Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Season Ticket frustration!!!!

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Chesterfield
I can't really see what the club are supposed to do about this, after all ticket office staff are probably covering the weekday evening appointments without extra staff, so if the club were to organise special weekend sessions they would have to pay extra wages for no extra income. That's assuming the staff even want to come in at the weekend (which if they've been doing evenings as well they probably won't).

It's much the same as being in the queue for the boxing day sales. If you choose to spend all of Xmas day outside in the freezing cold then good luck to you, but if you choose to have the full Xmas dinner with trimmings and a nice snooze on the 25th and then expect to rock up to the front of the queue on boxing day, well tough.

It's an important purchase and one you want to get right, so it makes sense to do it in person, as you won't necessarily be able to change your location if you're not happy on 18th August.

I don't think that's altogether fair. Those of us who work aren't "rocking up to the front of the queue". A lot of us have waited 18 months for the right to do this, and as you said, it's about getting it right. The point that I, and others are making, is that they seem to be arranging appointment times that are opposite to the times that MOST people can make (the appointment slots are at 12pm, 2pm, 4pm 6pm and 7pm), with pretty much all the 6 and 7pm slots taken. The ticket office has admitted that in the main, any day you like you can go at 12,2 or 4pm, but those of us who work, I imagine, would find that bloody hard. All I'm saying is that if they'd planned more evening slots (i.e do 4,6,7 and 8pm) and some at weekends, the process would have been quicker, and easier to manage.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I can't believe that there are no apointments for Saturdays /Sundays.

The club know people work, cannot make daytime and obviously evening appts. will fill up fast.

What about exiles - how are they supposed to buy STs?

Don't think they had any last year - I took a day's holiday off work to sort out mine, wasn't really a problem :shrug:

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
I had the same, work in Crawley and cannot make it down before 5.30 any night, managed to get a 7pm next Wednesday but how many seats will go before then? Asked about just buying it over the phone and I was told this isnt possible, The lady couldnt even give me the prices? What actually happens at these appointments, its not like you are going to be able to sit in your seat, it isnt even built yet?

You'll need to take urine & stool samples (I forgot to take mine so it was a bit embarrassing producing both to order)

Oddsocks

May 1, 2012
The reason they have appointments is so they can check you out...(not in a wierd way) They want to make sure you can eat a pie and drink 3 pints of Harveys in 45 minutes and that you have a suitable shouting voice...Specifically you need to have a couple of anti referee songs/chants up your sleeve. Believe me, you'll need them!!

Gary Gurr

Nov 13, 2011
Eastbourne
The reason they have appointments is so they can check you out...(not in a wierd way) They want to make sure you can eat a pie and drink 3 pints of Harveys in 45 minutes and that you have a suitable shouting voice...Specifically you need to have a couple of anti referee songs/chants up your sleeve. Believe me, you'll need them!!

Oddsocks you forgot to mention the ability to queue for 20 minutes to have a pee at half time! :D

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Staff will already be working additional hours i would have thought to get the Season Tickets out, the weekend would be their only days off.

Im sure taking an afternoon off work, or just pulling a sickie altogether - is worth it. Havent seen anyone else on NSC moaning about the appointment times, more the fact they are happy they actually HAVE an appointment.

Jul 24, 2003
Newbury, Berkshire.
I don't think that's altogether fair. Those of us who work aren't "rocking up to the front of the queue". A lot of us have waited 18 months for the right to do this, and as you said, it's about getting it right. The point that I, and others are making, is that they seem to be arranging appointment times that are opposite to the times that MOST people can make (the appointment slots are at 12pm, 2pm, 4pm 6pm and 7pm), with pretty much all the 6 and 7pm slots taken. The ticket office has admitted that in the main, any day you like you can go at 12,2 or 4pm, but those of us who work, I imagine, would find that bloody hard. All I'm saying is that if they'd planned more evening slots (i.e do 4,6,7 and 8pm) and some at weekends, the process would have been quicker, and easier to manage.

To meet the times you want the ticket office staff would have to change their work pattern, which is normally 9-5 to, say 2-10. Not saying it couldn't be done, but if they've got kids to look after as well, how are they supposed to do it? The club have to consider being fair to their staff just as much as their fans, and are probably only able to offer the evening sessions on the back of the goodwill of the office staff and the fact that the season has ended. If they have kids to look after then expecting them to work until probably after 9pm when they'd normally finish at 5pm, seems a bit unrealistic.

luge

Dec 18, 2010
Had an appt for next tuesday, but work changed things around - meaning i couldn't make an appt until early July!

Had to give in and get a ESU ticket over the phone. About £155 more than my folks tickets in the WSU. Irritating, but then again, the view from where i'm going to be is going to rock.

Going to try and move nearer the family the season after.

Can't wait!!!!!

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Out of interest why can't you buy them over the phone?

I had no interest in going to one of the presentations last season so was able to. Don't see why it should be any different now.

Lush

Mods' Pet
I don't know on what basis the ticket office people are employed at the Amex, but if you want to make money then you have to provide a service that fits with your customers' needs, not your staff. Or pay extra for weekend work. Or train extra weekend staff. However maybe the club thinks that they'll sell out the extra seats easily anyway.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
I don't know on what basis the ticket office people are employed at the Amex, but if you want to make money then you have to provide a service that fits with your customers' needs, not your staff. Or pay extra for weekend work. Or train extra weekend staff. However maybe the club thinks that they'll sell out the extra seats easily anyway.

