Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Season ticket renewal terms and discussion

TELF

Aug 19, 2003
Lancing
i paid £415 last season, times it by three it dont make £1500. what exactly are the prices for 1 or 3 season tickets

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
TELF said:
i paid £415 last season, times it by three it dont make £1500. what exactly are the prices for 1 or 3 season tickets

Very good point.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
The Wookiee said:
Does anybody remember that scheme a few years back when you could buy, i think a ten year season ticket?

Three grand I think - bargain in the light of the current cost!

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon
Look on the bright side,all this will mean you can get up on a Saturday Morning and look at the weather,and if its a nice day you will be able to pop down the Club Shop on the way to the game and pick up your ticket,just like the old days!

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Dick Knights bending our arms further up our back.Its not long before they will snap.:nono:

balloonboy

aka Jim in the West
Jan 6, 2004
Way out West
Where are the best seats in the South Stand? Blocks D, E and F (imho). Which means these are the seats almost definitely going to be allocated to season ticket holders - even if we only have a couple of thousand next season. Which means if you don't have a season ticket, you'll be relegated to either end of the south stand or (even worse), the new seating somewhere in Lancing.

The other issue is - buying a season ticket will REALLY help the club. Look, we're not Merchandising United - the owners are real supporters, and they're NOT trying to rip us off, just attempting to work miracles by keeping this club out of administration.

Stop being logical, and follow your heart!

Jameson

I haven't seen the letter yet. I would have thought most would have gone out together and no one seems to have it.

Think I will wait to see it in hard copy first.

I don't suppose that there's a link between the "buy by" date and the Falmer announcement perchance? ???

Fran Hagarty

Jul 5, 2003
Mid Sussex
TELF said:

£415 is the cost of an adult season ticket in the South Stand/Centre & Singing, if purchased before 1st March. It can also be purchased by paying in three instalments of £147 - before 1st March, before 31st March and before 30th April - totalling £441.

The three year seson ticket for an adult, in the same area, costs £1205 before 1st March or can be purchased in three instalments, as above, of £428, totalling £1284.

There are other options for paying later, but the cost increases e.g a ticket as above will cost £445 between 1st March and 30th April or £474 in instalments.

If purchased after 30th April it will cost £477 or £510 in instalments.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Shell out for three years now and you just KNOW they'll be back cap-in-hand asking for more before even eighteen months is up. Just like they did with Fatboy Slim. Can't believe anybody would go for this - tho respect if you do, like. The club should be damn lucky anybody's renewing their season ticket for ONE year, let alone three. Give 'em three years money up-front, they got carte-blanche to tread water on the playing front, just like they thought they could do this season til the attendences started falling away alarmingly. Just say no, kidz :nono:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Pavilionaire said:
Many people will not have recovered from Christmas spending / Jan tax bills to pay out big in March.

I can understand the club doing this, although I maintain we're paying £300 for a season ticket and £100 plus charitable donation to the club...

That's just about what it comes down to in the end. Just like the folk who pay on a match-by-match basis do. And none of us who understand the reasons really objects to it. Cos we all want the same thing in the end. I wonder if the club have actually seriously ever contemplated registering as a charity. Probably all sorts of juicy tax advantages. Probably all sorts of League rules against it also then

Lush

Mods' Pet
balloonboy said:
....buying a season ticket will REALLY help the club. Look, we're not Merchandising United - the owners are real supporters, and they're NOT trying to rip us off, just attempting to work miracles by keeping this club out of administration.

Stop being logical, and follow your heart!

I totally agree. In one thread people are saying that they would rub chillis in their eyes - or whatever - to get us to Falmer. The next they are wingeing about paying what works out as between £15 and £20 to watch their "beloved team" play - the cost of a couple of CDs.

This is not money that is being siphoned off to shareholders; this is money that is helping OUR club to survive until we get Falmer. I know it's easy to say when you can afford it, but it's a question of priorities. I don't begrudge a single penny of the ticket or the increase.

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
I will certainly be re-newing for next season, whether I can afford three seasons is debatable though.

Incidentally, a couple of people queried whether the third of the three seasons would be at Falmer. I suspect this won't be the case as I seem to recall hearing an interview with Martin Perry where he said that he expected the stadium would be complete by 2007 at the earliest. Can anyone confirm if my memory is correct?

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
TELF said:
your right but would you go out and buy £1200 of cd's for your listening pleasure for next few years???

Perhaps.

But now I have Kazaa.

balloonboy said:
Where are the best seats in the South Stand? Blocks D, E and F (imho). Which means these are the seats almost definitely going to be allocated to season ticket holders - even if we only have a couple of thousand next season. Which means if you don't have a season ticket, you'll be relegated to either end of the south stand
Which is exactly the reason why the singing section is full of goons, gimps and grannies and there is no atmosphere at games.

