Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Season ticket renewal terms and discussion

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
3 year season is all well and good but it'll be my dad paying. I don't he's prepared to splash out 4,500 on 3, 3 year season tickets.

I'm happy with same prices though, even if it's just for next season.

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
Where do you think the money for Falmer's going to come from? You don't really think we've got it already funded do you? This money will be used to pay for the 'up front' costs related to building the stadium. We'll hardly see anything to cover the playing side (other than for wages). Let's face it - the really difficult bit is just about to start. We've got to somehow survive the next 3 years on virtually no money, while everything we have is ploughed into Falmer. Hardship? It's been easy so far!

However, I'll renew by March as I want to keep our seats in E block. If I was in B or H then perhaps I'd think twice - unless I was offered seats closer to the middle. In the end though I still think I'd renew as we're all in this together - and we've all got a part to play.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
God, Im sick to death at all these moaners, it just drives me crazy.

We have high prices because.....

1) Each home match costs is £33k to hold
2) Every goddam nut and bolt at Withdean is rented
3) We are still funding the Falmer application and the extra seats
4) Even if we gets Falmer approved, we shall be having several seasons of loss making still at Withdean.

We are LOSING money every week, and season ticket renewals are the central income strategy of the club.

If you can afford the season, then renew it, if you cannot, then don't - but don't bitch about the clubs high prices and early renewals - we are not like any other club, - and you have to accept that.

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
I have no problem with renewing mine at the same price this season, what I have an issue about is offering a 3 year deal with no saving. Thats not an incentive at all, if they want people to take that up they should offer a saving for doing it like if your ticket costs 415 a year then offer three years for say 1100, a saving of 150 odd quid.

I might consider that but not at 1245 pounds. its just not worth doing.

Inkerman

Sep 3, 2003
Berkshire
Scoffers said:

we are not like any other club, - and you have to accept that.

Fair points. I haven't see the letter yet but am assuming that the words presented at the top of this thread represent it accurately.

Do you think that it would have been better to present the case to the supporters along the lines of "we need your cash into the club to help fund our move to Falmer and to ensure the long term future, without your support we will find it difficult to survive" or do you prefer the "we have an exciting offer for you" approach?

I know which I find the most believeable.

Ex Shelton Seagull

Jul 7, 2003
Block G, Row F, Seat 175
Do you have to pay up-front for 3 seasons, or can you spread the payment out? I doubt if 5,000 people are going to pay over a grand straight away without some idea as to what's happening with Falmer.
What is happening with Falmer anyway? Are we to infer from this offer that prices will stay at Withdean levels if we make the move? Or could they rise in the future, is that the incentive?
What's happening with Withdean? I got the impression off people on NSC that Ecovert won't be running the stadium next season. I took that to mean that we'd be keeping hold of advertising/catering revenue from next season. Or is that wrong as well?

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
Inkerman said:
Fair points. I haven't see the letter yet but am assuming that the words presented at the top of this thread represent it accurately.

Do you think that it would have been better to present the case to the supporters along the lines of "we need your cash into the club to help fund our move to Falmer and to ensure the long term future, without your support we will find it difficult to survive" or do you prefer the "we have an exciting offer for you" approach?

I know which I find the most believeable.

Fair enough, that's just the way Marketing works I suppose

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Scoffers said:

We have high prices because.....

1) Each home match costs is £33k to hold
2) Every goddam nut and bolt at Withdean is rented
3) We are still funding the Falmer application and the extra seats
4) Even if we gets Falmer approved, we shall be having several seasons of loss making still at Withdean.

We are LOSING money every week, and season ticket renewals are the central income strategy of the club.

If you can afford the season, then renew it, if you cannot, then don't - but don't bitch about the clubs high prices and early renewals - we are not like any other club, - and you have to accept that.

I think you've missed the point by 'all these moaners'.

We don't need a daily reminder why this club is different from any other-that's fairly obvious to most of us. What some are questioning (rightly so IMHO) is the constant shifting of the renewal dates for season tickets-it gets earlier and earlier FFS. How soon before we're being asked to pay a whole season ahead of current arrangements?

I'm a big supporter of DK, MP and the current board but they drop some massive clangers at times and although I'll probably renew I'm not happy about being blackmailed into renewing months early to maintain current prices.

As Inkerman said-it's the way it's being presented that's almost as galling as the request to renew early itself. Maybe DK is scared to reveal afinancial plight in case it bollocks up the Falmer funding?

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Ex Shelton Seagull said:

What's happening with Withdean? I got the impression off people on NSC that Ecovert won't be running the stadium next season. I took that to mean that we'd be keeping hold of advertising/catering revenue from next season. Or is that wrong as well?

The Club take over the running of the match day for the last four matches this season. I don't know about running the stadium as a whole though.