This ........and I suspect they are right :)

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne

Club will know people will sell the tickets out over May/June offering weekday appointments only and if someone else cant make it, then another person on the list will. Wouldnt be surprised if the staff work the full 40 hours a week (so 5x8 hour days) so they do deserve time off. Dont see why this is such a problem, if you want a ST so badly, then surely you could take an afternoon of work to get one.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
All the club have to do is put the stadium seating plan on their website, then take seat bookings, whilst the applicant views the seating plan, and then take personal details by phone, why do they need appointments to do this, ok if you are local to the stadium, but many fans live a fair distance away and have work commitments

Jack Daniels

Aug 25, 2011
Buggers Hole
The whole thing seems to be quite frustrating. From being left off the waiting list. To being on the back end of appointments. There also seems to be two sets of rules. As some people are given the privilege of booking season tickets over the phone. Where as some are not.

Seems to be so many different sets of rules. I am more than happy I have an appointment to get a season ticket. But like others have said we all have to take time off work. Which I will do if needed but I am not sure that's the case.

Staff I have spoken to at the ticket office also seem to struggle to understand what you are saying. And be very abrupt. Not overly impressed with the service in general. I can't wait for the whole sorry affair to be concluded.

Jack Daniels

Aug 25, 2011
Buggers Hole
Had an appt for next tuesday, but work changed things around - meaning i couldn't make an appt until early July!

Had to give in and get a ESU ticket over the phone. About £155 more than my folks tickets in the WSU. Irritating, but then again, the view from where i'm going to be is going to rock.

Going to try and move nearer the family the season after.

Can't wait!!!!!

Least you were given that option. What did you have to do to get it. I was told it was impossible

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Chesterfield
Lush;4889265[B said:
]I don't know on what basis the ticket office people are employed at the Amex, but if you want to make money then you have to provide a service that fits with your customers' needs, not your staff.[/B] Or pay extra for weekend work. Or train extra weekend staff. However maybe the club thinks that they'll sell out the extra seats easily anyway.

This.

Having worked in the service industry for years, you cater for the needs of your customers. I would imagine that a lot of the staff at the Amex are on seasonal/temp contracts, so I wouldn't imagine it is too hard to make "reasonable" adjustments to take into account the working habits of their customers. After all, when is the Amex at it's busiest?? That'll be Saturday Afternoons.

Here's a thought, could they not have a bloody huge marquee on the pitch, and allocate 2 weekends where people come down and do the presentations, 1500 or so each weekend (in the same style as a uni registration day). Not only could you bash it out in extra quick time, you as a customer get the advantage of being able to GO to your seat to have a look as well as being able to walk on the hallowed turf!! They could have the concessions open, so grab a pint and a pie, and soak up some summer(ish) sun while revelling in the fact that the place is yours for at least the next 12 months! :)

Jul 24, 2003
Newbury, Berkshire.
All the club have to do is put the stadium seating plan on their website, then take seat bookings, whilst the applicant views the seating plan, and then take personal details by phone, why do they need appointments to do this, ok if you are local to the stadium, but many fans live a fair distance away and have work commitments

In most cases this would be sensible, however, people tend to prevaricate, even when looking at a seating plan, and so I doubt the club could turnover as many sales this way as they could with bookings in-person. Committing to a whole package of 23 games in the same seat is a bit different than buying a seat for a one-off event like a cinema/theatre/concert. Plus people tend to want to sit together in groups with people they know, and trying to offer people blocks of seats that they require is difficult if the customer can't see what is available where (in fact it becomes almost impossible once around half the seats are sold because the available seats left will appear in 'random' locations and groups will become split up). It sounds as if the ticket office staff have been told to work from the centre outwards with telephone bookings, probably to speed the whole process up and make sure that available seats are always in blocks rather than odd ones or twos here and there.

Last edited:

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Having worked in the service industry for years, you cater for the needs of your customers. I would imagine that a lot of the staff at the Amex are on seasonal/temp contracts, so I wouldn't imagine it is too hard to make "reasonable" adjustments to take into account the working habits of their customers. After all, when is the Amex at it's busiest?? That'll be Saturday Afternoons.

Wrong - either full/part time staff. Only seasonal staff are the catering staff and possibly a few others.

Id rather get my season ticket in person, on the day, without having 1500 other people there and the possibility of queuing for hours !!! Has been a few cock-ups by the club (but then they havent had to deal with a waiting list and expansion before). If your at the back end of the appointments/been told there arent any left - its simply because people got there before you - nothing more than that.

You cant book over the phone apparently (unless you were renewing/moving), new ST are only being done in person at presentations.

Jack Daniels

Aug 25, 2011
Buggers Hole
Wrong - either full/part time staff. Only seasonal staff are the catering staff and possibly a few others.

Id rather get my season ticket in person, on the day, without having 1500 other people there and the possibility of queuing for hours !!! Has been a few cock-ups by the club (but then they havent had to deal with a waiting list and expansion before). If your at the back end of the appointments/been told there arent any left - its simply because people got there before you - nothing more than that.

You cant book over the phone apparently (unless you were renewing/moving), new ST are only being done in person at presentations.

i'll reserve judgement for now. too many say they have booked over the phone for it to be a complete lie.

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
I'm trying to book my season ticket (got the email yesterday), and have been told that there are virtually no evening appointments left. Bit of a shame, as to be honest, work aren't going to let me book the time off. I've been told by the ticket office that I can book ESU over the phone, but at top end prices, much as I'd love to, it's a bit out of my price range. The clubs suggestion was that I call back at the end of May, and hope there's something left!!!!

My point is, as the club is currently not so busy at weekends, would the sensible thing not be to organize a bunch of appointments for then? They have whole sessions during the weekdays that haven't been filled up as the guy on the phone admitted!!! As it stands, I've had to book an appointment for a time I know I can't make, in the vain hope that my boss takes pity on me and swaps my hours that day. I know it's a bit of a moan, but all I want is my bloody ST, I've waited SO long for the email!!!

If it`s not important enough to arrange come hell or highwater then frankly you do not deserve to have a season ticket:D

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here