Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Season ticket renewal terms and discussion

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Many people will not have recovered from Christmas spending / Jan tax bills to pay out big in March.

I can understand the club doing this, although I maintain we're paying £300 for a season ticket and £100 plus charitable donation to the club...

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
Im not renewing until may...Then i'll know what division we will be in! And i still ghet to keep my seat!

balloonboy

aka Jim in the West
Jan 6, 2004
Way out West
Albion Dan said:
Maybe it doesnt matter to you, but I have 2 tickets and its a big outlay. To be honest there will be plenty of seats next season and I wont even need a season ticket, and we are bound to see record numbers of holders not renewing due to the apathy at the moment. Ill have no probs getting tickets when I want them so the club has scored a massive own goal in my opinion!

Dan, if we get Falmer, then I expect a surge of interest in season tickets. The slightly worrying thing is that, if the club already knows the decision, and Falmer will presumably be ready by 2006/07 (???) then why not wait a week or so and get the offer out when you can talk about Falmer. The answer must be - We're not getting falmer, OR, Falmer won't be ready until 2007/08 season. It must be the latter!

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
byf said:
Im not renewing until may...Then i'll know what division we will be in! And i still ghet to keep my seat!
And you pay about £50 more!

rool

Jul 10, 2003
balloonboy said:
Dan, if we get Falmer, then I expect a surge of interest in season tickets.

I disagree. When we get falmer there will be no reason to get a season ticket other than make savings on buying individual match tickets.
I only bought a ticket at withdean to guarantee getting to matches. This is not the case at the moment and certainly will not be the case at Falmer other than the first few matches or BIG fixtures

rool

Jul 10, 2003
fatboy said:

You say that Fatboy but look at the trouble people are having GIVING tickets away this season. You only have to miss three home games and you have negated the saving.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
balloonboy said:
Dan, if we get Falmer, then I expect a surge of interest in season tickets. The slightly worrying thing is that, if the club already knows the decision, and Falmer will presumably be ready by 2006/07 (???) then why not wait a week or so and get the offer out when you can talk about Falmer. The answer must be - We're not getting falmer, OR, Falmer won't be ready until 2007/08 season. It must be the latter!

If any of your theories above are accurate then I'd say it's more than slightly worrying-regardless of which theory is correct.

BTW Brighton Jock-what news of the promised "Exciting Season Ticket Offers" or "Special Incentives"? :shootself

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
fatboy said:

Yeah i'd rather pay the £50 more in the summer when i have no outlay.

But expecting the money from fans in mid-late season..while chargin £30+for games is a fcukin joke!

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Because of not being able to make some games, I've either given tickets away or, on occasion, binned them.

Home games will have cost me about £35 per game, at a guesstimate. Struggling to see the incentive to renew.

Inkerman

Sep 3, 2003
Berkshire
I think that STs will be hard to sell at Falmer.

What percent of the Goldstone was STs? I never had one and never missed a match through lack of a ticket - including at the end vs Doncaster.
Most people will take the casual approach to Falmer unless we make the Prem.

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
munster monch said:
You say that Fatboy but look at the trouble people are having GIVING tickets away this season. You only have to miss three home games and you have negated the saving.

I meant if he is going to renew anyway, he may as well do it at the cheaper price, rather than pay more in the summer when he has "no outlay".

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Bozza said:
Struggling to see the incentive to renew.

Me too-other than guaranteeing I sit near people I know which makes some games bearable when the football itself is shit.

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
Another way of looking at this is when buying a season ticket you do not have the hassle of applying for tickets/trying to get tickets for sold out(!) games/waste time trying to meet random people outside the ground to get tickets etc etc...and this all costs money.

You also won't be able to use the travel voucher if you don't get your ticket until you are at the ground.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Bwian said:
Me too-other than guaranteeing I sit near people I know which makes some games bearable when the football itself is shit.

There is that, of course.

Although by not renewing I might escape the ordeal of having my hand crushed to a pulp when I arrive at Withdean.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Bozza said:
There is that, of course.

Although by not renewing I might escape the ordeal of having my hand crushed to a pulp when I arrive at Withdean.

:safeway

safetycentral_1779_104066215

Last edited:

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
fatboy said:

You also won't be able to use the travel voucher if you don't get your ticket until you are at the ground.

If you drive you can just tell them youre picking up your ticket at the ground, if you buy a ticket in advance and get the train its not a problem anyway.

Its going to be interesting to see what the club do when the numbers are down on last season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here