheme, implemented over several years, compared to mass compulsory redundancies...

With the will to do it then it would definitely be possible to gradually build a group of more vocal NS fans close enough to each other to work together.

Quite small numbers would make a big difference.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
My proposal is completely different. A carefully managed voluntary redeployment scheme, implemented over several years, compared to mass compulsory redundancies...

With the will to do it then it would definitely be possible to gradually build a group of more vocal NS fans close enough to each other to work together.

I wonder how many of those who are decrying the lack of atmosphere have endeavoured over the seasons to move closer to the main section that does sing whether that is under the Police box or wherever it is deemed to be?

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
I wonder how many of those who are decrying the lack of atmosphere have endeavoured over the seasons to move closer to the main section that does sing whether that is under the Police box or wherever it is deemed to be?
Good question that highlights the key issue. There isn’t a defined focal area in the North Stand. The current police box collective are not able to be that focal point. People have not moved to join them. Let’s be 100% clear. I obviously don’t for one second want black hoodies, a drum and Euro-droning (who would want that?!).

I don’t think anything will happen but my ideal would be to just try and work at over time building a focal point for the NS atmosphere. A block, of part of a couple of blocks, that you want to be in if you enjoy being rowdy and vocal.

I don’t think the club want it and that is a great shame and a big mistake.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

I thought that was my idea? :D

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
I thought that was my idea? :D
”It’s amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit” (Harry S. Truman) [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Out of interest, my son and I are in the family section and he has just turned 18, will we be turfed out to elsewhere and if so do we get first dibs or can we stay where we are as he is now an U21?

You'll be reallocated to elsewhere in the stadium. You will be treated as a priority move and be given options on where you want to go.

Yep, this /\

They'll ring you (or invite you to ring them) and you'll be given a choice of all available pairs of seats in the stadium. Some will be in SW corner etc where there are pockets of non STHs, but there'll be decent ones doted about because of non-renewals. You'll get a choice of those before they are offered to people at the top of the waiting list.

The goods ones are a steep price hike from what you are paying now though! We are now WSU at the front, but at the very North end. A lot further from the pitch than we were used to, and behind the goal line (when we were quite close to halfway in block C of the ESL) took a little getting used to.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
It’s crazy to have a family area right next to away fans.

This is the weird thing. There is a much larger family area (Zone F), next to the North Stand, but for some reason (money, I'm assuming) the extras won't be moved next to them because they are better/more expensive seats (roughly up to the halfway line, I guess). So from the North Stand to the South Stand it will be Families, then regular punters, then families again.

Bonkers...

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
It’s crazy to have a family area right next to away fans.
Agreed. It is literally the last place in the whole stadium they should be placing young families. Only being done for money reasons. #BarberOut

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
This is the weird thing. There is a much larger family area (Zone F), next to the North Stand, but for some reason (money, I'm assuming) the extras won't be moved next to them because they are better/more expensive seats (roughly up to the halfway line, I guess). So from the North Stand to the South Stand it will be Families, then regular punters, then families again.

Bonkers...

So again, to be fair, when the stadium first opened the Family Area was only E1A, E1B and half of E1C. STs have then always been sold from the other half of E1C up to E1G. As far as I remember, E1G and E1H was always staff and club guests, player's families, then match day sales.

As the stadium expanded, the club then decided to create a new Family section due to demand, and the only place that could go was E1G or E1H, of course it would have been a lot easier to stick it next to E1C but with that block mostly ST holders, you'd be turfing out all those people to enlarge the family area.

So actually what you're suggesting is you relocate a load of ST holders in the other half of E1C/E1D, some of whom will have had their seats since the stadium opened to create this enlarged family area. I can imagine that going down well.

If the club was really mercenary they could of course scrap the additional family area altogether and just sell the tickets in E1G and E1H full price or reduce the ST waiting list.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Each year I get this wrong, when can I look at available seats to move? From day one we were in the ESL, when built we moved to ESU and now, as teenagers my lads want to move to the NS, our friends are in there and I want to get three seats close to them, when can we do this is it only when all STs have been taken up, I guess around May time? Yes called the office and was told only when "the STs have been sold"?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here