Well, all the people who casually think that next season they'll be able to waltz into Withdean whenever they like after not renewing their season ticket had better be hoping for one thing.

That we don't take 30k or 40K to Cardiff for a play-off final and win it. If that happened, the club would have no problem selling out its ST allocation for Withdean next season.

I am hoping we can get to Cardiff and will be back in Division 1. We just ran rings around the best team in the league, so why not?

The 3-year deal is excellent value, for those that can afford it. For those that can afford it, I would urge you to take the offer up as a big gesture of support for the club. :clap: :clap: :clap:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
London Irish said:

The 3-year deal is excellent value, for those that can afford it. For those that can afford it, I would urge you to take the offer up as a big gesture of support for the club. :clap: :clap: :clap:

Is it bollocks excellent value! We could be playing in the Conference in three years trime or we could be in the Premiership. It's a pure gamble, plain and simple. I mean, god forbid, but what if we don't get Falmer? Or we do get Falmer and then some hitherto-undiscovered crustacian is found in Falmer Pond? You're donating your 3-year season ticket money up front to some further bolloxy enquiry and the player budget getsd nowt.

Basically if you commit to a three year deal at this stage in the game then it's an act of faith, pure and simple. If the club was to register with the Charities Commision as a bone-fide charity then, yeah, maybe.

But the simple truth is that the majority of the current 5K season ticket holders only exist cos they got pissed off spending two hours on the phone to the club shop trying to get tickets two/one seasons ago. Next season getting to see the Albion at Withdean will not be any kind of problem whatsoever - and it would take a giant leap of Faith, Hope & Charity for anybody in their right mind to shell out for three years of the same.

Tom Hark said:
Basically if you commit to a three year deal at this stage in the game then it's an act of faith, pure and simple. If the club was to register with the Charities Commision as a bone-fide charity then, yeah, maybe.

Tom, you should try and educate yourself a little better about the club you support (after a fashion).

The Albion was set up as a non-profit making organisation. The original Articles of Association adopted in 1904 state that if the club ever foundered, its assets would not go towards enriching shareholders, but to other Sussex sporting organisations and charities. This fact should be burned into the soul of every Albion fan because that was what Archer "accidentally" changed ten years go prior to the sale of the Goldstone, a fact uncovered by fine detective work by Paul Samrah and Argus reporter Paul Bracchi.

So the Albion does operate in the charitable manner you pine for.

The club was set up over a 100 years ago as an act of faith for the future of community sport in Sussex. Now that the club is about to go through another seminal moment in its history, perhaps none bigger apart from the actual founding of the club itself, then, yes, it is more than appropriate that today's generation of Albion fans should be investing in the club as an "act of faith." This will secure the future of the club for another 100 years or beyond.

If you have that mindset, the 3-year-deal is excellent value. There is not a hope in hell with our revenue streams that ST prices will go down, they will only go up as we approach the construction of Falmer.

If you view youself as a consumer of what the club offers rather than as a supporter, someone who might f*** off at any minute if something a little more attractive comes along than watching Albion games, then I can see why you might hesitate to invest in the future of the club.

But my original posting was directed at the TRUE fans of the club, the ones who will be here in the future come rain or shine, South Stand roof or no South Stand roof, Falmer of wherever we end up.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
London Irish said:
Tom, you should try and educate yourself a little better about the club you support (after a fashion).

The Albion was set up as a non-profit making organisation. The original Articles of Association adopted in 1904 state that if the club ever foundered, its assets would not go towards enriching shareholders, but to other Sussex sporting organisations and charities. This fact should be burned into the soul of every Albion fan because that was what Archer "accidentally" changed ten years go prior to the sale of the Goldstone, a fact uncovered by fine detective work by Paul Samrah and Argus reporter Paul Bracchi.

So the Albion does operate in the charitable manner you pine for.

The club was set up over a 100 years ago as an act of faith for the future of community sport in Sussex. Now that the club is about to go through another seminal moment in its history, perhaps none bigger apart from the actual founding of the club itself, then, yes, it is more than appropriate that today's generation of Albion fans should be investing in the club as an "act of faith." This will secure the future of the club for another 100 years or beyond.

If you have that mindset, the 3-year-deal is excellent value. There is not a hope in hell with our revenue streams that ST prices will go down, they will only go up as we approach the construction of Falmer.

If you view youself as a consumer of what the club offers rather than as a supporter, someone who might f*** off at any minute if something a little more attractive comes along than watching Albion games, then I can see why you might hesitate to invest in the future of the club.

But my original posting was directed at the TRUE fans of the club, the ones who will be here in the future come rain or shine, South Stand roof or no South Stand roof, Falmer of wherever we end up.

Well ****ing said!

:albion:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here