They've kicked out Kings Cusine ( Kings Puke more like !!! ) and awarded the contract to someone else - I guess this means that they will get the revenue.

Advertising ? No idea.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
Not got mine yet. I will renew whatever happens, I supported the club at the Goldstone at the PissFilled, at Withdean, and I shall continue to do so, with or without Falmer. I guess that I can afford to renew so the issue of cost, and the timing of the renewal is not important to me.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
Bwian said:
I think you've missed the point by 'all these moaners'.

We don't need a daily reminder why this club is different from any other-that's fairly obvious to most of us. What some are questioning (rightly so IMHO) is the constant shifting of the renewal dates for season tickets-it gets earlier and earlier FFS. How soon before we're being asked to pay a whole season ahead of current arrangements?

I'm a big supporter of DK, MP and the current board but they drop some massive clangers at times and although I'll probably renew I'm not happy about being blackmailed into renewing months early to maintain current prices.

As Inkerman said-it's the way it's being presented that's almost as galling as the request to renew early itself. Maybe DK is scared to reveal afinancial plight in case it bollocks up the Falmer funding?

On the contrary, I think that a lot of people DO need reminding about our situation, otherwise why would we see some of the posts on this thread.

I'm not saying that are seasons are particularly fair and reasonable, just that we have a massive burden, and will continue to do so some years to come, and folks need to get used to that fact.

What would they prefer, low season ticket prices and no players or club?

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Albion Dan said:
Sorry one more thing, if the club arent going to reduce prices when we get to Falmer they have the commercial sense of a donkeys arse! We will have a ground that we will have to find 13,000 more supprters to fill, a higher attendence in its own right than any we avg we have acheived since 1985!!!!

Season tickets will be completely unrequired so they must be priced attractively. The club are living in cloud cukoo land! :nono:

If the last of the 3 seasons of the "deal" is at Falmer I cant see how you are getting any benefit!

We could be playing at Falmer, in the Premier League, in front of sellout crowds watching The Arse, ManUre, Chelski etc... then you wouldn't be moaning about a measly 415 quid!

harold robbins

Jul 5, 2003
Still cant help thinking about the Bradford City experience. Supporters paid up front - I think this might have been for a 10 year ticket. Club went bust and hey presto... tickets were worthless and not recognised by the club. No thanks Dick, I`ll stick to renewing for one season at a time.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
harold robbins said:
Still cant help thinking about the Bradford City experience. Supporters paid up front - I think this might have been for a 10 year ticket. Club went bust and hey presto... tickets were worthless and not recognised by the club. No thanks Dick, I`ll stick to renewing for one season at a time.

That's your choice, but the whole point here is the DK is trying to ensure that we DO NOT go bust.

And you cannot really compare 10 years to 3 years - which is the timescales involved with moving into Falmer.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Titanic said:
We could be playing at Falmer, in the Premier League, in front of sellout crowds watching The Arse, ManUre, Chelski etc... then you wouldn't be moaning about a measly 415 quid!

lol, What odds on that happening when we cant even get Trevor?

And if that happens then Im sure lots of people will rebuy a season ticket wont they! But until then Ill be happy to buy one of the many empty seats at withdean next year as required.

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Does anybody remember that scheme a few years back when you could buy, i think a ten year season ticket?
Does anybody know anybody that bought one?

harold robbins

Jul 5, 2003
Agreed,Scoffers, and I am not one of those who will hesitate to renew for next year.But even a three year deal is risking £1500 on an uncertain future..I think not. Its a tough decision and I guess weve all got to weigh up the options - I wouldnt critcise anyone who felt able to go for it. Its just not for me.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
The Wookiee said:
Does anybody remember that scheme a few years back when you could buy, i think a ten year season ticket?
Does anybody know anybody that bought one?

At the time, I think I heard the figure sold was 10 or very similar to that.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
I am not saying that I would pay £1500 up front, Mrs Scoffers would have something to say about that - just that I don't see it as a large risk - I have faith in DK's ability to keep us afloat - and I guess that is what it will come down to - whether you can aford it, and if you can, do you trust the board?

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
So Cheaper running costs, more revenue, and we still have to pay well in advance!!!

>
Perry also revealed in the interview that the club will take full control of Withdean on matchdays - subject to council ratification in the next 48 hours - meaning they will not have to use current stadium contractors Ecovert.

The good news for us is that as of 1st April, the contract between the council and Ecovert will end. A new deal is being finalised with a new contractor. As part of that, our deal on the use of Withdean is being re-negotiated.<

What this means is that all the stewards, events staff, the safety team will all become employees of the club, which means we'll save a great deal of money

"It also means that things like catering and advertising revenue will come to the club, and that those sorts of income that other clubs have enjoyed traditionally - that we've never had - will belong to the Albion and will help us a great deal over the period until we get to our new stadium.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here